Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 10:32 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,678,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Either way, it's a deal-breaker.
What if he is paypal friendly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 10:35 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,678,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
But when women say confidence they mean a guy who talks a good game and "appears" confident on the otuside its not a literal meaning of the word confident

I know plenty of non confident guys deep down who on the outside appear confident and charming to women
Are you claiming that it is "easier" to convince women of confidence than it is guys?

Old 05-16-2010, 11:23 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
Are you claiming that it is "easier" to convince women of confidence than it is guys?
No i just dont think the "confidence" is as high up for guys in what they find attractive in a women as much as women use it as a trait they want for Men..

Not that we dont want a women with some confidence and want a women whos a total wreck who has no confidence but most women are insecure about things,you rarely hear guys say confidence is the #1 trait they look for in a women you hear it from women all the time in what they find attratcive in a Man..

As i said though its kinda of a vague womenspeak term usually used for the good looking and charmers

Old 05-16-2010, 11:28 AM

22,182 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Are we talking about showing off material goods?
yes, that can be a form of showing off
the more someone tries to use "stuff" to impress others (including material goods, money, name-dropping, bragging of any kind), the less they have inside in terms of character and integrity

Old 05-16-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Most women accept a talkative man as being confident .
nope, not me
if someone talks excessively, or is a fast talker, it is more likely they are trying to pull a fast one, or pull something over on someone, talk me into something, rather than let me make my own choices

if someone talks a lot it is exhausting, draining.

and actually, if someone is really confident, they don't need to talk much at all, their actions, attitudes, and way they walk and move in the world speaks for them, they don't need to try to convince you of anything.

if someone is confident of their ability to do life, there is no need to try to impress anyone else, so they don't need to talk much at all or sell me anything including themselves

Old 05-16-2010, 11:37 AM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,964 times
"His" and "Next" bathroom towels.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:21 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,808,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
yes, that can be a form of showing off
the more someone tries to use "stuff" to impress others (including material goods, money, name-dropping, bragging of any kind), the less they have inside in terms of character and integrity
For a lot Social Status is important.

Old 05-16-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
For a lot Social Status is important.
shallow is as shallow does
if someone is confident, they don't need to use props to try and impress others
if someone is confident, they have no need to try and impress others, it simply does not matter to them

Old 05-16-2010, 07:26 PM

174 posts, read 326,704 times
Quote:
I have heard this over the years that women like confident guys and everything seems to have a different examples of this. What is yours?

Someone unafraid of showing who he really is and laughing at his own faults. Someone who knows that whatever happens in life, he has the ability to work his way through it......someone with faith in himself and better if he has faith in a higher being......in my humble opinion.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:38 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,726 times
Confidence is a little bit of an idea of whats up with someones life...too much is bad too little is bad...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships