Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 08:38 PM

541 posts, read 2,137,878 times

Advertisements

Well, I guess I am old school, lol. I do all of the housework/chores other than taking the trash out. I am currently on unemployment and taking classes online, so I am home all day. When I was working, I was working from home, so felt like I could still do everything. My husbandis military, and he works extremely long hours, so I don't feel like he should have to do any of it, especially with me here all day. He does sneak and clean when I am off running errands and whatnot, but I don't like it when he does that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 05:47 AM

956 posts, read 1,766,726 times
To be honest, I would drive myself crazy cleaning before they got there to clean. [/quote]

I hear you. We live in a serviced place and I have nowhere to store things before they come. Every cleaning day (once a week) sees me frantically stuffing clothes and other objects every which way I can into our one cupboard (and a half- share at that) /shelf !

Old 05-27-2010, 06:16 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Me: laundry, food shopping, daily upkeep (vacuuming, make beds, load/unload dishwasher, etc.), cooking (if you can even call it that ), take the garbage out.

Him: he handles all the big projects...things that require tools/power tools/heavy machinery.

We also outsource. We have a weekly cleaning service, landscapers (for basic lawn maintenance), another lawn service for seeding/fertilization/weed control, use a dry cleaner for linens and clothes, I use PeaPod for food delivery and I used to have a service take care of the dog poo.
Sounds like you've got it made in the shade all the way down to the dog poo.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:22 AM

796 posts, read 1,842,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
We share in the housework evenly. Yes, I have a man that knows how to use the vacuum cleaner, shampoos the carpets, loads the dishwasher, mops, cooks, etc. and I love it!

When it comes to laundry we all do ours separately (me, hubby, son).

I can't get with the outsourcing of chores. While I joke with hubby about getting a maid, I just don't feel comfortable with someone else in my home cleaning my things, doing my laundry, etc. To be honest, I would drive myself crazy cleaning before they got there to clean.
Mine does too...I would love to have someone clean the house for us...it's the one thing we both grumble about having to do. It gets done, but it's no fun!

Old 05-27-2010, 06:36 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Sounds like you've got it made in the shade all the way down to the dog poo.
I had to can the poo-poo picker-upper. She used to come bi-weekly, but I found it wasn't often enough since I'm outdoors daily with two toddlers. I'm back to be being the official pooper scooper in this household. The sick part is my kids actually enjoy going "poo hunting" with mommy.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:39 AM

956 posts, read 1,766,726 times
TIW, aren't your cuties more than toddlers ? I used to like looking at that pic of you and /with them .

Old 05-27-2010, 06:42 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudra View Post
TIW, aren't your cuties more than toddlers ? I used to like looking at that pic of you and /with them .
My son is 2 and my daughter will be 4 later this summer, so yeah, technically she's not a toddler anymore. You had to remind me that my little girl is growing up!!!

Old 05-27-2010, 07:41 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,303,140 times
Me, because I work significantly less hours. If he worked less he would do more around the house. Right now he cooks about twice a week and cleans our turtles tanks twice a week. I do everything else.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:55 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
Me : washing and folding laundry

Him : cooking, cleaning, lawns, cleaning up after the birds, dishes, vacuuming, taking the trash out, cleaning the car

Together : grocery shopping

I cook every now and then and sometimes I clean up after meals and stack the dishwasher.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:57 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Im surprised at the number of men that contribute to the hh chores. Living in a backward area it is sometimes irritating that the mentality of "womens work" and "mens work" is still prevalent.

The other day a friend came by, male about 34, while my bf was at the sink washing the breakfast dishes and I was sitting at the table sipping coffee. The look on his face of first shock, then confusion, then he laughed at my bf. I thought it was funny at first then it kind of peed me off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships