Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 09:07 AM

2,757 posts, read 3,999,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Just tell him to look you up when he's single again.

Then start dating others.
Yeah, what steelstress said ...

Concisely stated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2010, 10:15 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,726,438 times
At 28, desirable men with their own houses and apartments are still chasing you. Don't waste your time on unpaid social work. Worse yet, I don't think he's telling you the whole truth about his ex situation. If he's trying to date you and you can't come over to his place because of another woman, that is not a good sign. If the woman living there was only on roomate status, he would have no problem bringing you over. He's undateable until he gets these entanglements under control and he gets his own place. So he's a very nice person. Great. Put him in the Friend Bin.

Old 05-15-2010, 10:18 AM

557 posts, read 1,352,915 times
agree with the above. You're 28!! He's 45!! Find someone you have things in common with, INCLUDING place in life! You can't have that much in common, and if you really think you do, the stars in your eyes are likely clouding your view of what you two have.

Old 05-15-2010, 10:49 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
http://theskinnywebsite.com/site/2009/05/kim-kardashian-i-have-cellulite-so-what/ (broken link)

And by the way just so we can nip this in the bud once and for all...

not that Kim Kardashian is the end all be all of sizing, but she is a size 4...and she has 40 inch hips. My hips are 37...this is how I am a 0-2. I also have a smaller waist than her.

Just b/c you don't think things can be possible, doesn't mean they aren't. Everyone is built differently.
Now that I've had a chance to browse around this website, all I can say is WOW I can't believe a grown woman would actually be interested in this. Lying about clothing sizes, speculating that a given celebrity gained five pounds, close-ups of body flaws...

Now I understand why the default view so many people have of me is "shallow" and "vain" because I have remained fit through the years.

I feel very bad for you, Jdawg, that you would spend your free time on a site like this. Trust me, it is screwing with your head. Do yourself a favor and find more positive websites to follow, perhaps something that is more geared towards your mind and not your body.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:02 AM

6 posts, read 8,620 times
I say he's a player and you can always do
better think about wht he says or his excuses
and if somethings up u just let go

Old 02-08-2013, 11:59 AM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Sooo...how do I approach this situation?

Hi all- I'm a 28 year old, single gal. Recently an older man, 45 years old, has taken interest in me. I do like him and it isn't really the age that is the factor...it's more his living situation and the fact that he has A LOT of baggage.

He is divorced with a 10 year old son. He wasn't married to his ex-wife very long. He got her pregnant and she said if he didn't marry she would have an abortion. Shortly after the kid was born, they filed for divorce. This was about 10 years ago. In between he has had some relationships. His last relationship ended approx. around new years time. She had 2 kids (not with him) and she and the kids were living with him...and still are! Even though he is not with this ex, I, as someone who he is trying to court...can't even fathom this situation. He told me I cannot come over his place b/c his ex is living there and she would be furious. I don't understand why he can't just get the balls and kick her out...or speak up to to her and say no and invite me over.

I don't want to have to inconvenience anything to have a relationship with him...just to keep HER happy. I want to be able to have a boyfriend and visit him freely and not have to worry about an ex or her kids or any other drama. Not only that, but I googled him and I found out that they were engaged- NOT just boyf/girlf...but he hasn't admitted it to me.

So I guess I'm a little stuck. He is a very nice guy, so that's the part that is telling me it's worth it...but the baggage is just too much for me to handle. Plus, I feel if he indeed WAS engaged to this woman, then he isn't being honest with me.

Thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks
dude, are you even sure this "NICE GUY" got a divorce?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships