Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 07:44 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,071,618 times

Advertisements

In many cultures, there is self loathing of dark skin.

In Indians, there is a preference for 'light skinned' over dark skinned girls.
(Antlers pointed this out).

Other Asian cultures might have this as well, I am not knowledgeable about them to comment.

In the Black community, there is a history of 'light skinned' being prettier than 'dark skinned.' I suppose (again, I am not a race scholar) because the light skinned person could pass as White and not be harassed by people wondering what the hell a Black person was doing in their town/store/church/side of town...

Dark skinned people in the WHITE part of the world are not seen as smart or attractive. There is racism against them.

It's culturally ingrained. (and I am not being an apologist, just a realist.)

In terms of biology, this woman probably wants to wind up with a white man to insure her children are white and not dark and therefore do not have the bias against them people have towards darker people.

Even among White people you have this 'oh, your kid is so dark thing' (if they happen to be Greek or Italian or Southern European background.). It's usually not said very nicely, either.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:30 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times
Let me see if I have this right. You only want to be with an Asian woman, and that's ok, because that's what is attractive to you. But if an Asian woman only wants to be with a white guy, that's not ok, because its unfair that she is selecting on race.

What comes around goes around! Maybe you got dumped due to a cosmic payback. At any rate, now you know how it feels to be a cute Hispanic girl who can't get your attention because she's the wrong race.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:37 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,328 times
I think his problem is that he refuses to understand that people like different things in life.

Most persons have a type, this is normal. I bet he does even.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships