Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 12:15 AM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
They do no drugs, don't smoke, don't drink, a vegetarian health nut. They look 15 years younger then their birth certificate says.

Can he/she be too straight arrow? Would you be willing to accept one major fault? All faults?

Can this person be attractive to you?
No, I don't want to be with a health freak, for lack of a better term. Yet, I don't want to be with a druggie chick either.

I want someone in the middle, like I think most people do, someone who can have a couple glasses of wine, someone who can enjoy a steak, yet have empathy for how the animal is treated. I don't think life has to be so black and white.

I don't believe that we are biologically wired to be vegetarians, I mean just look at the animal kingdom, we are just like them, to a degree. The lion has no quams about eating a lamb or a gazelle.

I can see how animal rights activists can get upset about bad treatment of animals, and I agree, I don't want to see that either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 12:17 AM

769 posts, read 1,013,298 times
No drugs will suffice, the rest is rather redundant

and no i would never date a vegetarian

Old 05-29-2010, 12:49 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,881,596 times
If i can accept her the way she is ..and she accepts me the way i am .. i think we're even then .. and thats only possible if we're attracted to eachother in someway .. it's often difficult to understand whats the attraction quotient lol .. its something that one cannot live without eachother .. despite the differences ..theres something which holds you like you're bonded forever .. even after a divorce or breakup .. somewhere in the corner of your heart someones there for quite sometime

Old 05-29-2010, 01:18 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,073,491 times
They may be more likely to be physically attractive but I'd probably find them boring as hell if they didn't do at least one of the above. I'm not saying she has to be a glutton, chain smoking, binge drinking crackwhore, but you need a little something to enjoy yourself once in a while.

Old 05-29-2010, 03:28 AM

627 posts, read 1,295,648 times
Absolutely.

Old 05-29-2010, 03:54 AM

272 posts, read 640,065 times
I would think that's great for them, but I would imagine that they would want to date someone with a similar lifestyle. So no I couldn't date them. I love my beer and steak too much.

Old 05-29-2010, 05:13 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Yes, must be a vegetarian or at least pesci. No drinking? As in we would never go to a wine tasting? I've really come to enjoy fine dining as well, and alcohol is a part of the mix for me. I wouldn't want a partner actively partying, but I probably wouldn't mesh well with someone that lived the straight and narrow their whole lives.

Old 05-29-2010, 05:28 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Quote:
They do no drugs, don't smoke, don't drink, a vegetarian health nut. They look 15 years younger then their birth certificate says.

Can he/she be too straight arrow? Would you be willing to accept one major fault? All faults?

The sticking part is "health nut". I'm not really interested in anyone that has a driving passion, no matter what it is. I could forego eating meat at home, but she shouldn't complain if *I* order a Whopper. As long as she still lets me make my own decisions about my own health, it might not be too bad.

I don't do drugs, no longer smoke (mostly financial reasons), and don't drink. So we're pretty much on the same track.

Old 05-29-2010, 06:40 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,381,037 times
Quote:

How much of a vegetarian health nut this person is? If he would lecture me every time I eat steak, it would not work.

Old 05-29-2010, 06:52 AM

3,486 posts, read 5,683,751 times
Everything is good within reason. I understand that "within reason" is a blurry concept, but that's the best I can come up with. I couldn't be attracted to an alcoholic, chain-smoking greasy slob who eats pork rinds all day. But a "health nut" who won't indulge in a vice on occasion or who obsessively scans food labels wouldn't do it for me either. I like men who generally take good care of themselves, but who still prefer their life to be good, rather than long; who can get a little drunk occasionally and act a little silly; who can smoke a cigar once in a while without worrying about it giving them cancer; and enjoy dinner on a Friday night without obsessing about the calories. Generally speaking, I like people who have a little bit of the devil in them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships