Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 09:30 AM

81 posts, read 238,679 times

Advertisements

I am a young European woman and I have gone out with many girlfriends of different ethnic backgrounds. However whenever I go out with my white girlfriends to a bar or a club, there behavior is like that they usually hook up with the first guy that flirts with them, or ask them to dance. They usually end up leaving with that same guy that night.

I am serious, and this is not to bash my white gf, but compared to my black and latina girlfriends, whenever we go out we have fun. Whenever a man approaches us we play our game, and if we like them then maybe we would give them our number, but we dont just sleep with them right away.

Ever since moving to America from Europe someone told me white woman come are easy, however white woman potentially tend to have the most racial bias. Does this stereotype about white woman holds any credibility. Is this typical for every white girl to just have a one night stand with a guy they like at a bar or a club? My intention is not to offend anyone, and of course not every young white woman does this and I am pretty sure woman from other backgrounds display this behavior. Yet is it just coincidence that so far my Caucasian female friends are just sleeping around with anyone and basically not giving men who are not white any play.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:46 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,967,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prinessdanika99 View Post
I am a young European woman and I have gone out with many girlfriends of different ethnic backgrounds. However whenever I go out with my white girlfriends to a bar or a club, there behavior is like that they usually hook up with the first guy that flirts with them, or ask them to dance. They usually end up leaving with that same guy that night.

I am serious, and this is not to bash my white gf, but compared to my black and latina girlfriends, whenever we go out we have fun. Whenever a man approaches us we play our game, and if we like them then maybe we would give them our number, but we dont just sleep with them right away.

Ever since moving to America from Europe someone told me white woman come are easy, however white woman potentially tend to have the most racial bias. Does this stereotype about white woman holds any credibility. Is this typical for every white girl to just have a one night stand with a guy they like at a bar or a club? My intention is not to offend anyone, and of course not every young white woman does this and I am pretty sure woman from other backgrounds display this behavior. Yet is it just coincidence that so far my Caucasian female friends are just sleeping around with anyone and basically not giving men who are not white any play.
What country in Europe are you from Danika?

Old 06-09-2010, 10:12 AM

577 posts, read 1,759,520 times
Yea I think you need a new group of friends.....

Old 06-09-2010, 10:15 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,858,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prinessdanika99 View Post

Probably true. If a guy is white, a woman can see from some distance whether he has what it takes. With darker skinned men, they need to get much closer and even then, there may be problems in a dark room, discerning whether he has flaws.

As a result of this, most white guys realize that they have no chance in these meat markets and avoid them. Therefore white women know that the guys frequenting these places have been self selected for being right and there is no point in delaying. The early bird gets the worm after all!

Old 06-09-2010, 10:27 AM

32 posts, read 74,149 times
I must be frequenting the wrong clubs!

Send me the address of these clubs so I can GPS them. I may need them in the near future!

Old 06-09-2010, 10:41 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,409,437 times
I don't know. I've been to some bars and clubs and women will be all over you. Too aggressive for me, it reeks of desperation. However, I've noticed it's all races of women that are getting aggressive, not just white women. Younger, it's the under 35 crowd that is real aggressive, and the little bit older than that crowd....oh hell women have changed.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:41 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,490,798 times
As an American male who has often traveled in Europe I have found just the opposite to be true. I have slept with many European women on a first date. Rarely with an American woman on a first date. Its fun to imagine what those words they are whispering into my ear mean!

Old 06-09-2010, 10:43 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,745,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
As an American male who has often traveled in Europe I have found just the opposite to be true. I have slept with many European women on a first date. Rarely with an American woman on a first date. Its fun to imagine what those words they are whispering into my ear mean!

they may be trying to negotiate a better price. "No no, kissing is extra."

Old 06-09-2010, 11:35 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,015,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Why do people call themselves "European"?

For the same reason we call ourselves "American" instead of United-Statsian? After all, "American" covers Canada, the United States, Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Trinidad and Tobago, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Chile, Argentina and the Falklands.

I'm not positive about Haiti, Cuba or the Dominican Republic, but I don't think so.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:37 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
For the same reason we call ourselves "American" instead of United-Statsian? After all, "American" covers Canada, the United States, Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Trinidad and Tobago, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Chile, Argentina and the Falklands.

I'm not positive about Haiti, Cuba or the Dominican Republic, but I don't think so.
When I refer to myself as an American, does anyone say, "Cool, you mean like Canada?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships