Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 07:32 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times

Advertisements

Good for you. Now stick to it and don't let him bamboozle his way back into your life.

A man who cheats on his fiancee when the wedding is just around the corner is a man without honor and you will never be able to trust him.

Hope you are feeling better soon. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 11:42 AM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,101 times
I'm curious to see if he'll write back with an apology. I'm certainly not holding my breath. I told him that because he's never apologized that I couldn't continue communicating with him. I also told him that I don't just want some forced apology because it would be meaningless and to think long and hard before writing back because I want to know how he really feels.

I don't think I'll hear from him for a very long time, but you never know. I could be surprised.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:23 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
I'm curious to see if he'll write back with an apology. I'm certainly not holding my breath. I told him that because he's never apologized that I couldn't continue communicating with him. I also told him that I don't just want some forced apology because it would be meaningless and to think long and hard before writing back because I want to know how he really feels.

I don't think I'll hear from him for a very long time, but you never know. I could be surprised.
What a fk-head.
Seriously, you should find that hoochey that broke you two up and send her a fruit basket.
The guy is a dishonest loser and you deserve much better. Thank god you didn't get married to him.

Even if he apologizes now, you need to go scorched earth and move forward. Block his phone #, email etc. and now that you know....seal him off for good. DO NOT take a step back in your development and especially don't let dishonest toxic people like this into your life even a little bit.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:20 PM

Default so he apologized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
What a fk-head.
Seriously, you should find that hoochey that broke you two up and send her a fruit basket.
The guy is a dishonest loser and you deserve much better. Thank god you didn't get married to him.

Even if he apologizes now, you need to go scorched earth and move forward. Block his phone #, email etc. and now that you know....seal him off for good. DO NOT take a step back in your development and especially don't let dishonest toxic people like this into your life even a little bit.
Well I got an apology and it was a sincere one, at least it sounded sincere. He said he would elaborate more later 'cause he's traveling around with his kids now on vacation. I guess time will tell where things go. Right now I have no plans to cut off communication.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:42 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,220 times
He's only back, because she left him. He wants to come back to you.

He's not gonna say, I'm sorry. If, he does -- he will say it to shut your mouth. Thinking, if I say sorry. She'll take me back.

Beware!

Old 06-01-2010, 06:46 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,651,499 times
Quote:
Without that apology I feel like I'm condoning what he did in some way. I'm planning to send him an e-mail telling him that I don't want to stay in touch any more because it doesn't seem like he feels any remorse for what he did and I deserve better than that.

I guess this was more of a rant and venting than anything else. Feel free to comment if you like.
I'm so sorry this happened, I did not know about this, if it was stated in prior threads in the past.

I think you've made the right choice and I agree with you. I see it from that same angle too.

You certainly do deserve better and you will have it!

Add on:
Ok. I see today's now that you posted 3 hours ago!!

Well that's nice he gave you an apology and you feel it's sincere. Has it helped you any with closure at all?

[ I would just keep that one at arms length, if anything. ]

Old 06-01-2010, 11:03 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Right now I have no plans to cut off communication.
... Oh, man...

Old 06-01-2010, 11:40 PM

345 posts, read 1,078,221 times
if he eventually says it, will that ultimately make you feel better? if it takes all of this for him to say those words, does he really mean it? You sound like a nice person who deserves better, but I also know that no matter how many posts there are tellling you otherwise, you may still go back to him. I wish you the best, and would hate to see you hurt. You're ust not tired yet. And no one can be tired for you. Be blessed.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:00 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,677,486 times
One constant is the earth never stops spinning, so as the world turns, as time goes on, what was relevant years ago, isn't no longer.

I had a gal come back into my life from 9000 miles away, after 2.5 years of no contact. It might be nice to know more details behind what might have happened, but life moves on and at some point who cares?

I really can't see the point in remaining in contact with the guy. He figuratively burnt the house down, so what is to gain by continuing to converse with him? I don't really see what it adds to your life from doing that.

One lesson I am learning is often relationships end and we don't get complete closure. Closure I think is an illusion.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
He's only back, because she left him. He wants to come back to you.

He's not gonna say, I'm sorry. If, he does -- he will say it to shut your mouth. Thinking, if I say sorry. She'll take me back.

Beware!
She left him almost three years ago - I just found this out two weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post

Well that's nice he gave you an apology and you feel it's sincere. Has it helped you any with closure at all?

[ I would just keep that one at arms length, if anything. ]
The apology was nice to hear, but I think I had "closure" quite a while ago. I forgave him, moved on with my life and am very indifferent to what he does with his. I miss his kids, but I can still hear about them through his Mom (we have been in touch the entire time and she and I never discuss him, or the past).

I don't think he's a bad person, just a dumb-ass who made dumb-ass choices with his life. I know he regrets choosing her over me, but what's done is done. We can't go back, but we can move forward. Where that will take us I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
... Oh, man...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships