Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 06:24 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,029,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
To make sure you never run out of things to complain about, mango
I'm just pointing out a pattern. I know I'm not the only one who sees it. And this is coming from a young girl who generally finds older men attractive (along with younger ones, of course).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 08:15 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,398,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
I'm just pointing out a pattern. I know I'm not the only one who sees it. And this is coming from a young girl who generally finds older men attractive (along with younger ones, of course).
Don't you think it's reasonable to expect my (anyone's) current posts to reflect what's currently going on in their lives? And I don't recall you having a problem with my posts when I was talking about older women, why's that?

Old 05-22-2010, 01:15 AM

630 posts, read 1,048,852 times
i agree with mango--cu dont u have ANYTHING ELSE TO CONTRIBUTE other than your thoughts and observations of younger women? its getting a bit creepy

Old 05-22-2010, 02:00 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,881,596 times
It takes 2 to Tango,Mango. Django Django ! ah what a song .. and what a movie that is

Old 05-22-2010, 08:41 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
Quote:
Don't you think it's reasonable to expect my (anyone's) current posts to reflect what's currently going on in their lives? And I don't recall you having a problem with my posts when I was talking about older women, why's that?
Older women? You mean the 25 year old?

Hint: If they're younger than you then you really have no place calling them an "older woman". Romeo.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:14 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,728,171 times
Quote:
Do you think there's any truth is this saying? Or was it just a line old guys used to get young wives years ago?
It kind depends on what a woman wants for herself. An "old man" will make a woman his darling, and buy her "stuff" but he may never give her his heart because he has been hurt before and has allowed himself to become jaded. He won't let himself love her, he just wants her to star in the role of Ms. "Look Who I've Got With Me" when he's out in public with her. Older men do have definite charms, but one has to keep her expectations, a bit low to have these matches work out well.

A young man may not have the money to shower a woman with stuff, but if he's a good decent guy, she may have a real shot at love. He may not be as well established as the older man, so she may have to shoulder more financial responsibility than she would otherwise. That does not make her a slave, though. It makes her an adult.

So it really boils down to whether she wants to be dealt with as a young girl or a woman.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post

Hint: If they're younger than you then you really have no place calling them an "older woman". Romeo.
Yeah, I don't recall any older women. Besides, I'm 21 so if you're going to pull the "older women jealous of younger, fresher women" card, you are $hit out of luck.

Look man, I have zero problem with you liking younger women, but it's reaching the point where we're all practically screaming, "We get it! We know!"

Old 05-22-2010, 09:23 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Yeah, I don't recall any older women. Besides, I'm 21 so if you're going to pull the "older women jealous of younger, fresher women" card, you are $hit out of luck.

Look man, I have zero problem with you liking younger women, but it's reaching the point where we're all practically screaming, "We get it! We know!"
Well in one thread he actually called the 25 year old an "older woman". He also referred to younger woman as those in the 16-20 age bracket, so indeed you are past your expiration date according to him Mango. Sorry about your luck.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Well in one thread he actually called the 25 year old an "older woman". He also referred to younger woman as those in the 16-20 age bracket, so indeed you are past your expiration date according to him Mango. Sorry about your luck.
Damn. And I was so hopeful.

Old 05-22-2010, 01:38 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,398,644 times
Quote:

She's 'older' in the sense that she's older than the majority of single women I meet from my circle of friends.

And let me make something perfectly clear...
Until I reached my mid-late 20s I had zero interest in women younger than myself and was barely interested in women my own age. Then I had a few years where I was off the market. When I came back I quickly realized there weren't a whole lot of options as far as women older or even around the same age as me. So I started to look a little younger (no more than 5 years).

But after a bit, and especially after the situation with the 25 year old. It became clear that the women I have available to choose from who are still single passed their mid-20s are single for good reason

I never dreamed I'd entertain the possibility of anything serious with a much younger woman, but that's what it looks like is going to end up happening. It's not what I wanted, but life doesn't always work out the way you planned.

Last edited by cuinlalaland; 05-22-2010 at 02:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships