Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 02:27 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,978,134 times

Advertisements

Being 90 and never having had kids doesn't even make her less of a woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 02:27 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,668,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
Not al all. If anything, that makes her more of a catch because she's smart enough not to have kids with someone she might not stay with long term.

Exactly!

Old 05-11-2010, 02:30 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,323,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
Not al all. If anything, that makes her more of a catch because she's smart enough not to have kids with someone she might not stay with long term.
Or it could mean that before she was not ready and she is now. She should want to have kids because she wants to, not because its "the thing to do".

Old 05-11-2010, 02:41 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,962,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesprecious09 View Post
is she less of a woman at age 30, if she doesn't have any children?

No she would only be less of a woman if she were a 30 year old single mother or chronic abortion haver..other than that I think it is quite noble of women who wait to have children if they want them.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:46 PM

2,101 posts, read 4,520,926 times
Quote:
What kind of question is that?! If she's age 30 and doesn't have kids, I have one word to describe her - smart.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:58 PM

17,158 posts, read 56,905,862 times
Quote:
Because people around me with children are always trying to pity me or make me feel some kind of way about being 30 w/o any children.
You just need some better friends to hang out with. Are you living in the Bible Belt? If so my sympathies...

If you have the constitution for it, give them a blast when they give you the "pity" routine - Give them a catty remark about stretch marks, $****y diapers, weight gain, trading in their sports car for a MINI VAN FFS, etc. You get the drill.

Me, I would always change the subject to something like "so, remind me what degree you got back in the day? What, you didn't finish college?! " (mock astonishment). Then start in with details about my nuclear engineering work, making sure to go somewhere they can't follow, if you get my drift.

Of course they won't want to hang out with you after a few cycles of this, but, that's rather the point...

Old 05-11-2010, 04:03 PM

2,101 posts, read 4,520,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
You just need some better friends to hang out with. Are you living in the Bible Belt? If so my sympathies...

If you have the constitution for it, give them a blast when they give you the "pity" routine - Give them a catty remark about stretch marks, $****y diapers, weight gain, trading in their sports car for a MINI VAN FFS, etc. You get the drill.

Me, I would always change the subject to something like "so, remind me what degree you got back in the day? What, you didn't finish college?! " (mock astonishment). Then start in with details about my nuclear engineering work, making sure to go somewhere they can't follow, if you get my drift.

Of course they won't want to hang out with you after a few cycles of this, but, that's rather the point...
I agree, and I'd like to add that ANYONE can have kids, therefore having children doesn't make one special.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:17 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,598,564 times
So what are you doing Saturday?

Old 05-11-2010, 04:30 PM

15,853 posts, read 35,071,597 times
Quote:
Good one. I just spit coffee all over my monitor. What? Surely you're not serious about this question. Please. Just Please.

20yrsinBranson
blissfully childfree and very much the woman

Old 05-11-2010, 05:00 PM

805 posts, read 1,508,106 times
Quote:
Because people around me with children are always trying to pity me or make me feel some kind of way about being 30 w/o any children.

Maybe they envy your freedom and carefree life but won't admit they made a big mistake. Misery loves company!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships