Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2010, 01:29 PM

1,187 posts, read 2,394,296 times

Advertisements

I have this recurring dream but it has ebbed to almost nothing lately; it goes roughly like this:

I am waiting, usually in a room of my house, sometimes in the lobby of a nice club or dining establishment. I am all dressed up - for me: pressed khakis, nice shirt, watch, shined shoes. I am nervous, like a groom heading for the altar, anxious but in a way, happily so, anticipating Kristen (the ex) to show up; I can't WAIT to see her!!! I wait, I wait, I wait. Then I get concerned, that she has not called. Then I brush it off, saying she is always late, she is on her way. Being late, always, well....it is annoying but that's Kristen! Always late, me always waiting. Waiting waiting waiting. But here I am, so ready, so able, so thrilled with anticipation to be with my love! I wait and wait some more. Then nothing. I look at my shoes. Check my belt loops. I check my blackberry, I look out to see if any headlights are approaching; nothing. Wait, wait, wait. Then I get unsettled. WHERE IS SHE???? Why won't she call? Why does she always make me wait???? Then I tell myself got calm down and just wait patiently, after all, its just waiting. And she is so WORTH waiting for. Boy, you got all decked-out, nice cologne, Big Night Out and it will be GREAT so GREAT just ONCE she gets HERE! OH I CAN'T WAIT. You love this girl so of course you can wait forever, even if it takes...forever.

Then I wake up.

She never shows up. Never. No car, no call, no text, no girl. A no-show.

Its just me, alone, just me, waiting, wondering, hoping, thinking only the best, only if, only if she would just SHOW UP. Please, SHOW UP KRISTEN. It will be AMAZING once YOU DO.

Then nothing.

Just like my marriage: She never showed up.

Only made a lot of empty promises, lofty pronouncement and lots of nothing.

Before you marry someone, find out it they can keep a simple promise or show random acts of spontaneous kindness. If they can't, you are forewarned. You will spend your lifetime waiting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 01:35 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Maybe you should have listened to your dream!

Old 05-24-2010, 01:37 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
I have a question. There is nothing to really discuss in this. It's a statement. Can we use it to talk about recurring dreams we are having??

Old 05-24-2010, 01:42 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwaggy View Post

Just like my marriage: She never showed up.

Only made a lot of empty promises, lofty pronouncement and lots of nothing.

Before you marry someone, find out it they can keep a simple promise or show random acts of spontaneous kindness. If they can't, you are forewarned. You will spend your lifetime waiting.
Sure it does Sizzle...it could be a conversation piece about keeping promises, before marriage. I bet this women was late for her own wedding day!

Ok...or he was late for his! LOL

Last edited by yankeegirl313; 05-24-2010 at 01:51 PM..

Old 05-24-2010, 01:46 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
Or someone is suffering from severe anxiety that she is no longer in his life and breaking it off was a bad deal he's just realizing now.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:46 PM

I think recurring dreams - are quite telling about what we are dealing with during our waking hours. Please share - if it is about a relationship. We all had the dream about going to school in our BVD's, right????

Oh, I struggled with breaking it off and I am MUCH happier now, much better off. But yes, there was some anxiety about it and yes I did miss her but we would have just ended up where we are now - apart. I have not had The Dream in about 6 weeks, which is good.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:51 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwaggy View Post
I think recurring dreams - are quite telling about what we are dealing with during our waking hours. Please share - if it is about a relationship. We all had the dream about going to school in our BVD's, right????
Yes, but I wouldn't take them at face value. Meaning I do believe they are likely a combination of conscious and sub-conscious thoughts & feelings, but open for interpretation and not to be taken literally.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:57 PM

Yes, thats the fun of it - interpreting dreams are just that - interpretations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships