Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 07:58 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,690,230 times

Advertisements

Hell I wish it was that easy.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:57 PM

71 posts, read 104,487 times
I definitely have to agree that overexposure to media (television and internet, & advertisements) have given girls the idea that they will only be noticed if they are sexually attractive in this world.

It will continue to get worse.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:04 PM

328 posts, read 602,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsWeird View Post
I definitely have to agree that overexposure to media (television and internet, & advertisements) have given girls the idea that they will only be noticed if they are sexually attractive in this world.

It will continue to get worse.
And what exactly is bad about that? Why wouldn't everyone want to be physically in shape, and not fat slobs slothing around the frozen food section? America is the most obese country in the world; meanwhile, there's tons of advertising and groups that want people to believe that being fat is normal. There is nothing good about being obese. Now, not everyone is born with a great face, but the human body is something people can control. This is meant for both men and women.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:08 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,690,230 times
There's a difference between being physically fit and dressing like you're about to go look for johns on the track.

Old 06-05-2011, 04:57 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,083,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4doglver View Post
From a mother's point of view watching the behaviour of the girls in our area, what is the deal with how easy girls make themselves for guys? Where have the morals gone to and the self esteem? I'm talking about good students with intact families that go to church, belong to clubs after school and plan on going to college but when it comes to guys, they give it up so easily before even dating and being in a committed relationship! A father I know found a maids costume, handcuffs and other "toys" in the back of his daughters car the other day. Of course the daughter said it didn't belong to her. Just a teenager! Any insight as to what has happened since the days we were teens in the 70's and 80's???
Your idols were Christy Mcnichol and Lauri Partridge. Have you seen their idols?

Old 06-05-2011, 07:28 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,759,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saywha View Post
Disagree.
As do I...

Old 06-06-2011, 04:18 PM

71 posts, read 104,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMJ View Post
And what exactly is bad about that? Why wouldn't everyone want to be physically in shape, and not fat slobs slothing around the frozen food section? America is the most obese country in the world; meanwhile, there's tons of advertising and groups that want people to believe that being fat is normal. There is nothing good about being obese. Now, not everyone is born with a great face, but the human body is something people can control. This is meant for both men and women.

Where do you come in with the issue of obesity? We're talking about younger girls being more promiscuous these days...and I said it is because American media makes it seem like the most important thing in the world to be sexually attractive.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:28 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,141,375 times
I'm not one to judge what other men or women wear, but it's insane to see the amount of teen girls wearing clothing that bares much of their skin. It seems as though some of these girls might even be pre-teens. Furthermore, it seems as though a lot of these kids' parents aren't doing anything to stop them.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:27 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
Why are teenage girls so easy these days?

I think that "Parents" need to keep a closer eye on their daughters...
If I had a daughter, it would be ugly, because she wouldn`t be out of the house half naked...I guarantee it~

Old 06-06-2011, 08:19 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,398,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsWeird View Post
Where do you come in with the issue of obesity? We're talking about younger girls being more promiscuous these days...and I said it is because American media makes it seem like the most important thing in the world to be sexually attractive.
I thought so. I knew you what you were saying but decided to not post my opinion. I definitely agree. There's this youtube video about sexual healing and I think all teenagers need to watch it. It might be Christian but it definitely speaks the truth about sex, sexually attractive, and purity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships