Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 01:56 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I moved to a city known for its live and let live culture. And everything has been perfect every since. I believe the culture makes a huge difference in the quality of my life. That's my philosophy.

So you had chosen to change your location. It worked! Good that you are not having any further trouble.

I do not buy into a subjective reality. The laws of the Universe care not how I categories them. Gravity works on all of us whether or not we accept it. How we deal with it is a choice we make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 02:33 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
Gravity is physics. And I guess we agree to disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post

I do not buy into a subjective reality. The laws of the Universe care not how I categories them. Gravity works on all of us whether or not we accept it. How we deal with it is a choice we make.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Gravity is physics. And I guess we agree to disagree.
Ok.

Old 05-25-2010, 04:56 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,382,704 times
If she has Asperger's then why did you marry her?

Asperger's people cannot exist in relationships. They lack the empathy to understand/comprehend intimate relationships. I know people with Asperger's and they're impossible to be around. They always see life in black and white terms, and can never see things from another standpoint.

I empathise with you for lasting in this relationship so long.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:00 PM

That has been my experience too. Although they do tend to be very smart. And people shouldn't be thrown out with the dirty bath water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
If she has Asperger's then why did you marry her?

Asperger's people cannot exist in relationships. They lack the empathy to understand/comprehend intimate relationships. I know people with Asperger's and they're impossible to be around. They always see life in black and white terms, and can never see things from another standpoint.

I empathise with you for lasting in this relationship so long.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
So you had chosen to change your location. It worked! Good that you are not having any further trouble.

Take a glass of beer. if you and I drank it, we would both experience the taste differently. All experience is relative, nay, everything is relative. This is an elemental fact of the human condition.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:06 PM

Thanks Samston.

Quote:
Take a glass of beer. if you and I drank it, we would both experience the taste differently. All experience is relative, nay, everything is relative. This is an elemental fact of the human condition.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Relative tastes is not reality though. The reality is we both drank the beer. The reality is the beer came in a container. The reality is we could have a beer because there was no prohibition in the Country we drank the beer in. And yes, the reality is our perceptions are likely to be different within the normal humans ability to respond to the sensations of consuming the beer.

Reality has not changed in any of that. Reality is not relative since it exists independent of any one viewer. Now if you want to get into the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, I am afraid my quantum physics knowledge is a bit rusty and I can not seem to find it recently.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:27 PM

Reality is subjectively experienced.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Reality is subjectively experienced.
I have to give that a qualified maybe. The Reality at its core is unchanged even if the experience of it by a individual may be subjective. Take for instance being color blind. You may not be able to discern the wavelengths of light that make up the color blue, however with the right knowledge you can design instruments that can detect it. Therefore the color blue is a reality whether you see it or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships