Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 03:13 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
Actually most of the guys i've been with tend to be ts, but still living as men (I tend to like very fem asian men) so the issue usually doesn't arise. The gay guys i've been with know upfront, and don't seem to mind. Saying that i'm only 31 and most the guys I like aren't after anything serious either. I'm in a relationship these days so i'm off the market, most guys seem to get a bit upset when I turn them down.

Eh, I'll admit it might not be fair, but all of this still seems very sexually greedy to me. There are many aspects to everyone's sexuality, but it doesn't mean we indulge them all. It just seems that bisexual men in particular feel they should indulge all sexual desires. It's very off putting.

I'd say the same of a heterosexual man who indulges in a lot of casual, unemotional sex with women: They are also sexually greedy, because they are all about the pursuit of the orgasm and nothing more - same as you when it comes to men. The only difference may in fact be that hetero men understand that to tell women about their casual sexual exploits will turn them off big time, whereas bisexual men instead talk about it and want their behavior to be accepted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 03:16 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,975,456 times
Quote:
"I'm including the trans girls in with 'women' rather than guys as to me they are women rather than men"

It depends on the girl and how sexually compatible we are. There was one girl in particular who I would have spent my life with and have been very happy with. It's a shame I met her so young (18) and messed things up.

I'm currently in a relationship with a ts woman who I love very much and I don't miss regular girls or guys. I'm more into people than what parts they've got.
Just wanted to add that, technically, by the strictest definition, it sounds like you are more pan-sexual than exclusively bisexual...maybe not though

Old 05-24-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
It depends on the girl and how sexually compatible we are. There was one girl in particular who I would have spent my life with and have been very happy with. It's a shame I met her so young (18) and messed things up.

I'm currently in a relationship with a ts woman who I love very much and I don't miss regular girls or guys. I'm more into people than what parts they've got.
If that is true, why did you explicitly state you could never be in a romantic relationship with a man?

Old 05-24-2010, 03:21 PM

3,006 posts, read 3,870,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
Just wanted to add that, technically, by the strictest definition, it sounds like you are more pan-sexual than exclusively bisexual...maybe not though
I consider myself polysexual (multisexual) rather than pan as i'm not gender blind and i'm not to fussed on transmen (FtMs). I also like the term 'fluid' as its nice and vague. I just usually say bi as thats what people understand.

Last edited by archineer; 05-24-2010 at 03:34 PM..

Old 05-24-2010, 03:22 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
If that is true, why did you explicitly state you could never be in a romantic relationship with a man?
This is what has me confused. First archineer mentioned preferring romantic relationships with women, but is now in a relationship with a tranny woman which I for all intents and purposes is still a man. Am I missing something?

Old 05-24-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Well i'd never say never. I've never met a guy I truely fell for that's all. I like androgynous women mainly.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
This is what has me confused. First archineer mentioned preferring romantic relationships with women, but is now in a relationship with a tranny woman which I for all intents and purposes is still a man. Am I missing something?
Well shes actually XXY (intersex) rather than a man. She looks sounds and acts like a girl so I see her as a woman. I didn't actually know when i first met her. Trans women and regular women are equally women as far as im concerned.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Eh, I'll admit it might not be fair, but all of this still seems very sexually greedy to me. There are many aspects to everyone's sexuality, but it doesn't mean we indulge them all. It just seems that bisexual men in particular feel they should indulge all sexual desires. It's very off putting.

I'd say the same of a heterosexual man who indulges in a lot of casual, unemotional sex with women: They are also sexually greedy, because they are all about the pursuit of the orgasm and nothing more - same as you when it comes to men. The only difference may in fact be that hetero men understand that to tell women about their casual sexual exploits will turn them off big time, whereas bisexual men instead talk about it and want their behavior to be accepted.
Actually I don't have alot of casual sex, I prefer to be in a relationship and am very discerning with whom I have relations with. Men have to wait a long time to meet someone who they really click with (women to but its easier for women) so casual relationships are just a way of 'filling the void' so to speak. Say you were to meet a guy and you'd been single for a long time, there was chemistry but for some reason he was not the sort of guy you'd have a relationship with would you turn him down?

Its hard to explain to a straight person, but if you ask bi women they'll say the same things about the asymmetrical attraction.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:36 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,051 times
Quote:
Well shes actually XXY (intersex) rather than a man. She looks sounds and acts like a girl so I see her as a woman. I didn't actually know when i first met her. Trans women and regular women are equally women as far as im concerned.
LOL OK, now I am REALLY confused.

I have no idea what an XXY is. If I had to guess it would be a man with boobs dressed up like a woman?

Sexually speaking, you are having sex with a man, aren't you? So why not say you are gay, interested in effeminate men dressed like women?

Sorry, I feel like Alice down the rabbit hole.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
In my mind there are too many varients on a "trans" so I view them as the gender of their personal choosing. One could have original genitalia or maybe not, could be on hormones, or maybe not... if we have a male to female trans saying, "I am a female" than that's good enough for me, she's a female.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships