Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 05:15 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
For better for worse, for richer for poorer, for health or whatever...bla bla bla....... But when it comes to shutting down in the sex department which most all women do after about a year into the marriage, then goodbye, it was nice knowin ya.

[mod cut]

You have obviously chosen poorly every time you have married (3, right?). But it's not fair to blame ALL women for your troubles with a few of them. Take some responsibility for your own happiness, your own sex life and learn from your mistakes. I'm betting if you did some things differently you too could find a woman who would actually stay married and have sex with you for the rest of your life

Last edited by mrstewart; 05-28-2010 at 05:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 05:19 PM

764 posts, read 1,557,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Good financial planning does not mean there won't be unexpected catastrophes. Sure, it's wise thing to be on the same page as your partner when it comes to managing your money. And yes, money issues and the stress they cause are listed as the number one reason for divorce.

But in many cases freedom from money worries just gives you more time to think about the things that are lacking in the relationship. Having money and no financial concerns is hardly a vaccination against divorce.

You've found a formula that is working for you - hooray! But don't think for one minute that marriage is such a simple thing that this would have to work for everybody - in some cases money has absolutely NOTHING to do with the breakdown of a marriage.
Your right, there is no simple formula, im just trying to better my chances every way that i can. And im not saying that having money solves all problems, but it is one less problem, and that problem is a BIG one. And financial planning was only one plan to help a married couple, they should plan all they can, including family planning and having a relationship plan. If people worked on their marriages and were proactive than they would have a better chance of success.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:28 PM

Hey redisca, i apologized on my last post but it got deleted by a moderator, just to let you know.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:30 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,684,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maschuette View Post
But many women do see a man as a means to an end, in marriage and in divorce. Dont act like it doesnt happen.
Many men do too. Don't act like it doesn't happen. So what's your point? When I said that marriage is a means to an end, I meant that its purpose is to make people's lives better -- rather than for people's lives to be miserable in order to prop up the holy grail of marriage.

Quote:
But i saw a show on the discovery channel that showed women are more attracted to men with money and status. Who Knew?
If the Discovery Channel made a show about how women are more attracted to brains and accomplishment than to mediocre bums, it would be a boring show -- plus, it would bruise the ego of mediocre bums. So let's say instead women are attracted to men with money and status -- that will get the blood of certain folks like you boiling.

By the way, I've seen lots of shows that demonstrates that many men are rapists. Who knew? Should you be under suspicion? Also, most violent crime is committed by men. I know that because TV told me. How would it make it okay for me to make such assumptions about individuals?

Quote:
Hey redisca, i apologized on my last post but it got deleted by a moderator, just to let you know.
Okay, accepted.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:38 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
There are many sites to debunk the theory on autistic children and divorce rate. I was reading on autism the other day (I have an autistic sibling) and there was mention in the particular site, that stated otherwise, depends on what you read and credibility of the site.
Autism May Not Be Driving Parents Toward Higher Divorce Rates - Divorce - The Houston Family Law Blog
Autism Families: High Divorce Rate Is a Myth - MedicineNet - Health and Medical Information Produced by Doctors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Which is an exception to the rule. There is evidence, for example (and no, I can't produce a link) that parents of autistic children have something like an 80% divorce rate within 5 years of diagnosis. This is an indication that, perhaps due to certain aspects of human psychology, severe crisis has a tendency to alienate spouses, not bring them together. You can certainly admire people who beat the odds, but I think it would be a little too flippant to suggest that those who don't did something wrong.
Edit, its possible the marriages with autistic children may have divorced for one or another reason.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
There are many sites to debunk the theory on austic children and divorce rate. I was reading on autism the other day (I have an autistic sibling) and there was mention in the particular site, that stated otherwise, tidepends on what you read and credibility of the site.
Autism May Not Be Driving Parents Toward Higher Divorce Rates - Divorce - The Houston Family Law Blog
Autism Families: High Divorce Rate Is a Myth - MedicineNet - Health and Medical Information Produced by Doctors
Fair enough -- but no evidence of a lower divorce rate either, which would be expected if such things really did bring people closer.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:43 PM

The show i saw on discovery was more scientific then i let on. It also stated that men are primarily interested in physical appearance just as women are primarily interested in social status, it has to do with instincts, nothing social or political about it. I'm not trying to counter your point, just trying to stick up for the Discovery channel.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
The show i saw on discovery was more scientific then i let on. It also stated that men are primarily interested in physical appearance just as women are primarily interested in social status, it has to do with instincts, nothing social or political about it. I'm not trying to counter your point, just trying to stick up for the Discovery channel.
This is beyond the scope of this thread, but evo psych is as unscientific as it gets. Some day, our descendants will laugh at us for taking it seriously. And I don't care that it's on TV.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
This is beyond the scope of this thread, but evo psych is as unscientific as it gets. Some day, our descendants will laugh at us for taking it seriously. And I don't care that it's on TV.
They backed it by social experiment.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
They backed it by social experiment.
They might have said that, but evo psych experiments do not comply with the Scientific Method. As such their results are unreliable to the point of being utterly worthless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships