Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 02:11 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,806,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I agree. The "train her fast" line is insulting. You're looking for a girlfriend, not a dog.
She is taking my 'train her fast' in a different way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 02:25 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
chubby/fat and/or have atleast 1 kid? I feel bad rejecting them but these are my preferences.
Why feel bad? There are men who actually love what you don't. I know men who are really hardcore with chubby girls. There's someone for everyone in this world. I'm sure these girls won't miss you at all!

Old 06-01-2010, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
Why feel bad? There are men who actually love what you don't. I know men who are really hardcore with chubby girls. There's someone for everyone in this world. I'm sure these girls won't miss you at all!
Thats true, lol.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:03 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,650,869 times
A while ago, I had broke out of my "preferences" briefly and was much more lenient on a mans weight. I felt badly that I was being so shallow-minded and not being open. I will not ever again date a man that is fat. Know why? Their sedentary lifestyle drove me nuts. They lacked energy to do things, even something simple like going to the beach - why? Because they didn't feel confident in their body to be seen in public and they couldn't handle the heat/sun. Their very unhealthy ways and the amounts in which they ate drove me bizerk (junk, junk, junk) and their thought processes performed like junk, but their attitudes and personalities were great ....when they did not feel depressed! Offering suggestions to help them after they've said they *want* to lose fat and get into shape and wanted help and a starting point - this was a total joke and they were nothing but defensive when they heard very simple things that are involved in achieving this. It was like telling someone they had to strip naked, set themselves on fire and walk 100 miles through Death Valley without water. Excuses, excuses galore. It's like trying to talk to an alcoholic who hasn't hit bottom to stop drinking. Then, onto health problems - one of them had such health problems and was a walking time bomb. No thanks, not ever, ever again. Having experienced what I did, I am more reluctant and closed minded than I was before for the simple fact that I want to be with a man who loves and respects his body. I want someone around to do things with and to be healthy together.. I want it to matter to him how I take care of mine because he cares about the same things. There are so many factors outside of "vanity," than I ever expected and was not prepared for with dating big men.

I do not intend to offend anyone at all, these are only my feelings and observations based on my own experiences dating heavy/obese men, for as short lived as that time was.

OP, you are totally justified in your preferences whatever they may be, as we all are.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
A while ago, I had broke out of my "preferences" briefly and was much more lenient on a mans weight. I felt badly that I was being so shallow-minded and not being open. I will not ever again date a man that is fat. Know why? Their sedentary lifestyle drove me nuts. They lacked energy to do things, even something simple like going to the beach - why? Because they didn't feel confident in their body to be seen in public and they couldn't handle the heat/sun. Their very unhealthy ways and the amounts in which they ate drove me bizerk (junk, junk, junk) and their thought processes performed like junk, but their attitudes and personalities were great ....when they did not feel depressed! Offering suggestions to help them after they've said they *want* to lose fat and get into shape and wanted help and a starting point - this was a total joke and they were nothing but defensive when they heard very simple things that are involved in achieving this. It was like telling someone they had to strip naked, set themselves on fire and walk 100 miles through Death Valley without water. Excuses, excuses galore. It's like trying to talk to an alcoholic who hasn't hit bottom to stop drinking. Then, onto health problems - one of them had such health problems and was a walking time bomb. No thanks, not ever, ever again. Having experienced what I did, I am more reluctant and closed minded than I was before for the simple fact that I want to be with a man who loves and respects his body. I want someone around to do things with and to be healthy together.. I want it to matter to him how I take care of mine because he cares about the same things. There are so many factors outside of "vanity," than I ever expected and was not prepared for with dating big men.

I do not intend to offend anyone at all, these are only my feelings and observations based on my own experiences dating heavy/obese men, for as short lived as that time was.

OP, you are totally justified in your preferences whatever they may be, as we all are.
People who eat junk food, excessively eat, and don't exercise are generally lazy and lack energy so I agree with you.

So I am assuming you also care about your body to look good.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:27 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,310,461 times
Quote:
I have seen attractive professional women date a guy who is unemployed, fat, etc.
You maybe saw this in Knocked Up. Would never happen in real life, these guys would be kicked to the curb.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
You maybe saw this in Knocked Up. Would never happen in real life, these guys would be kicked to the curb.
Then that defeats the purpose of 'Nice guys finish last'

You do know that women go for bad boys.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:41 PM

9 posts, read 8,147 times
Quote:
chubby/fat and/or have atleast 1 kid? I feel bad rejecting them but these are my preferences.
Own your preferences, but those seem more like prerequisites to me. Especially is you dont go after those women regardless of how cool they may actually be. Jus sayin

Old 02-04-2014, 09:09 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,791 times
Haven't read the thread but I will tell you that you are a smart man and should stick to your requirements and standards.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:18 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,193,932 times
Holy hell this is an old thread, but do you. No different than women requiring whatever it is they require in a dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships