Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 07:01 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,684,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
Nothing wrong with this -- we intellectual nerds need love too, right?
I think intellectual nerds do all right in the love department.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 07:08 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,212,477 times
Absolutely, but not know-it-all-ism.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:12 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *vanillagorrilla* View Post
absolutely, but not know-it-all-ism.
lol zing!!

Old 05-24-2010, 07:31 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,723,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Absolutely, but not know-it-all-ism.
I second Jsizzle!

Old 05-24-2010, 07:57 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
MattB4: Rhetoric, shmetorick. Your whole argument boils down to this: that I am saying what I am not really saying, and I am saying something different from what I'm really saying in order to make people believe that I am not saying what I'm saying. And to abuse you. In other words, it's nonsense. Bottom line, I described extremely bad writing as evidence of not reading; in no way, shape or form can a reasonable and unbiased person interpret that to mean that an occasional spelling error is tantamount to an inability to read. If you choose to interpret that in such a patently nonsensical manner, it's a reflection on you, not me.

You claim that my words don't reflect what I am thinking, and that you know what's really in my head. Moreover, you've taken a reasonable and innocuous criticism of poor writing skills, a statement that did not, even in the vaguest fashion, refer to any specific poster -- and proceeded to insinuate that it constitutes aggression, abuse and borderline criminal conduct. (Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration, but it's merely after your fashion.) And you have the gall to call me arrogant? Here is an idea for you: aggression, abuse and criminal acts are all against the rules of this forum. If you really believe that this is what I've done, report me to the moderators, call 911, sound all the alarms. My take on it, however, is that you are simply being malicious. And note -- that's giving you the benefit of the doubt by assuming you have the mental capacity for posturing.
Now you are just being ridiculous (Redisca-less?) I just took the example you presented and hoped to shine the light of the absurd on it. I hoped that you would laugh and realize what was going on.

Since that is not to be I will instead offer my sincere apologies.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:32 PM
Itz

714 posts, read 2,199,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
A smart, sharp and witty person with a keen mind is a sexy quality to me. Voice is sexy too, especially the British accent. I'm talking about a man or woman who is always quick with an intelligent response. No "ummmmms.........". How do you feel about this? Does it do anything for you?

Despite being a really nice person, if they were just plain stupid, would it attract you?
Intelligence is a serious must for me in a relationship.. And I mean INTELLIGENT!!

Stupid people just seem to make me look at them like an annoying little insect I wish to squish!

Old 05-24-2010, 09:09 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,776 times
Intelligence is attractive to me when it is coupled with wisdom and humor. A highly rare combination to locate to my great disappointment. I am not into the arts (exception being craftsmanship), I prefer learning how things and people are put together. As well as building/repairing stuff. Though I will have to give up on enriching uranium for peaceful purposes since the neighbors are threatening sanctions.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:17 PM

1,192 posts, read 3,483,066 times
Default Kindred Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
Intelligence is attractive to me when it is coupled with wisdom and humor. A highly rare combination to locate to my great disappointment. I am not into the arts (exception being craftsmanship), I prefer learning how things and people are put together. As well as building/repairing stuff. Though I will have to give up on enriching uranium for peaceful purposes since the neighbors are threatening sanctions.
I know what you mean. My wife had to drag me ballet but now I actually like it. It really bugs me though that you can't have a basement in Houston because I'd really like to build a small cyclotron in it and smash particles together head-on. Maybe create a nano-black hole singularity. Maybe use it to sop up the Horizon oil spill? Nah, the neighbors probably would object.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:27 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,655,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamba_boy View Post
I know what you mean. My wife had to drag me ballet but now I actually like it. It really bugs me though that you can't have a basement in Houston because I'd really like to build a small cyclotron in it and smash particles together head-on. Maybe create a nano-black hole singularity. Maybe use it to sop up the Horizon oil spill? Nah, the neighbors probably would object.
I can not believe you actually admitted that. You probably should stay away from the mens club tonight.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:21 AM

9 posts, read 70,157 times
Its annoying when guys cant spell. now im not talking about the bigger words, im talking about them spelling these simple little words & then you'll spell it the right way and they still cant pick it up! But other then that i dont really care, i guess i haven't came across a "dumb" guy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships