Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 07:52 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times

Advertisements

And op dis this old man...he is just stringing you like a guitar.....and you will be playing "I'm so lonely, oh so lonely, ain't got nobody of my own...oh soooo lonely...."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 07:53 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Nah he's nuts...I played video games with him. He thinks zombies are sexy.
teh last time this yhear I played video games was on xmas. wait does on my phone count?

i need to charge my laptop or i won't be able to watch lost.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:57 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
teh last time this yhear I played video games was on xmas. wait does on my phone count?

i need to charge my laptop or i won't be able to watch lost.
Awww jsizzle that was fun, and hey did ya get prince of persia game yet? I checked it out seems cool. >>>>I can be such a nerd too....lol
I really didn't stay into lost, I did like heros and supernatural. And love that show Win it in a minute!

Old 05-14-2010, 08:38 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
How about the fact that I actually have a good job & support myself to make an honest living instead of being a golddigger like most women and mooching off of a man?
Most women aren't like that, some are. I don't think it's a very good idea to disparage your competition. What about your job do you like? What do you do? What are your challenges and rewards? Is this a career, and if so what more are you going to do to advance?

How about the fact that @ 26 years old I bought my own home?
I would think most "good" guys would also have a place of residence. I don't know how this is relevant, unless you want an immediate roomate?

How about the fact that I put myself through college?
A lot of people did. Where did you go? What did you study? What friends did you make? What mistakes did you learn from? What did you get out of college?
I could go on...
Those examples are all things you've done for yourself, not anything you would bring into a relationship.

What do you bring to a relationship? Why does somebody need to be with you? I think you need to evaluate this.

Since I think you'll talk about looks; let me use an analogy. Looks are basically your Cover Letter, when trying to get a job. A good cover letter will get your resume looked at, but it's not going to ever get you hired.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:18 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,006,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
No, I offered to take her to lunch in another thread.

Do I get to come too?

Old 05-14-2010, 09:36 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
Do I get to come too?
And me

Gang dawgin' around with the Jdawg

Old 05-14-2010, 11:15 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Sooo...how do I approach this situation?

Hi all- I'm a 28 year old, single gal. Recently an older man, 45 years old, has taken interest in me. I do like him and it isn't really the age that is the factor...it's more his living situation and the fact that he has A LOT of baggage.

He is divorced with a 10 year old son. He wasn't married to his ex-wife very long. He got her pregnant and she said if he didn't marry she would have an abortion. Shortly after the kid was born, they filed for divorce. This was about 10 years ago. In between he has had some relationships. His last relationship ended approx. around new years time. She had 2 kids (not with him) and she and the kids were living with him...and still are! Even though he is not with this ex, I, as someone who he is trying to court...can't even fathom this situation. He told me I cannot come over his place b/c his ex is living there and she would be furious. I don't understand why he can't just get the balls and kick her out...or speak up to to her and say no and invite me over.

I don't want to have to inconvenience anything to have a relationship with him...just to keep HER happy. I want to be able to have a boyfriend and visit him freely and not have to worry about an ex or her kids or any other drama. Not only that, but I googled him and I found out that they were engaged- NOT just boyf/girlf...but he hasn't admitted it to me.

So I guess I'm a little stuck. He is a very nice guy, so that's the part that is telling me it's worth it...but the baggage is just too much for me to handle. Plus, I feel if he indeed WAS engaged to this woman, then he isn't being honest with me.

Thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks
He's not going to do that because he's still in a relationship with her and looking to make you his side dish. In other words, you've got a liar and a cheat on your hands.

C'mon, JDawg. I know we've disagreed before, but you're smarter than this.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:23 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
JDawg, you should go over to his house, or call if there's a land line, and ask the ex-GF/fiance why she would be furious if you came over since they're not together anymore.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:35 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
Do I get to come too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
And me

Gang dawgin' around with the Jdawg

Sure! The more, the merrier! Where shall we eat?

Old 05-14-2010, 12:29 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,376,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
JDawg, you should go over to his house, or call if there's a land line, and ask the ex-GF/fiance why she would be furious if you came over since they're not together anymore.
He did invite me over on Sunday, so it's a start...I don't know if I would go. Apparantly *she* got a job now, so who even knows if she would be home.? She might not even know anyone came by at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships