Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 11:37 AM

19,045 posts, read 25,151,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
I find them to be depressed, emotionally unstable, socially inept, boring, no longer take any pride in their appearance, have no goals or ambition, basically they've just given up.

This post is so ridiculous that it's difficult not to assume you are trolling. If not, it's no wonder the only women you know over 20 are suicidal. Who else but an emotionally disturbed woman would want to spend time with you? Your best bet are teens and that would probably only yield a few weeks/months before they wised up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 02:17 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,395,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
My question is, since you've generalized all women above a certain age as old and thus possessing those characteristics you mentioned, what are you going to do when the 18-year olds turn 25 and, by de facto, gain all those unpleasant traits?
Single women. Not all women.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Wow! It sounds like you've run into some doozies! Not all women are like the ones you've mentioned. Sometimes it takes go out of your normal circle and comfort zone to meet different types of people.
The funny thing is that I meet all sorts of people from different parts of the world, different backgrounds, races, ages...you name it.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:54 PM

202 posts, read 483,397 times
[quote=cuinlalaland;14296715]I find them to be depressed, emotionally unstable, socially inept, boring, no longer take any pride in their appearance, have no goals or ambition, basically they've just given up.

I don't expect a young (18-20) woman to have her life together, but at least she usually still approaches life with some enthusiasm!

Okay....and what about the older men??? You say you find that older women are single for a good reason. Then why are older men (such as yourself) single?? I bet they are single for a "good reason" too, yes?

I would say some of these old single dudes are raging nutjobs too, eh?? Fair to say, don't you think, seeing as you infer that any single women over 26 must have some 'problem'?

Perhaps the vibe you give off only attracts these wretched women with no enthusiam towards life.

For some reason I just pictured you hanging outside of upcoming high school graduations with a sign around your neck saying " Old Dudes Dig Young Chicks" and yelling like you were selling candy "Old dude here, get yer old dude here!".

Actually..wait....I hear the jingling of the ice cream truck coming down my street. Oh snap, Cuinlalaland! NO YOU DIDN'T!!????

Old 05-23-2010, 03:03 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,151,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winecountry1 View Post
Okay....and what about the older men??? You say you find that older women are single for a good reason. Then why are older men (such as yourself) single?? I bet they are single for a "good reason" too, yes?

I would say some of these old single dudes are raging nutjobs too, eh?? Fair to say, don't you think, seeing as you infer that any single women over 26 must have some 'problem'?
Excellent point. I'm sure his reasoning will involve a magical tootsie roll bestowed by Jack's fairly god-mother.

Old 05-23-2010, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winecountry1 View Post
I would say some of these old single dudes are raging nutjobs too, eh??
No doubt. Like today when I was talking to that 18 year old friend of mine and I totally chickened out about asking her out

Old 05-23-2010, 05:54 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,159,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
Do you think there's any truth is this saying? Or was it just a line old guys used to get young wives years ago?
That saying is pretty old school.

"Old man's darling" = trophy wife that gets doted on and pedestalized and doesn't have to deal with raising kids because his are already grown.

"Young man's slave" = old fashioned (think pre-industrialization) house wife doing all the house cleaning and child rearing. House work back then was tough when dish washers, washing machines, etc were prohibitively expensive or simply didn't exist yet.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:05 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,092,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
My question is, since you've generalized all women above a certain age as old and thus possessing those characteristics you mentioned, what are you going to do when the 18-year olds turn 25 and, by de facto, gain all those unpleasant traits?
The only reason 18-25 year olds develop those unpleasant traits is because women continually get scr*wed over by men so after so much pain and heartache you become jaded and find it hard to trust men.

Note: if men do not want women to become nutcases, stop treating them like so much garbage.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:12 PM

20,627 posts, read 19,289,703 times
Quote:
The only reason 18-25 year olds develop those unpleasant traits is because women continually get scr*wed over by men so after so much pain and heartache you become jaded and find it hard to trust men.

Note: if men do not want women to become nutcases, stop treating them like so much garbage.
Hi CESpeed,

A curious philosophy where all female behavior is inevitability dependent on the behavior of men.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:28 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,023,404 times
Quote:

While that is very understandable and I feel for women that have had horrible experiences with men, closing oneself off and becoming a manhater is surely not going to any good either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships