Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 07:34 AM

4,489 posts, read 10,945,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwow View Post
Our relationship is very good outside of the sex part. However, we have been unable to have a baby after 2 years of trying.

Maybe this is why I find myself extremly attacted to girls a few years younger than me.
Well that explains a lot...trying for a baby is a psychological/emotional/physical roller coaster. Have you been to a doctor and/or a therapist for this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 07:47 AM

10 posts, read 34,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
Well that explains a lot...trying for a baby is a psychological/emotional/physical roller coaster. Have you been to a doctor and/or a therapist for this?

yes, fertility doctor. My sperm count is in the top 1%. I've gotten 3 tests and the dr. says my results are the some of the best they've ever seen.

no therapist yet

Old 05-18-2010, 07:49 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,382,313 times
Quote:
Our relationship is very good outside of the sex part. However, we have been unable to have a baby after 2 years of trying.

Maybe this is why I find myself extremly attacted to girls a few years younger than me.

Hmmm, that's possible.

Waiting for Gwyn to chime in with his opinion.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:52 AM

629 posts, read 1,233,830 times
Quote:

Well that bit of information would've been useful earlier. It negate a lot of the advice you've been getting. I'm sure if you're not the problem then she believes she is which can't be good for her self esteem let alone her sex drive. A woman without confidence is a dead fish in bed.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
What is "sexually compatible"? They both want it the same number of times a week, in the same position, in the same room? If that's the case, my husband and I are absolutely not compatible--and I'd hazard a guess that not many people are.
There are too many factors to consider when it comes to this topic. Sometimes, 2 people who want it the same amount of time in the same room in the same position still don't enjoy having sex with each other. The just don't blend. But yeah, it also has to do with the drive.

Quote:
I could go months without sex and not even realize I was missing it--it's just not on my radar. My husband wants it multiple times a week. I love my husband--so guess what? We have sex frequently, because that's how I can show him I love him.
Well, good for your husband, but it doesn't work like that in many marriages.

Quote:
I show him love in the ways that he wants and understands it best, and he shows me love in the ways I want and understand it best (we devote a block of time every day to uninterrupted conversation without other distractions). My husband is not a talker, and it's a huge struggle for him to share emotions and feelings, but he knows it's important to me so he does it! We're both working to become a better spouse for the other, because that's what love is.
Well, that's all very good for you and your husband, but how is this helpful for the OP? He is already starting to get attracted to other girls. Now we are finding out that his wife's inability to give him a child is also affecting their marriage.

Quote:
Too many people enter marriage with a "what's in it for me?" mentality. Marriage is about both people giving 100%--it's not 50/50. When they calculate their spreadsheet and realize they aren't getting enough, they want out. That's pretty darn crummy, in my opinion. Marriage isn't for YOU. It's for the two of you, together. It's a lifetime commitment that shouldn't be ended because someone's sex drive fades, or someone gets wrinkles and gray hair.
I agree with all of the above, but I think this lecture on marriage is not applicable here. Seems like OP and his wife get along great aside from sex. This has nothing to do with "what's in it for me"?

Old 05-18-2010, 08:01 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
However, we have been unable to have a baby after 2 years of trying.
This in itself can be lethal to a woman's sex drive and her view of herself as a woman. With this new information, it definitely sounds like counseling is in order.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:05 AM

4,489 posts, read 10,945,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I agree with all of the above, but I think this lecture on marriage is not applicable here. Seems like OP and his wife get along great aside from sex. This has nothing to do with "what's in it for me"?
It has everything to do with "what's in it for me"! The sex isn't good enough for him, so he wants to find someone else who can give it to him. That sounds pretty self-centered to me. No where does the OP ask for ways to help his wife enjoy sex more, become more confident, how to make her feel better, how to improve his marriage. The title of the thread is basically "I'm not happy, I want out." Me, me, me.

Now we learn that they're attempting to have a child, and dealing with the roller coaster of infertility. And still, it's all about him and his sexual pleasure.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:07 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,636 times
Quote:

I agree with the others - this information could have been a lot more helpful in your OP.

I personally know of one couple who's focus on trying to conceive almost brought their marriage to an end. Sex does become a chore, when it's purpose is no longer about enjoyment and is reduced to mechanics: when, how often, it stops being fun.

In this case, counseling and talking to your wife is definitely in order. Maybe you guys need to take a breather from trying so hard and learn to reconnect and just enjoy being with each other.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
It has everything to do with "what's in it for me"! The sex isn't good enough for him, so he wants to find someone else who can give it to him. That sounds pretty self-centered to me. No where does the OP ask for ways to help his wife enjoy sex more, become more confident, how to make her feel better, how to improve his marriage. The title of the thread is basically "I'm not happy, I want out." Me, me, me.

Now we learn that they're attempting to have a child, and dealing with the roller coaster of infertility. And still, it's all about him and his sexual pleasure.
I guess in the way you are right. As I mentioned earlier (last night), that I thought OP hasn't put any effort in improving his sexual life with his wife. At least nothing in his post indicated that.
I think he is blaming his wife for not being able to conceive and he gets turned off even more as he already wasn't too attracted to her to begin with.

That's why so many suggested divorce. For the fact that he just simply doesn't seem to be into her and sooner or later I forsee infidelities happening.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:36 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
Do your wife a favor and get divorced.

I expect you'll regret it down the road, but oh well. Live and learn, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships