Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2010, 05:08 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Question: If a woman is satisfied with her job, and wants to continue making lots of money, why would she even be concerned with finding a relationship? She has a spouse already--her job.
Love, human contact, friendship, gardening together (trust me, two is better than one), going to the beach with the dog (again, with our dog two is better), more gardening, building the kitchen floor, sharing a hobby (photography and painting on my end), spinning records together, spinning shows (crowds love couple performers) teaching, sex, massages, biking together, camping together, Frisbee, volleyball, etc. Those are just some of things I've done with my spouse this past year that my career could not give. I certainly love science, but it's only one of many things I love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 05:10 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Love, human contact, friendship, gardening together (trust me, two is better than one), going to the beach with the dog (again, with our dog two is better), more gardening, building the kitchen floor, sharing a hobby (photography and painting on my end), spinning records together, spinning shows (crowds love couple performers) teaching, sex, massages, biking together, camping together, Frisbee, volleyball, etc. Those are just some of things I've done with my spouse this past year that my career could not give. I certainly love science, but it's only one of many things I love.
You could do those things with various friends, instead of with a spouse.

What's missing? (you can get just plain "human contact" at work--or even on the Internet)

Old 05-29-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
You could do those things with various friends, instead of with a spouse.
No way. I have a lot of friends, best friends, but nothing beats family and that's what a spouse is, family. The older I get the more I understand.

Quote:
What's missing? (you can get just plain "human contact" at work--or even on the Internet)
Nothing is missing. I have my husband and we share our life together. He's worth far more than any amount of cash. I can easily earn cash.

Old 05-29-2010, 05:21 PM

4,489 posts, read 10,945,482 times
Quote:
My spouse is my confidant, my supporter, my partner in crime. He's my best friend. I'm not sure how my job could fulfill any of those roles.

Why would you need a supporter if you were secure?
I don't follow. I don't need a supporter--but it's awfully nice to have.

Old 05-29-2010, 05:24 PM

121 posts, read 192,292 times
Quote:
Women do not want any of those things I highlighted.

Old 05-29-2010, 05:24 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,547 times
Quote:
You state that for a man to be a man he's a provider.
I said that men have a natural desire to be the provider and anyone that stands in his way of achieving that which he desires as a man is emasculating him.
Quote:
You state that a homemaker is nurturing, not a provider (when a woman is doing it at least).
No, a man who does that isn't providing either.
Quote:
Then you state you would be a homemaker. So, you are either claiming that you're willing not to be a real man or you're contradicting yourself.
I also said it's important for a man to feel as if he is contributing. On a personal level as long as I was contributing, then I would probably be fine. But I would definitely feel a sting when I thought that the money that I was spending came from my wife's labor.

I can see where my replies might have seemed contradictory, but rest assured, they are not. Even if I might not be the best specimen of "Man" I do understand Men. If I was the homemaker, I would probably feel less of a man. But it would be better for the children for me to be at home with them than for them to be raised by strangers in daycare.

Quote:
You are the one that feels you have the right to lead, which is holding dominion.
hahaha. I almost posted this but I wanted to give you benefit of the doubt...

You think leadership = dominion, but it doesn't. That is my point about preferential treatment being the flipside of leadership. They balance each other out so the couple remains equal without either holding dominion over the other.

Quote:
What does leadership mean if not having ownership over what they are leading.
You are describing being in charge, not leadership. A leader without a follower is a lone wolf. I am talking about a relationship where one is the leader and the other is the follower. The person leading (especially in a personal relationship) MUST lead for the benefit of the follower, or he (or she) is holding dominion. If you lead to benefit yourself then your SO is your slave. Sound like any bossy nagging wives you know?

Old 05-29-2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulder999 View Post
Women do not want any of those things I highlighted.
The women, or should I say girls/children given your age, that associate with you do not want any of those things...with you. But, you're not that young (15-16 right?), so your situation might not change that much in the years to come. Who knows. I wish you the best as a young person and recommend lots of reading (of books, not asinine message boards) and camping. Get your ass to the woods.

Old 05-29-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
The women, or should I say girls/children given your age, that associate with you do not want any of those things...with you. But, you're not that young (15-16 right?), so your situation might not change that much in the years to come. Who knows. I wish you the best as a young person and recommend lots of reading (of books, not asinine message boards) and camping. Get your ass to the woods.
No, women do not want any of those things with men period.

Old 05-29-2010, 05:35 PM

4,489 posts, read 10,945,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulder999 View Post
No, women do not want any of those things with men period.
lol, I beg to differ. Women want all those things.

Well, except gardening, maybe. I'm not a fan of getting my hands dirty, personally

Old 05-29-2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
lol, I beg to differ. Women want all those things.

Well, except gardening, maybe. I'm not a fan of getting my hands dirty, personally
Women do not want to love men, Women do not want contact with men, Women do not want friendship with men and Women defenitley do not want sex with men... It really is delusional to think otherwise. Women would rather be single or with another women than with a man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships