Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2010, 11:19 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,007,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I dont think teenage girls are any "easier" these days. I think there are more men willing to take advantage of thier youth and naivete. Girls of today are no different than girls of yesterday. If they arent getting attention at home or school, they'll get it where they can. High school boys will be high school boys and high school girls will be high school girls. It's when the teen girls turn thier infatuations toward an older man like me, and they do this more than people may realize,that we need men to be decent and caring and point the girls in a different direction.
No, Capt., they really ARE easier. I've taught at both private religiously affiliated and public high schools and the behavior of the girls is astonishing. It's even astonishing to the boys sometimes. The only difference between the girls in the Catholic high school and the public high schools was that the private school girls had abortions and the public school girls had kids.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:23 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,007,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I disagree 1000000%. Girls are the agressive ones these days. I have a son and a daughter and knowing them, and their friends and general attitudes, I say that with confidence. Some of the guys their age are scared of them. I know 2 high school boys that broke up with their gf's because the girls pushed for sex right away and the guys weren't ready to go there yet.
Exactly. Not only that, but the girls throw themselves at any male teacher who is under 45 and not ugly. My male colleagues had to be so very vigilant and it was unsettling for them.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:25 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Girls today recognize that their budding sexuality is source of power and not a precious jewel to be guarded at all costs, as it was back in the day. But with any source of power, they have to know how to use it responsibly.

In teatime's example, girls know that they could ruin a male teacher's career with a single accusation.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:26 AM

1,659 posts, read 2,776,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post

There is no reason why any guy should have to be some chivalrous pinhead and slave away if he wants sex....and with all of this new age talk about how girls are supposedly more mature than boys in the teenage years, then I fail to see how the boys take advantage, can't have it both ways
That's the one part I agree with. Fathers raise their sons to embrace their sexuality and mothers raise their daughters to hate and be repulsed and frightened of their sexuality. Boys get a far better sexual education than girls. If only fathers added in the part about condom use and emotional integrity!

Old 05-20-2010, 11:36 AM

981 posts, read 1,620,668 times
Your generation was no different. If you think it was, then you are woefully naive. Do not forget that the sexual revolution occurred naught more than several decades ago and it was a time of far greater sexual activity among all groups.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:37 AM

1,659 posts, read 2,776,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4doglver View Post
I never said anything about coming from a great home. The words I used were intact families meaning not divorced. Big difference. As far as each individual situation of each individual female, I cannot give the details you asked for because I am talking about the current trend of young females not an individual girl. I relayed one situation a father of three girls told me about that happened the other day. His daughter was dating a friend of my kid, but one day when the friend was outside with other kids and the daughter was alone in the basement with my kid and she took off her top and sat on my kids lap. If you would like to start a thread about slutty boys, be my guest but this one is about trying to understand this type of behaviour. Same type of thing happened the first time he went to another girls house. Within minutes of being alone with him she took off her top and started making out with him. They were caught by the mom bring them milk and cookies. Idiot mother for leaving them alone in her daughter's bedroom. This girl was friends with the girl that later jumped on my son's lap. See what I mean yet?
Is this thread about the girls in your sons life or all teenage girls who are sexually open? It doesn't work to give these half-told, third person, self serving versions of events specific involving people in your life. Either you talk about the specifics with them and confine it to them or you talk about sexually active girls across the board and leave the personal anecdotes out in favor of real stats.
The last bit was hilarious! This just keeps happening to your son. Poor guy. Unless you saw saw your son and the girl, you don't actually know who did what. Perhaps she didn't hop on him. Perhaps he pulled her onto him. Either way he didn't shove her off and run screaming so I suggest you get out of denial too. Consider what several posters have said about the impportance of raising your son not to be a sl** or a player. Between your statement here and her mother bringing milk and cookies while the two of them get cozy, that's some powerful denial!

Last edited by Ticatica; 05-20-2010 at 11:47 AM..

Old 05-20-2010, 11:41 AM

2,101 posts, read 4,526,822 times
The United States has got to be the most extreme Western country when it comes to sex. When I say "extreme," I mean that we're the most uptight Western country when it comes to sex and conversely the most over-sexualized Western country (especially if you watch/listen to mainstream media). I see that our culture is, on the one hand, titillated by female sexuality and on the other hand repulsed and afraid of it. With these kinds of mixed messages, is it any wonder that women grow up feeling confused about their sexuality?

What I'd like to see is a culture with a golden middle: where sexuality isn't put to shame by parents, religious groups, and abstinence-only education, nor are people encouraged by the entertainment world to engage in total debauchery. When I was 13, I got a really good comprehensive sex education from the Unitarian Church. They're one of the only groups out there that seems to understand that our culture needs a golden middle.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:43 AM

857 posts, read 1,422,474 times
Its not society or the media thats the problem, its education. I bet if you were to poll a group of highschoolers more of them would know what doggy style means than know how many senators there are. We allow students to coast thru high school giving them plenty of time to get into trouble and have sex. A real education would hammer home the only lesson anyone really needs to learn, PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

This blame society lack of role models is exactly the same attitude that the kids having sex have. "everyone else is doing it so I migh as well too". They place blame on anyone or anything but themselves. Teach a child that they are unique, and everything that happens in their life is going to be a result of their own personal choices early on in their life. Its empowering and terrifying at the same time, but I guarantee if kids felt more in control of their lives they would not have as much promiscuity. Then again sluts will be sluts.. but at least that would be the ****'s personal choice.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:44 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,266,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4doglver View Post
From a mother's point of view watching the behaviour of the girls in our area, what is the deal with how easy girls make themselves for guys? Where have the morals gone to and the self esteem? I'm talking about good students with intact families that go to church, belong to clubs after school and plan on going to college but when it comes to guys, they give it up so easily before even dating and being in a committed relationship! A father I know found a maids costume, handcuffs and other "toys" in the back of his daughters car the other day. Of course the daughter said it didn't belong to her. Just a teenager! Any insight as to what has happened since the days we were teens in the 70's and 80's???
To see the roots of a teenager's behavior, look at the parents.

And as long as you're looking at the parents, they came of age in the 70s--post-Pill, pre-AIDS. Hmmmm...

However, I will say this: When it comes to "giving it up so easily," today's teen girls and young women are only acting like teen boys and young men have been acting since time began.

So, your point is...?

See, if there's one thing I can't stand, it's when people pin what they perceive to be "loose morals" on girls, with no mention of boys whatsoever. Who do you think these "easy girls" are sleeping with?

Old 05-20-2010, 11:49 AM

857 posts, read 1,422,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passionatearts View Post
The United States has got to be the most extreme Western country when it comes to sex. When I say "extreme," I mean that we're the most uptight Western country when it comes to sex and conversely the most over-sexualized Western country (especially if you watch/listen to mainstream media). I see that our culture is, on the one hand, titillated by female sexuality and on the other hand repulsed and afraid of it.
Its not a coincidence that America is also the most religious of the western countries. The pilgrims emmigrated because they thought England was not conservative enough... ENGLAND.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships