Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 08:04 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,165,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eresh View Post
It does is the person was promiscuous while in a relationship with someone. Otherwise, not necessarily.
I agree. When I was younger, I was very promiscuous....but never while in a serious relationship or marriage. However, it is possible that if a person is prone to being promiscuous, that they are less likely to totally give themselves to the whole commitment concept which is why they are in and out of so many relationships.

Now that I'm older, I can look back and see where the only person I was ever committed to was myself. When it was no longer good for ME...then I left the relationship without regard to the promises I had made early on. Too bad I didn't have that revelation when I was 20 or 30 or 40.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 08:10 AM

2,412 posts, read 7,175,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Does being promiscuous automatically labels you as a potential cheater?
What's promiscuous? Having lots of sex with different people? Or "pump and dump"? They're NOT the same thing. One can have lots of sex and not treat people poorly (i.e. "pump and dump").

Old 05-12-2010, 08:12 AM

3,486 posts, read 5,682,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
What's promiscuous? Having lots of sex with different people? Or "pump and dump"? They're NOT the same thing. One can have lots of sex and not treat people poorly (i.e. "pump and dump").
^^That. Yes, I would date someone who had sex with lots of different people. As long as he is disease-free, treats people well, and is willing to be exclusive, his vast sexual experience can only be seen as an advantage.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:19 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,621,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
So what if your only "proof" that she is promiscuous comes from some guy she turned down for a date and he is just spreading rumors because he's mad at her for turning him down? Guys do this all the time. You wouldnt even give her the benefit of the doubt and find out for yourself?
Of course not. I would have to have a little more proof. But if I knew they were promiscuous yes it would be a serious turn off for me. I value sexual exclusivity and see promiscuity as a sign of being unable to commit and as I said emotional detachment.

Sex to me has always come with strings attached.

I could not care less what people do in the bedroom and whom with but I don't see why I should drop my moral values for my own sexual partner.

I am not a prude, my husband was not a virgin when I met him and I did not expect him to be. I would however have certainly not been impressed had I found out he had hopped from bed to bed for one night stands.

I love sex but I prefer it with feelings and emotions. I would expect my sexual partner to have the same values.

I need to respect the man I sleep with. It seems to be my prerogative especially if I am to sleep with them which to me is the ultimate commitment.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:22 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,450,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
promiscuity is also a turn off for me, but not because i think "cheater", it's cause i think "dirty", "overused"
Not only that, but to me a lot of promiscuous men seem to have a lack of control over their "desires". Many of these men will cite biology as an excuse to behave like a common alley cat.

I would like my partner to be a little more discriminating.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:25 AM

2,101 posts, read 4,526,286 times
Quote:
Please define what you mean by "promiscuous."

Old 05-12-2010, 09:30 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,181,294 times
Quote:
Promiscuous women are more passionate. But, anyone who suffers from low self-esteem should avoid promiscuous people.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:49 AM

1,327 posts, read 3,677,396 times
Quote:
Only if you are promiscuous while in a relationship.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:15 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,378,669 times
Would I date a promiscuous person if I was single?

Hmmm, probably not. I like my sex without condoms.

J/K. I'm in a mischevious mood today.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:35 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,407,323 times
Just because I'm a horny woman, doesn't mean I'll cheat on you. If you don't do it for me, I'll just leave you and find someone else who will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships