Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 10:11 AM

383 posts, read 900,470 times

Advertisements

I was going to write this as a stand alone post about this same subject, but it will work nicely as a reply.

Most conflicts that come from dating come from flaky men trying to pick based on flaky, superficial "requirements" or vice versa. So far, all it leads to is encouraging a vicious cycle of shallow narcissism which when jilted, fuels itself into misogyny and man-hating. Every dating site is full of man haters and misogynists, not excluding this one. If people stopped being so god damn shallow and superficial, we wouldn't have half of the dating nightmare stories you hear on various message boards.

Sometimes, I wish most of my fellow men will figure out that most likely, they're not going to find a supermodel type woman, especially if they jiggle when they jump. And even if they do, once they find their supermodel, they'll probably will never be happy with the supermodel girlfriend because if you're superficial, she'll just bore you and you'll hop in bed with another supermodel woman who, most likely, is as superficial as you are and cheat on you when she's not "satisfied". You will find that 88% of your bitterness will cease once you stop chasing after the biggest boobs and go after the biggest hearts. Or sometimes, just quitting the dating game is also your best option.

Women: Ditto, except exchange aesthetics for money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 10:30 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,982,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Weight issue depends on exercise and diet. I work my a*s off to stay fit and eat healthy. I know its not easy for a lot of folks but I have the ambition. I know women in 40's and 50's with kids who are well fit.
Good point.
My aunt is 49 and looks like a fitness competitor.
I have grand aunts in their 60's who are in shape and regularly exercise.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:34 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,323,445 times
Am I being shallow for not dating girls that are/have....

Quote:
chubby/fat and/or have atleast 1 kid? I feel bad rejecting them but these are my preferences.
Why of course not, after all, we've all got preferences. Calling someone chubby, fat or viewing motherhood as a curse is what makes you shallow.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:57 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,982,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdRedRain View Post
I was going to write this as a stand alone post about this same subject, but it will work nicely as a reply.

Most conflicts that come from dating come from flaky men trying to pick based on flaky, superficial "requirements" or vice versa. So far, all it leads to is encouraging a vicious cycle of shallow narcissism which when jilted, fuels itself into misogyny and man-hating. Every dating site is full of man haters and misogynists, not excluding this one. If people stopped being so god damn shallow and superficial, we wouldn't have half of the dating nightmare stories you hear on various message boards.

Sometimes, I wish most of my fellow men will figure out that most likely, they're not going to find a supermodel type woman, especially if they jiggle when they jump. And even if they do, once they find their supermodel, they'll probably will never be happy with the supermodel girlfriend because if you're superficial, she'll just bore you and you'll hop in bed with another supermodel woman who, most likely, is as superficial as you are and cheat on you when she's not "satisfied". You will find that 88% of your bitterness will cease once you stop chasing after the biggest boobs and go after the biggest hearts. Or sometimes, just quitting the dating game is also your best option.

Wanting a fit woman with no kids is totally different than wanting a supermodel.
Since the OP says he works out a woman who does the same actually has that in common with him in addition to being his physical preference.
Maybe they could work out together.

Every time someone lists a preference they get blasted for being superficial.
The OP just wants a woman he finds attractive enough to actually want to be affectionate with and does not have to bother with the responsibility of children.

Please , give me a rational explanation why the OP is picky?

Old 05-25-2010, 04:44 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,381,251 times
Quote:

lol..

Why should his dating preferences offend you so?

People hold the right to be shallow. Who are you to say they cannot?

Old 05-25-2010, 05:19 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,798,905 times
Quote:

Why should someone go out with someone which does not meet his/her requirements? Why be miserable later?

I am not even looking for anything that is model material.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:23 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,798,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichirenx View Post
Wanting a fit woman with no kids is totally different than wanting a supermodel.
Since the OP says he works out a woman who does the same actually has that in common with him in addition to being his physical preference.
Maybe they could work out together.

Every time someone lists a preference they get blasted for being superficial.
The OP just wants a woman he finds attractive enough to actually want to be affectionate with and does not have to bother with the responsibility of children.

Please , give me a rational explanation why the OP is picky?
I am not expecting a totally fit women either. Skinny will do. I can train her fast.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:25 PM

37,590 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:

No way. I'm more interested in looks than money.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:04 PM

17,208 posts, read 57,041,396 times
Quote:
I know but I feel like I am hurting them emotionally. I am just being honest upfront. The reason I want these qualities is because I work hard to keep my body in shape with exercise and diet and I don't have any kids nor do I want any.
Dude, there is absolutely nothing wrong with having standards. I'm a bit more flexible than you in that how a gal's weight is distributed can mitigate being a bit overweight, and the provenance of her kids matters to me. A widow with kids, or a divorcee with kids (and how old are they, how well behaved?) are different from a straight up "single mom" who either intentionally gave birth to an, ahem, illigitimus (a) driven by religious teachings, an intention to force a guy to marry her, or worst of all, just full-on ignorance.

You are perfectly within your rights to date only women who turn YOU on, just as they are within their rights to date you only if you turn THEM on.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:43 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
I am not expecting a totally fit women either. Skinny will do. I can train her fast.
Now we get to the heart of the matter!
If this is what is really in your mind, yes, you are shallow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships