Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2014, 04:17 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,357,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
No it's not simple. And your views on gender and sexuality are extremely narrow minded. Not even worth arguing with you beyond that.
Your opinion on my views on this particular topic is as useful as a soiled diaper. I so dont care. You can believe what you want, but TO ME (speaking for myself and not trying to project this on you) you are not a woman. Im sorry you dont like my answer but that the way i see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LortiQU View Post
Uh huh. Well, a male to female transsexual is not a "MAN!" She is a woman. Let me ask you something. You say you are a straight man right? If you were in some kind of accident and you had to have your penis amputated would you still feel you were a man? I assume you would say yes. So, genitals have nothing to do with gender. Genitals have to do with sex.
Nonsense AGAIN. A male to "female" transsexual is simply a man that surgically altered his body to appear like that of a woman; TO ME!!! He is NOT and can never be a woman. Just like a woman can NEVER be a man. My response to your initial post was with regard to the original question posed by the OP.

Genitals are part of the make up of the gender even though they can be altered. To each his or her own.

Have a nice day guys.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:18 PM

89 posts, read 146,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
I think that this is a little more complicated than this as well and might be open to some interpretation. For instance, if a male is attracted to a FtM transsexual is attracted to this individual due to the fact that this individual still has some feminine facial/et cetera features, does this still make this individual gay or bi? IMHO, not necessarily.

Do you see where I am going with this?

(I am genuinely not trying to cause offense here--I simply think that gender and sexuality aren't that clear-cut, though in different ways.)
I think you are trying to complicate the issue. You are looking for something that isn't there. I say that if a straight man is attracted to a ftm transsexual that is a gay relationship. It can't be bi unless one of them were attracted to both male and female.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:22 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Nonsense AGAIN. A male to "female" transsexual is simply a man that surgically altered his body to appear like that of a woman; TO ME!!! He is NOT and can never be a woman. Just like a woman can NEVER be a man. My response to your initial post was with regard to the original question posed by the OP.

Uh, I don't think you really grasp the difference between genetic make up, biological sex, and gender. Heck, it doesn't seem like you get the basic difference between sex and gender.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Your opinion on my views on this particular topic is as useful as a soiled diaper. I so dont care. You can believe what you want, but TO ME (speaking for myself and not trying to project this on you) you are not a woman. Im sorry you dont like my answer but that the way i see it.

Genitals are part of the make up of the gender even though they can be altered. To each his or her own.

Have a nice day guys.
You can say, "To ME" all you want but surgeons, Dr's and Phd's will tell you you are wrong. Genitals have nothing to do with gender. Nothing at all. Those are two completely different things. It's a shame you can't learn something. You shouldn't be saying things as if you know what's right and what's wrong when you absolutely know nothing about this subject. If you want to learn, ask. If you want to spread ignorance there are other places for that.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Uh, I don't think you really grasp the difference between biological make up, biological sex, and gender. Heck, it doesn't seem like you get the basic difference between sex and gender.
Thank-you!!

Old 03-13-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:

Have a nice day guys.
These are not our "opinions" These are medical facts whether you wish to agree with them or not. Just because you say so doesn't mean it is so.

Old 03-13-2014, 05:51 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,793,423 times
Quote:
1. I disagree that most people would say the mind with a pre-op transsexual.

2. I say that because picture a straight man for the first time exploring under the sheets and finds a penis most straight men would run. But maybe you were talking about post-op transsexuals.
1. I am not taking about how most people view others. Rather, I am talking about how people view themselves. A transsexual will still view himself/herself as his or her brain gender regardless of what the rest of his or her body looks like.

2. Agreed about the other people part, but again, I wasn't talking about that.

And as a side note, I myself honestly don't particularly mind it if a woman has a dick.

Old 03-13-2014, 05:56 PM

Quote:
I think you are trying to complicate the issue. You are looking for something that isn't there. I say that if a straight man is attracted to a ftm transsexual that is a gay relationship. It can't be bi unless one of them were attracted to both male and female.
Please let me clarify:

Let's make this simple--If a cis-male pleasures himself to photos of another cis-male who is cross-dressing in these photos, then this act (pleasuring oneself to these photos) would be considered a gay act IMHO. However, IMHO, if this cis-male (the one who was pleasuring himself) was only aroused to these photos due to the fact that this other cis-male was cross-dressing (and thus looking like a woman), and if this cis-male is not attracted to males who look like males, then I would honestly not consider this cis-male to be bisexual--rather, I would consider this cis-male (the who who was pleasuring himself) to be straight, since he is only attracted to females or to individuals who look like females.

Do you see where I am going with this right now?

Old 03-13-2014, 07:57 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
And as a side note, I myself honestly don't particularly mind it if a woman has a dick.
lol wtf?

Old 03-13-2014, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
lol wtf?
Yes, you read that correctly. I don't particularly mind women with dicks. I prefer women with vaginas, but if a woman has a dick, then this in itself is not the end of the world for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships