Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 07:28 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
You can't call the willing "slaves".

There are still women today who would prefer being a housewife over working.
Exactly...those who were not willing took immediately to the opportunity to go get jobs. Those who were willing to stay home did so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 11:24 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
Yep, TKramar, Braunwyn's right. You seem to be on the wrong side of the line that separates courtly, chivalrous men from narrow-minded sexists.
Is it narrow minded to make the assumption that the disabled and mentally ill do not deserve to be in relationships, as she does? Those people need love too.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:14 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,419,035 times
Quote:
Is it narrow minded to make the assumption that the disabled and mentally ill do not deserve to be in relationships, as she does? Those people need love too.
Where on earth did anyone make such an assumption? You are equating women being "in relationships" with being "dependent" and that's all we've been talking about. Your refusal to accept that women should expect the same freedom to find fulfillment in their lives as men, doing whatever makes them happy, is what's sexist. Taking a position that women in general should be satisfied with a supporting role in life is what's narrow-minded.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:17 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Get your head out of your rear end. Of course I think the mentally ill deserve to be in a relationships if they want. As stated, there is somebody for pretty much everybody.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Get your head out of your rear end. Of course I think the mentally ill deserve to be in a relationships if they want. As stated, there is somebody for pretty much everybody.
Then why did you make it an issue when I said I dated those people? You seemed to imply those people were somehow "less" than others.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:21 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Then why did you make it an issue when I said I dated those people? You seemed to imply those people were somehow "less" than others.
Not less than, no way would I say or think that. OTOH, options are certainly limited and reasoned decision making might be a challenge leaving them vulnerable to as$hats.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:33 PM

You made the implication that "Well, if that's all you can get..." as if they were somehow less than other people. They're not. At least I look deeper into people, and don't make judgements about them mainly about how they look, instead of who they are.

Fat and nice? Doesn't bother me. Skinny and a b*tch? That does.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
See, that sounds like you're referring to women at large, rather than the women that would spend time with you.
If I have one role, then the women involved with me has hers. Instead of trying to do too many things at once, we could each concentrate our energies on one or the other task.

If I'm bringing income into the household, then I don't need anyone else to do it. I need someone to do those things I'm not good at. Cooking, cleaning.

You know what it means when the smoke detector goes off in my home? Dinner's ready.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:59 PM

37,461 posts, read 61,388,499 times
Quote:
If I have one role, then the women involved with me has hers. Instead of trying to do too many things at once, we could each concentrate our energies on one or the other task.

If I'm bringing income into the household, then I don't need anyone else to do it. I need someone to do those things I'm not good at. Cooking, cleaning. ...
I see; so you role is to bring home the bacon and her role is to be bare-foot and pregnant.

Old 06-10-2010, 06:01 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
There is this thing called the multi-quote button....quite handy really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships