Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 01:04 AM

494 posts, read 890,474 times

Advertisements

Maybe they die earlier, but they also die happier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 03:51 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
ROSTOCK, Germany, May 13 (UPI) -- Older women with younger husbands have a shorter life expectancy while older men who marry younger women tend to live longer, a German researcher said.

Having a partner seven years younger increases a woman's chances of dying earlier by 20 percent, said Sven Drefahl, a sociologist at the Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research in Rostock, Germany.

Women who marry younger men die earlier - UPI.com
Married women die younger than single women and married men live longer than single men to begin with so how can you compare older women married to younger men and older men married to younger women? You'd have to compare older women married to younger men to younger women married to older men. Marriage alone cuts our life expectancy while it raises his.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:46 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Good thing Im not Dutch and marriage isnt the only thing that effects our life expectancy.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:14 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,192,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
Cougars beware — having a boy toy husband increases a woman’s chances of an early death, according to a German study reported Thursday by the Daily Mail.
And the younger her spouse is, the harder it is on a woman's health, researchers found.
However, the trend is reversed when an older man opts for a younger woman. The more youthful his wife, the longer the husband is expected to live.

Cougars Die Young, Sugar Daddies Live Longer - Longevity | Prevention | Aging - FOXNews.com

Now you can tell your wife you want to divorce her for a younger woman so you'll live longer. Pretty hard to argue against that.

They key word in this post is boy toy "HUSBAND"....boy toys should remain exactly that; toys. You don't marry them.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:54 AM

791 posts, read 1,426,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occam's Bikini Wax View Post
Maybe they die earlier, but they also die happier.
true...usually with a smile on their face

Old 05-14-2010, 08:20 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i respectfully disagree with above post, its like when i started taking my old pinto on the freeway in southern cal. burned out fast. if i had stayed in SF and kept driving it on weekends 25 mph it would have lasted another 30 years.

I'd venture to say this is closer to the truth than any of the other posts.

Stop and think about what one actually pictures when one envisions "cougars", versus what one pictures at the phrase "sugar daddies".

Really -- stop and think about what your initial mental picture is before you read any further in this post.

With the cougar you pictured an older gal out there partying and trying to keep up with the much younger crowd, didn't you?

And with the sugar daddy you pictured an older guy, probably still playing some games but generally settled with a pretty young thing on his arm, kind of him providing for her and her ... *ahem*... gratuities, and her partying being essentially done on the side.

Cougar = party-hearty

Sugar Daddy = provider for a return on his investment

The candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:11 PM

272 posts, read 640,171 times
Damn I guess the gold diggers are screwed in hopes of having the old man kill over and leave them all of their $$ LOL

Old 05-14-2010, 01:28 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post

With the cougar you pictured an older gal out there partying and trying to keep up with the much younger crowd, didn't you?

Cougar = party-hearty

Sugar Daddy = provider for a return on his investment

The candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
I don't know any women sleeping with a younger man who goes out partying with them nor any younger crowds at all. Dinner, sex, sleeping, and that's it. And dinner is often skipped.

I think this is a cliche you are talking about, a 40 year old woman flitting about a night club filled with 25 year old people.

Of course that's the problem with the term "cougar." It's meant to sound bad and seem pathetic.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:03 PM

1,047 posts, read 3,989,705 times
That's strange.My husband is 12 years younger than I am [we began dating when he was 21 and I was 33] Been together 20 years now. According to the LIFE EXPECTANCY CALCULATOR on the health and wellness forum,I should live til 102! Something doesn't add up!

Old 05-14-2010, 06:07 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
And Larry's going to live forever.
Larry King is the living dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships