Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 01:13 PM

189 posts, read 297,201 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone, I was on this site at the end of 2009. My ex fiance dumped me in August of '09. Anyway, its been almost 10 months now since we broke up but she just wont go away. At the end of 09 I ignored all her texts and IM'S for a few months but I gave in eventually. This year I ignored her completely again for a few months but eventually gave in again.

I guess she was giving me false hope that we might be able to get back together and I took the bait. In reality she obviously doesnt want to get back together because she never came to see me or make any attempts to get together. A few times she said she was going to come stay the weekend at my house only to make excuses. She would text things that she knew would strike a nerve in me to get me to respond.

This past week she tried again to start up a conversation and I sent her a text saying that I got back with a girlfriend from a few months ago and to stop contacting me because I dont talk to girls when I'm involved with someone. She kind of made fun of my text & later said that I should give the ring I got her to the new girl.

Anyway I told her I could tell she really didnt want to get back together so I've moved on and she responded with your not moving on if your going back to an ex. So hopefully this will make her finally stop texting, IM'ing me. I asked her what she wants from me and she said she wants me in her life. Why wont she just leave me alone? I tried ignoring her but she just WONT go away. Is she just trying to keep me on the back burner in case she ever wants me down the road? She said shes seeing someone so I dont know why she needs to continue to bother me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 01:19 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
If you truly want her to leave you alone, then you need to block her!

Old 05-31-2010, 01:26 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,168,843 times
sounds like my ex gf, only she wants me back and i dont want to be with her

yeahhh as awesome as i am i still give in about once a year, we meet up and then i realize nothin' is gonna work out. then for a month or two i go into my all women are dumb w***es phase that cant even be cured by the combination of booze and strippers

if you find a way to get rid of her lemme know i will use it for my inevitable meeting next year!

Old 05-31-2010, 01:26 PM

764 posts, read 1,556,986 times
That is painful to read. I hate when girls do this, they just want to screw with you for fun or something. She might be trying to keep you on the backburner but probably not but regardless she is a manipulator for sure. Ignore her completely from hear on out would be my advice. If you talk or text or anything it will only refuel her. I had a girl do this to me after she ripped my heart out. I think they feed on men who are insecure. So if you have to talk to her i would be confident and act like you dont care if she drops dead or not. Good luck buddy.

Old 05-31-2010, 01:45 PM

She seems to just be playing games and its really kind of cruel. It would be one thing if she wqas attempting to get back together but shes not. Maybe cuz deep down she has low self esteem knowing that I'm "still there for her" makes her feel good. A week ago she was texting me and i was saying "leave me the f*** alone but eventually I gave in again and after an hour of texting invited her over for a weekend. So clearly she knows I still have feelings for her and shes using that to her advantage.

Old 05-31-2010, 01:53 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,815,051 times
I would block her and end this whole thing right quick. My husband's ex girlfriend did this to us (and more) and ended up stalking me for many years after their breakup. Why me and not him? I have no idea. My guess would be that it was more difficult to be mad at him than to dump it all on the new girlfriend/wife. But considering that our situation got to the point of us thinking about calling the police, I would end it right now. I'm not saying that is what your ex will do, just that it is a possibility. And it's no fun, believe me.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:50 PM

418 posts, read 1,381,745 times
Sometimes the only way to get someone to go away is to go away yourself.
Change your number, block her IM's. Its drastic but it sounds like she is not taking the hint.
Or another option if you don't to do any of that, is if she continues you could tell her she is harassing you and you will file a restraining order against her.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:59 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxerlady View Post
Sometimes the only way to get someone to go away is to go away yourself.
Change your number, block her IM's. Its drastic but it sounds like she is not taking the hint.
Or another option if you don't to do any of that, is if she continues you could tell her she is harassing you and you will file a restraining order against her.
He has to actually "be ready" to do this, and if he is not, then he will continue to play this silly back and forth game! His choice!

Old 05-31-2010, 03:02 PM

418 posts, read 1,381,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
He has to actually "be ready" to do this, and if he is not, then he will continue to play this silly back and forth game! His choice!
100% agreed!! Some people like to play games.
As for my SO's ex she USES restraining orders to play games. Its too bad because with them their is a child involved.

Old 05-31-2010, 03:42 PM

I made it up when I said I got back together with a recent girlfriend just so that she would leave me alone. I couldnt think of anything else that would make her to stop contacting me. Friends of mine say shes crazy and they never dealt with that from any of their ex'es. So I dont know what the purpose of her doing this is. I guess she still feels guilt from dumping me or maybe she thinks its fun to screw with someones emotions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships