Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 02:32 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times

Advertisements

The guy next door to me has a rider mower and just does my front yard when he does his. I bought a new mower for the back yard this year and then the doctor said absolutely nothing - do nothing until I see him again. I looked in craigslist and found someone who lived by me and did an over grown acre for $40 so you can find people out there that are affordable. I called several and took the first person that called because it hadn't been mowed all year and it's fenced so he couldn't use the rider back there. From here out the guy would only charge me $20.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2010, 02:34 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
He's telling you the yard is his job, but the neighbors are cutting your grass. Maybe he loved the yard but realizes he bit off more than he can chew and doesn't want to put in the time.

I might be assuming, but I'm thinking you've worked and done everything in the past and neglecting the yard is the icing on the cake. You shouldn't have to coach him everyday to do what he said he'll do, pay someone to do the job, out his hard earned money or have you no access to any money either?

Old 05-30-2010, 06:48 AM

622 posts, read 1,664,739 times
Go mow the lawn. Pitch a fit if he comes out and yells at you.

If I were you, Id move back to the city anyway.. guy sounds like an ass.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:42 AM

751 posts, read 1,673,257 times
I was married to a man who did absolutely nothing around the home inside or outside.
To solve the problem we moved into a complex where the yard work was done by the owners help.

Old 05-30-2010, 09:17 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,302,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxerlady View Post
In fact the ONLY thing I ask him to do on a regular basis is mow the yard. My yard is about 2 ft tall if that tells you how much he does it. I try bugging him, I try saying nothing. I try protesting by not cooking, cleaning or doing laundry. I try talking to him. NONE OF IT WORKS. He works a very demanding job with long hard hours so I try to be understanding............to a point. I have offered to mow and he says no. I am unemployed so at this point hiring someone isn't an opition. When I ask him when he'll do it his answer is "when I feel like it." I have gotten to the point were I am going to report my own yard to the city because it just makes me sick to look at it. Our neighbors have already mowed 3 times to his once. Our yard is an eye-sore. Does any one else have this issue????
I would just get someone to do it. He may have promised to take it on, but maybe he doesn't see it as a priority or as the eye-sore you do. I actually had the same issue with my husband. He insisted that he should mow the lawn instead of paying for a landscaper to come regularly. He researched lawn mowers, bought one and got it all set up.... but for whatever reason never found the time to mow. Our lawn was an embarrassment.

Then one day, I asked the landscaper doing my neighbor's lawn to do ours as well. My husband got home and was shocked but I think he was secretly relieved.

Old 05-30-2010, 01:11 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
Geez 3 pages long and only one person linked sex to the situation but suggested using it as a weapon rather then a motivator. How wrong!!! Rather then say you ain't gettin any if you don't mow the lawn, since you said you are both a great couple then offer a treat if he mows the lawn. And offer a special one if he does a good job with that ol lawn.

Shortly this will become a learned habit for him if he is rewarded and when you wake up Saturday mornings from that point on, you will not be waking up to an alarm but to the sweet sound of a gas lawn mower putt putting through the good ol American dream landscape of green and weeds.

You women are born experts at using sex as a tool, you are the boss with the golden triangle, why not learn to use it properly, kindly and politely rather then as a weapon. Who knows.......you might even find a new spark in your relationship. Don't any woman dare say trading sex for chores is like prostitution. It ain't even trading. Don't even go there because the men here will bombard you with the longest thread in City Data history. You will lose.

To the OP:
If you really want your lawn done, try this and then come back to tell everyone about your success.

Old 05-30-2010, 02:58 PM

483 posts, read 555,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxerlady View Post
I tried doing it once and yelled at me saying "it was HIS job". Plus we don't have a flat yard its a very hard yard to mow. We live in the country and have an acre, a very hilly, oddly shaped acre. If I lived in the city with a flat fenced in yard I would have no problem doing it. He fell in love with the house and I told him we could live here under the agreement he would have to take care of the yard. I did it all the time before we moved here. I have even threatened moving back to the city if he doesnt start. We have a great relationship, this is only issue we have.
If this is the ONLY issue you have, you are blessed.

Old 05-30-2010, 02:59 PM

Reward systems are for children....hmmm... yeah your right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Geez 3 pages long and only one person linked sex to the situation but suggested using it as a weapon rather then a motivator. How wrong!!! Rather then say you ain't gettin any if you don't mow the lawn, since you said you are both a great couple then offer a treat if he mows the lawn. And offer a special one if he does a good job with that ol lawn.

Shortly this will become a learned habit for him if he is rewarded and when you wake up Saturday mornings from that point on, you will not be waking up to an alarm but to the sweet sound of a gas lawn mower putt putting through the good ol American dream landscape of green and weeds.

You women are born experts at using sex as a tool, you are the boss with the golden triangle, why not learn to use it properly, kindly and politely rather then as a weapon. Who knows.......you might even find a new spark in your relationship. Don't any woman dare say trading sex for chores is like prostitution. It ain't even trading. Don't even go there because the men here will bombard you with the longest thread in City Data history. You will lose.

To the OP:
If you really want your lawn done, try this and then come back to tell everyone about your success.

Old 05-30-2010, 03:18 PM

483 posts, read 555,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Reward systems are for children....hmmm... yeah your right.
God forbid the man haters on here pass up an opportunity to bash...

Old 05-30-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galagaone View Post
God forbid the man haters on here pass up an opportunity to bash...
It was more a joke, don't get your panies in a twist.

Theres certainly more than one way of looking at this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships