Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 11:25 AM

94 posts, read 255,754 times

Advertisements

I finally did it.....I went to see a psychic. She is always on our local radio station so I finally made an appointment to see her. Cost me $30 bucks for 30 minutes, not bad huh. Anyway, I went to her because I've been having so many doubts about my current relationship. He cheated a while back and I wanted to know if he's been faithful since. I'm moving to Nebraska for him in the summer and wanted to make sure he was worth it.

The positive of the experience was.....she said he has cheated since. She confirmed he loves me and reassured me that his understanding of communication and love are not what they should be and that I have to be patient with him. He has a fear that I'll leave him and for what ever reason he likes to test me. He also tells little lies, she couldn't understand why. She said it's nothing major.

The negative of the experience was....that he'll disappoint me next month and that the relationship will end in April so for obvious reasons does not see Nebraska in my future.

My intensions was to find out if he's been faithful and if he loves me and although I got that answered I feel more confused than ever. I have some friends telling me that's why you should see a psychic. Others say just do me, let him do him and see what happens. I'm even more confused than I was before.

Anyone have any suggestions or comments? Am I supposed to follow the psychics lead? Am I supposed to keep doing what I'm doing?

Old 01-19-2009, 11:34 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,278,843 times
Default Huh?

You overpaid. Bull shyt is free.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:21 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,342,445 times
I predict if you keep on posting this kind of threads on the relationship section they will be removed. There is no charge for this advise.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:26 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,492,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I predict if you keep on posting this kind of threads on the relationship section they will be removed. There is no charge for this advise.
A psychics job is to keep you confused so you keep coming back with $$. I hate to pee on your parade but you have NO relationship if it has come to the point of visiting a psychic. I'd say goodbye Nebraska! PS- What was the name you posted your boyfriend/moving to Nebraska question on last year?

Old 01-19-2009, 12:33 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,342,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
A psychics job is to keep you confused so you keep coming back with $$. I hate to pee on your parade but you have NO relationship if it has come to the point of visiting a psychic. I'd say goodbye Nebraska! PS- What was the name you posted your boyfriend/moving to Nebraska question on last year?
Hey Capt. are you sure you quoted the right person?

Old 01-19-2009, 12:37 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,585,914 times
You follow your psychic's advice to decide what's going on in your relationship... I see...

Old 01-19-2009, 12:39 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
My intensions was to find out if he's been faithful and if he loves me and although I got that answered I feel more confused than ever. I have some friends telling me that's why you should see a psychic. Others say just do me, let him do him and see what happens. I'm even more confused than I was before.

Anyone have any suggestions or comments? Am I supposed to follow the psychics lead? Am I supposed to keep doing what I'm doing?
When I was a little girl we would pick a daisy then pluck each petal off individually, he loves me ....he loves me not...he loves me...the last petal will be your answer!

Old 01-19-2009, 12:41 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,242,232 times
I'd never put much trust into a psychic's readings. It's best to consider it as entertainment and nothing more. I dated a well-known psychic for a couple months. She too had a weekly radio show and also published a monthly magazine. She had no special psychic powers, however. Your psychic doesn't either.

If you're in a long-distance relationship and he's cheated once, odds are he's cheated more than once. If he said he loves you, chances are he meant it. Most people also tell little lies now and then, usually when telling the truth would cause hurt or get them into trouble. If you're looking for a disappointment next month you'll probably find it. That's not psychic powers, it's just odds.

Moving across country for a relationship is a gamble; sometimes it pays off and sometimes it doesn't. What is he putting on the table? Is he paying for the move? Can you afford to move yourself back and get your job back if it doesn't work out? (Hint: keep some money in a savings account so you have options.)

Old 01-19-2009, 12:43 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinamalia702 View Post
The negative of the experience was....that he'll disappoint me next month and that the relationship will end in April so for obvious reasons does not see Nebraska in my future.
You better make sure you don't turn such "readings" into self-fulfilling prophecies, even though in this case I don't see any prize worth keeping anyway.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:00 PM

1,477 posts, read 6,022,500 times
Next time you go and spend 30 bucks ask her for the winning lotto numbers....if she cant provide them....well get my drift....the world is full of gullible people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships