Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 01:43 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times

Advertisements

Continuing something I brought up in an otherwise unrelated thread.....

If/when the divorce comes, I am going to be quite willing to do a lot of dating and whoring around (just kidding, but not totally). But I don't know much about dating, since I never really did it.

Any advice for me? Both men and women are welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 01:47 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,686,144 times
Yeah, don't talk about your divorce.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Yeah, don't talk about your divorce.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:03 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,786,996 times
One thing I can recommend, avoid talking about your ex-wife, whether it's good or bad. Unless they ask specific questions, don't volunteer anything about her. You don't want to come off as either bitter and angry or as missing her or comparing your date to her.

Aside from that, go out and be yourself as though you were just making a new friend. Find someone with similar interests to yours, and just take it one day at a time. Don't rush anything.

Be positive and look happy to be there.

If you ask her out, you pay for the date, whether it's dinner, movies, bowling, coffee and/or taxi's involved--if you asked her out, pick up the tab. Just my humble opinion, I'm sure others may disagree.

As for the whoring around stuff--don't take them back to your place early on. After sex you may decide this isn't the person you want to have a long term relationship with--yes it happens even though people will tell you that you should know that before you have sex with them--whatever, or even spend the night with. It's easier for you to get up, get dressed, and go home, than it is to hint around that you prefer she doesn't spend the night and then not know when the hell she's going to leave.

When you do feel more comfortable with her and decide to invite her over to your place, try cooking for her (if you're a competant cook), while sharing a few glasses of wine and enjoying a movie.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:26 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,328,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post

If/when the divorce comes, I am going to be quite willing to do a lot of dating and whoring around (just kidding, but not totally). But I don't know much about dating, since I never really did it.

I agree with the others about staying away from talking bad about your ex-wife. As I'm sure you've seen on here.....bitterness gets you nowhere and it's a big red flag with women.

Stay positive, outgoing and confident because you will have a new life ahead of you. I hope you make the best of it and find what you are looking for.

Happy wh*ring.....um, I mean hunting, my friend!

Old 05-18-2010, 02:50 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,340,815 times
Let's hang out! Your treat!!

Old 05-18-2010, 05:48 PM

483 posts, read 555,884 times
Quote:

I would advise sticking to women only.. But that's just me..

Old 05-18-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galagaone View Post
I would advise sticking to women only.. But that's just me..
ha ha

Old 05-18-2010, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Let's hang out! Your treat!!
A cat and a Pokemon.......two wild and crazy guys............

Old 05-18-2010, 10:59 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,252,780 times
Quote:

Assuming you have something in common with your date I would start off the first one or two with an informal one. This is a mistake I have made in the past and will almost always do this from now on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships