Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 09:06 AM

78 posts, read 191,501 times

Advertisements

Thanks guys and gals! I won't tell ya'll the situation but, wish me luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2007, 09:13 AM

1,712 posts, read 4,231,717 times
I like it when a girl cooks me pasta and lights up a few candles... it's quite romantic and endearing. It shows the effort she put into it.

And I also liked it when a girl took me out to a picnic away from the city and pulled out a bottle of quality wine, and we ate the sandwiches she made for both of us.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:13 AM

549 posts, read 2,383,881 times
Good luck Edie!

Old 06-14-2007, 11:44 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,904,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelAura28 View Post
* Making a CD of his favorite songs and songs that remind you of him . . .
^That would do it for me; something that I could listen to and learn to know how you really feel about me deep down inside. The other stuff is great, but I'm thinking strictly in terms of a gesture from someone that is trying to tell me how they feel, but can't (or don't wish to at the time) put it into words. And it wouldn't have to be my favorite songs, just songs that remind her of me. And I hope it's not "TV Dinners" by ZZ TOP.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:31 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,253,354 times
You mean I've been spending $$ on my guy for nothing??? LOL

Actually, I give lots of back rubs and foot rubs and head scratches and I'd better stop right there! :-0

Old 06-14-2007, 12:33 PM

1,712 posts, read 4,231,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
You mean I've been spending $$ on my guy for nothing??? LOL

Actually, I give lots of back rubs and foot rubs and head scratches and I'd better stop right there! :-0
Hey, I like those too

Old 06-14-2007, 12:46 PM

1,569 posts, read 3,400,847 times
I planned a day on a lake for a man I was dating--canoeing and a picnic. Made a special effort to make all homemade food - fried chicken, potato salad, strawberries & chocolate and cookies (along with the wine.) Had the red checkered tablecloth, real dishes, wicker picnic basket. He said he NEVER had a woman make him a picnic before and he loved it. It surprised me--he had been married 20+ years before getting divorced.

It is fun planning special things when they like it and appreciate it (my ex didn't--would always find something to criticize. Hindsight being miserable might have been more comfortable for him since he always was.)

And that was a great suggestion to not do it just for romance. One Thanksgiving a friend and I decided we would do away with tradition and planned a day exploring New Mexico. I would do the food (she couldn't cook) and she would plan where we would visit (she lived there all her life.) She showed up with an Alice in Wonderland day planned. I think everyone, including friends, enjoys someone who pays attention to the things they like. I had told her that I felt like Alice when she fell down the rabbit hole when I moved to NM. She had marked portions in the book and got a geology of NM book. I read the portions that she had marked in each book as we drove to different sites. Very creative and educational. Just my kind of thing. We visited the Very Large Array and pretended they were the giant mushrooms. Then stopped at Bosque del Apache to have tea with the birds. Slightly silly (and who doesn't need to laugh!) and hugely fun.

Create happy memories for those you care about!

Old 06-14-2007, 01:44 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,253,354 times
THat's so cool!

One time, in the middle of winter, when we were quite cabin-feverish, I did a picnic in our living room! I turned up the heat, put on shorts, put a tablecloth on the floor, and made picnic foods. It was fun. We ended up doing something on the tablecloth that one normally wouldn't do outside! heh, heh....

Old 06-14-2007, 04:06 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,366,742 times
I'm not a fan of buying flowers for anybody or getting flowers bought for me... anyone can plunk down their $20 at a florist or grocery store... cut flowers from the garden is very nice, or better yet, wildflowers from the yard, fields, or even along the road mean a lot more. I'll take the wildflowers anyday, giving or receiving

Old 06-14-2007, 04:56 PM

78 posts, read 191,501 times
Great advice you guys!!!! I didn't know men were such romantics!!!!! Okay, here's the catch to this though:

I'm trying to win a guy over who isn't quite over his last gf but does like me. He's REALLY sweet and I know he would appreciate a romantic gesture. At the same time it sucks because I should know better than pursue someone who's still in love with someone else. He's coming down this weekend to visit me (he lives 2 hours away) and I want to make sure and score some ultimate cool points so he can see that I AM the right choice for him :P Pretty nutty eh? Comments welcome!!!!

Peace and glove :P

Edie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships