Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 11:58 AM

2,942 posts, read 5,996,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
When someone spends every waking moment thinking about the other person, when they call 100 times because the phone is not answered, when they get angry when you are too busy with friends to talk, when they follow you without letting you know they are there, when they question you incessantly about every move you make, they claim that they just love you too much. That is not about love at all; it is about ownership.
That's a stalker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 12:06 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,914,439 times
You can love someone too much.

I have seen people who love someone so much they endure abuse.

We all have to be encouraging to these ones that are blinded by "love." Well, it's not love at all, it's a state of infatuation. The thought of being in love but not really getting it right.

Like jumping in the boat and drifting off. Sometimes it's best to test out the boat with one foot in and one foot on shore first. Nothing like pushing off and seeing a large hole in the boat after you head off.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,592 times
there is no such thing az loveing someone to much that means your soul mates

Old 05-28-2010, 12:32 PM

751 posts, read 1,671,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Is it possible to love someone too much and, if so, how do you know that's happening? Someone told a friend, "He's crazy. He loves you too much". That doesn't even make sense to me.

Clingly and needy is not good.But in my own opinion I doubt if I could ever love my bf too much or my two sons too much.

I'm the woman I am today because I was loved alot.I thrive on love and enjoy giving and recieving.I couldn't think of a better gift.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:43 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,499,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Is it possible to love someone too much and, if so, how do you know that's happening? Someone told a friend, "He's crazy. He loves you too much". That doesn't even make sense to me.
I can't see how this applies to your friends, even with the xtra info, it doesn't seem to fit. The person who said this could be wrong, but Its meaning will vary from person to person.

My own interpretation, the person who loves to much becomes crazy, their at an emotional disadvantage, crazy, isn't based in reality and irrational. As in crimes of passion for example.

The person in the relationship who doesn't love as much has the power position.

[/quote=funymann;14378455]
I have seen people who love someone so much they endure abuse.
.[/quote]
I believe it's one of the many reasons pl endure abuse depending on the personality and circumstance it could also make someone abusive.

Last edited by virgode; 05-28-2010 at 05:00 PM..

Old 05-28-2010, 03:59 PM

764 posts, read 1,555,100 times
I dont think it is as bad as other people have said. If anything they will be in love longer because it will take longer for his love to fade. After that maybe they will find a good medium.

Old 05-28-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maschuette View Post
I dont think it is as bad as other people have said. If anything they will be in love longer because it will take longer for his love to fade. After that maybe they will find a good medium.
It seems more a figure of speech than actual crazy, just as stupid could mean foolish.

Old 05-28-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
It seems more a figure of speech than actual crazy, just as stupid could mean foolish.
What do you mean? Are you saying that expression "love too much" means that the guy is crazy, possesive, clingy...maybe it does. My friends say that my wife loves me too much and she is a bit clingy. Personally i prefer clingy, it is better than kinda "loving" someone. Where do you draw the line?

Old 05-28-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maschuette View Post
What do you mean? Are you saying that expression "love too much" means that the guy is crazy, possesive, clingy...maybe it does. My friends say that my wife loves me too much and she is a bit clingy. Personally i prefer clingy, it is better than kinda "loving" someone. Where do you draw the line?
No, not what I meant," love to much" doesn't mean you're crazy.
So, in this case, crazy would be a figure of speech, bc the the OP has said crazy doesn't apply to this person, but loving to much can in some cases, make someone do some crazy things.

Last edited by virgode; 05-28-2010 at 04:57 PM..

Old 05-28-2010, 04:49 PM

I suppose your right. I still dont think it is neccessarily something negative. It could be though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships