U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 09:25 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,702,184 times

Advertisements

There is this guy that has been into my friend and she's been into him as well but both were involved so they continued to see each other in passing and nothing more. Well she heard he's on the market and she is as well so she planned to let him know she's interested.

She goes out Sat. night and they're both standing waiting for their cars and she goes over and says hi. He says "what's up" and she says "nothing" Sun. she goes to a different club and sees him there also and she said he was watching her all night. At the end of the night they're both waiting for their cars and his car comes and he says he's a little tipsy and the aggressive women (she said there were a lot of women approaching him and she thinks that was his way of letting her know he wasn't interested in any of them) has given him a headache, then him and his friend leaves.

I told her that maybe since she has semi rejected him in the past that he may be afraid to just come right out and ask for her number. She said she didn't want to offer her number or get his at a club. So today she tells me she went by his home (she found out where he lived awhile ago from a acquaintance) and left a note on his mailbox with her name, number, and detailed encounters from the nights they saw each other.

I would defiantly say showing up at someone's home spells creepy and stalker but she didn't knock on the door, she just left a note so maybe that sets a different tone. She knows for a fact that he's interested in her so maybe just that alone makes the difference.

I can understand her not wanting to exchange numbers at the club but do you think she went to far by leaving a note on his mailbox?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 09:29 PM

45,246 posts, read 95,006,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
There is this guy that has been into my friend and she's been into him as well but both were involved so they continued to see each other in passing and nothing more. Well she heard he's on the market and she is as well so she planned to let him know she's interested.

She goes out Sat. night and they're both standing waiting for their cars and she goes over and says hi. He says "what's up" and she says "nothing" Sun. she goes to a different club and sees him there also and she said he was watching her all night. At the end of the night they're both waiting for their cars and his car comes and he says he's a little tipsy and the women aggressive women has given him a headache, then him and his friend leaves.

I told her that maybe since she has semi rejected him in the past that he may be afraid to just come right out and ask for her number. She said she didn't want to offer her number or get his at a club. So today she tells me she went by his home (she found out where he lived awhile ago from a acquaintance) and left a note on his mailbox with her name, number, and detailed encounters from the nights they saw each other.

I would defiantly say showing up at someone's home spells creepy and stalker but she didn't knock on the door, she just left a note so maybe that sets a different tone. She knows for a fact that he's interested in her so maybe just that alone makes the difference.

I can understand her not wanting to exchange numbers at the club but do you think she went to far by leaving a note on his mailbox?

I'm a little old school about this - I don't think guys appreciate aggressive women in general. And those that do would be too submissive for my tastes.

I'm betting this might get his attention, but I doubt she will keep it. Usually when you gamble you lose. Just my 2 cents

Old 05-24-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I'm a little old school about this - I don't think guys appreciate aggressive women in general. And those that do would be too submissive for my tastes.

I'm betting this might get his attention, but I doubt she will keep it. Usually when you gamble you lose. Just my 2 cents
Could you elaborate on the bold?

Old 05-24-2010, 09:35 PM

45,246 posts, read 95,006,334 times
Quote:
Could you elaborate on the bold?

Well, she gambled that taking such a bold, almost stalkerish approach would let him know how interested she is in him. Odds are, it was a bit much in his opinion and he'll think she comes on too strong. She would have been much better off with a more subtle approach

Old 05-24-2010, 09:36 PM

9,728 posts, read 19,632,230 times
I don't mind mildly aggressive women at all, but leaving a note in/on my mailbox would tend to turn me off. I'd prefer to get a phone call or tap on the shoulder and be asked out on a date.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Well, she gambled that taking such a bold, almost stalkerish approach would let him know how interested she is in him. Odds are, it was a bit much in his opinion and he'll think she comes on too strong. She would have been much better off with a more subtle approach
Oh ok.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:12 PM

8,062 posts, read 17,152,990 times
She saw him out TWO nights and could have struck up a reasonable conversation, casually asking if he'd be interested in having coffee sometime. But, no, she finds out where he lives and leaves a note in his mailbox? That's really creepy, especially since he was complaining about "aggressive women."

I'd be surprised if he responded positively to that. Sorry, but your friend sounds odd.

Old 05-24-2010, 11:10 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,883,920 times
Quote:

She goes out Sat. night and they're both standing waiting for their cars and she goes over and says hi. He says "what's up" and she says "nothing" Sun. she goes to a different club and sees him there also and she said he was watching her all night. At the end of the night they're both waiting for their cars and his car comes and he says he's a little tipsy and the aggressive women (she said there were a lot of women approaching him and she thinks that was his way of letting her know he wasn't interested in any of them) has given him a headache, then him and his friend leaves.

For some men she probably went too far.

For me she's just perfect.
Wondering why I cannot seem to meet a woman like that.
Being bold like that gets her top marks in my book.

Being that I usually have to make the approach meeting a woman who does makes her special.

Old 05-24-2010, 11:18 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,277,439 times
I like girls who take the initiative but personally I would also find the note on the mailbox thing very creepy She should have just asked him out one of the times she saw him. Although I fully understand how intimidating asking someone out face to face can be, she did have at least 2 opportunities to do so one-on-one, so that shouldn't have been too bad.

Old 05-24-2010, 11:29 PM

213 posts, read 397,361 times
She went too far. She should read the book "He's just not that into you" because if the dude was into her, he would have asked her out.

Where would you rate her attractiveness compared to the dude? If he's a hot guy with lots of women propositioning him and she's rather average then she may just be wishfully thinking. If the tables were turned and she was hot, no doubt the average dude would jump all over her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships