Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 01:11 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,222,723 times

Advertisements

I think height plays a huge factor. Women in the US would rather be with an unattractive tall guy than an attractive short guy. For example, I have a 2nd cousin Travis who's 6'6", not really attractive, missing 2 front teeth, and he has to beat the women off with a stick, and most of them are hot women too. I have a friend Adrian who's 5'7", looks just like Ben Affleck, and makes over $100K as a nurse anestithest, but he struggles to even find a date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 02:33 AM

25,915 posts, read 24,587,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I just read about Indiana Rep. Mark Souder resigning after it was revealed that he had an affair with Tracy Jackson, one of his staffers. At first, I was shocked that a Republican was sleeping with a woman. But I was really shocked when I saw what they both looked like. Here's a video of the two.

Tracy Jackson-Mark Souder's anti-abortion video

Now before you say this belongs in the Politics forum, let me say that the reason I chose to post this here is because it raises the question of why some attractive women sleep with some really unattractive men. Souder's 59 and Jackson's in her mid 40s and she's already too. When I see her, I see a woman who's pretty attractive. When I see him, I see someone who's...not. So maybe the women here can provide a little insight. Why in God's name would a woman like that sleep with a man like that? I doubt it was for his winning personality since most politicians don't have one. He doesn't exactly come across like a Bill Clinton or John Edwards. If it's the attraction to money or power, well then that speaks pretty badly about this woman. But she's hardly the first. Why do some women do this? I know us guys can be guilty of wearing beer goggles or being distracted by a great body to the point of not caring what her face looks like. But this guy looks like a warthog. You'd think if this woman were going to cheat, she could've done better. Have you ever seen this in real life where you saw a couple and thought, "what is a woman like that doing with a guy like him?"
I have never heard of that guy, I don't know anything about him, but maybe he is just a nice guy

Old 05-24-2010, 12:45 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,714,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Yeah, Hitler invaded Poland for a girl, and I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.
Look. No one is claiming this is a sane thing. In fact, IMO, women are like an opium. It could be against all our best instincts to interact with a given woman. But once we get a whiff, so-to-speak, the opiate sets in and reason?...well it goes bye bye!

Old 05-24-2010, 10:01 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,976,816 times
Politician.

Power. Charisma. Status. Intelligence(enough to get elected anyway).
Convincing conversation.
And other possible assets that are not readily recognized.

If generally physically unattractive men with nothing going for themselves can get attractive women to take care of them, why can't a powerful politician get one to sleep with him?

Old 05-26-2010, 05:57 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,669,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
Look. No one is claiming this is a sane thing. In fact, IMO, women are like an opium. It could be against all our best instincts to interact with a given woman. But once we get a whiff, so-to-speak, the opiate sets in and reason?...well it goes bye bye!
I just think it's too convenient an excuse -- motivating despicable acts by some "touching" longing for a woman's affection, while in fact they are driven by lust for power and domination.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:33 PM

550 posts, read 1,211,947 times
It's because he's so good looking(translated; he got money) and confident(translated: he's got power as a politician). he is also soo charming (translated: he's got status) and also so affectionate (translated: he knows how to say absolutely nothing and make it seem like a ground-breaking discovery)

Old 05-26-2010, 07:49 PM

283 posts, read 457,584 times
Who are we to judge the choices of LOVE.

Looks are only Looks nothing more nothing less. Its like saying don't drink that bottle of wine because I don't like the cover and my opinion is more important that what you think (selfish).

If you like the content of the bottle why complain about the cover. (if the guy is ugly and has a Subway in his pants are you going to complain).

I can understand that sometimes we don't like the choices of our friends about their mate. But if they are happy are we allowed to rip them of happiness because of a hunch.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:56 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,423,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Obviously, there are women out there who are turned on by power to the point where they don't care what the person looks like just as there are men who are turned on by looks no matter how lousy the person's personality is. I'm not sure which is worse.
I think the "amazing" qualities of the man alone can't justify her behavior. She must have had some flaw of sorts, - some kind of unhappiness or insecurity (in her marriage? in herself?). There must have been something else to make her overstep boundaries.

PS: I agree, he is painfully ugly.

Last edited by nuala; 05-26-2010 at 10:09 PM..

Old 06-01-2010, 09:35 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,726,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
I think height plays a huge factor. Women in the US would rather be with an unattractive tall guy than an attractive short guy. For example, I have a 2nd cousin Travis who's 6'6", not really attractive, missing 2 front teeth, and he has to beat the women off with a stick, and most of them are hot women too. I have a friend Adrian who's 5'7", looks just like Ben Affleck, and makes over $100K as a nurse anestithest, but he struggles to even find a date.
So tall and fat also?

Old 06-01-2010, 09:56 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,267,508 times
They are both nastay. If he were better looking he'd be boning a hot 25 year old rather than a dumpy 40 yr old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships