Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 12:17 PM

951 posts, read 1,810,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Standard women have no league of their own, unless they're high profile hookers or bonafide gold diggers.
I am a firm believer that every man has a shot when it comes to women who seem unattainable. It is up to the man to start off the process of attainability.
That might be the case where men with good jobs are few and far between but nowhere else.

Of course, this is where women complain the most. Most of the hard luck stories posted here by women are from these places. Good looking guys without a job are a major "problem" for women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 12:24 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
you said you make over $100k/yr?

dood i have $1k in my bank account right now
I live in a a very expensive area that happens to be the nation's capital. What I do is not considered "successful" in my field.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
One of the reasons that people are unhappy in relationships or can't even get into one is the fact that they are seeking out someone who isn't going to have the slightest interest in them. I've known quite a few guys who were just average looking at best who were only interested in women who looked like models. The result is that they're constantly being rejected.
What's even worse is having someone after you who you have no interest in. Its difficult to let them down without getting the entire female community against you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I also notice on profiles on singles sites that the descriptions that women use to describe the kind of man they're looking for are so similar it almost sounds like they're all looking for the same guy. They're also trying to fine someone who's in a league that may be higher than their own and will probably remain single because they're not being realistic about who would be attracted to them.
The difference is that women have the "tools" to at least appear to be in this game. Most men have little control or ability to influence success, despite the fact that women regularly complain of not being approached. They aren't interested in being approached by "most" men.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:28 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,381,251 times
betamanlet,

Has anything happened in your life that has made you less confident? You don't have to say here, but why do you think you're of lesser worth/standing? Who even defines worth or value? And who is to say that you are of lesser value than anybody else?

I have a tip for you. When you're next at work, or in any public place, smile and say hello to people. Self-talk to yourself.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
Dude, are you really an attorney? Grow a backbone, already!!!
The world is your oyster.
You've been watching too many TV shows on lawyers.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:29 PM

1,639 posts, read 5,098,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
That might be the case where men with good jobs are few and far between but nowhere else.

Of course, this is where women complain the most. Most of the hard luck stories posted here by women are from these places. Good looking guys without a job are a major "problem" for women.
See the thing is you are making it your concern. This is a clear case of why so called "bad boys" are percieved as bieng more successful wiyh women, because we don't care about all that BS. If you are married, what did you do, settle for whoever was "in your league"? Fell sorry for ya man.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,168,843 times
$100k is a decent chunk of change regardless of what area you live in

point is tho if my broke average looking ass can get girls you can too

Old 05-10-2010, 12:31 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
how do you determine this?
First thing you need to do is understand there is no such thing as "leagues". In other words there is no spoon.

Second, the quality level of women you're capable of getting is determined by nothing more than your level of Game, or ability to communicate with women. The good news is that this is a learnable skill.

Third, it's just a numbers game.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:34 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
betamanlet,

Has anything happened in your life that has made you less confident? You don't have to say here, but why do you think you're of lesser worth/standing? Who even defines worth or value? And who is to say that you are of lesser value than anybody else?

I have a tip for you. When you're next at work, or in any public place, smile and say hello to people. Self-talk to yourself.
I don't really think of it as a lesser value think, it' sjust that I have no game. So It hink that women would give me much less of a chance than a guy who has game.

When I mean no game, I really mean, no game..

So it's not that I'm a persona of less value, I just have, little to no game.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genx View Post
First off, take stock of your good qualities and if you are a truly nice, good, kind, considerate, fabulous guy then you should think to yourself any woman would be happy to be with you because you treat people with respect.
That in a nutshell, describes the single, never married men I know.

Only a$$holes are successful at butting to the front of the line around here.

Of course, women reconsider once they have been divorced and are in their forties. Doesn't do much for the guy who wants a family so he can pass along these traits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships