Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 09:53 PM

29 posts, read 42,387 times

Advertisements

As a married guy i see this often with my single friends and single coworkers? IF an attractive woman is being nice/friendly to them they automatically assume that she likes him. WHERE AS on the other end of the spectrum if a man is being nice to a woman she doesnt as readily make that assumption. I dont agree with anybody being rude or bitchy, but I can understand why some extremely attractive ladies but up a ***** shield. SO that they can avoid scenarios like this..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 09:55 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniRomo View Post
As a married guy i see this often with my single friends and single coworkers? IF an attractive woman is being nice/friendly to them they automatically assume that she likes him. WHERE AS on the other end of the spectrum if a man is being nice to a woman she doesnt as readily make that assumption. I dont agree with anybody being rude or bitchy, but I can understand why some extremely attractive ladies but up a ***** shield. SO that they can avoid scenarios like this..
I agree with you. Most guys are horrible at picking up body language and signals.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:55 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,011,402 times
It could be that they're not used to it.

OR...

It could be that they're not assuming she likes them, they're rallying an attempt to get her interested because at least she's not blatantly DIS-interested.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:56 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,179,905 times
Men think they are more attractive than they really are.
Women tend to judge themselves more harshly.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:59 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,654,563 times
Meh...Its wishful thinking on the guys part, or gals part, whichever.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:01 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,637,581 times
Because women are always nice to guys they hate?

Old 05-22-2010, 10:15 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,318,312 times
Women are programmed from early childhood on to be nice. That is why girls do better in school because we are pleasers. Men, on the other hand, are told to say what they mean. This creates a dilema where men cannot tell when a woman is just being nice to be nice, and when she is showing him special attention. Many men mistake common friendliness for flirtatiousness.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:15 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,135,794 times
I agree with Vicket. I had a situation recently that falls into this category. I am actually still kind of pissed about it.

A guy that just started working with my husband is from our hometown. We live out of state so it was really cool to meet someone from where we grew up. This new guy kind of latched onto my husband and kept asking him to go for a beer or just to hang out. Hubby and I understand how hard it is trying to fit in here (there is a small town mentality at times, hard to make friends) so hubby asked me if he could invite the guy over for BQ. I said sure. I made quite a spread and the guy seemed pretty nice. He said he was eager to get his wife and kids relocated because he was missing them. I printed out info from the computer on housing options and so forth. Ya, know...just being nice. I would have loved to have met someone from my hometown when we relocated here. We knew no one. I was thinking how great it would be if his wife and I hit it off and we could all be friends and so forth.

The next day hubby goes to work and was told by his work buddies that he shouldnt invite the new guy to his house anymore. My husband asked what was up. This new guy, that I was NICE to and invited into our home was telling the guys at the plant how it seemed like I wanted to screw him. This guy is fricking nasty. He is extremely over weight, a complete goof ball and ate like a horse. Ya...I wanna screw him. He said some very graphic sexual things about me. Needless to say, the jerk has not been invited back. He is still unsure if he wants to move his family here, keeps hoping his old job will call him back. Honestly, I hope they do. Good riddens.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:30 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,641,507 times
I'm guilty as charged. Yup....be nice to me and I take it wrong. But I don't take it in such a way as to come on strong just because she was nice to me. I just be nice back, flirt harder but never come on strong.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:32 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
I'm guilty as charged. Yup....be nice to me and I take it wrong. But I don't take it in such a way as to come on strong just because she was nice to me. I just be nice back, flirt harder but never come on strong.
How do you "flirt harder?" Especially if you are not coming on too strong. I don't understand this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships