Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 09:28 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,552,800 times

Advertisements

Something about this thread made me think of this. LOL

YouTube - Schick: Mow The Lawn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 09:39 AM

791 posts, read 1,425,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cieramc View Post
Always give it when he wants it and you will be amazed at how fast that lawn gets mowed!!!
exactly! its amazing that most women don`t know this.....it gets the house painted, the trash taken out and the lawn done. and the car maintained

Old 05-31-2010, 11:13 AM

1,113 posts, read 3,493,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthere View Post
exactly! its amazing that most women don`t know this.....it gets the house painted, the trash taken out and the lawn done. and the car maintained
Oh really?

It's amazing that most men don't know this...when the house gets painted, the trash gets taken out, the lawn gets mowed, and the car maintained....then they'll get laid.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:49 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,423,256 times
I personally think that exchanging sex for favors always ends up badly.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:57 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Instead of criticizing him and hurting his pride, you should be building him up by telling him how much you APPRECIATE that he works long hours to support the family. If you nag him about something then he KNOWS he can "push your buttons" by ignoring the very thing you are nagging about. It's his way of controlling the situation. If you remove that button, then you remove his desire to use it to control your emotions.

Buy a copy of "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" and I guarantee that if you practice what that book preaches, your husband will swim through shark infested waters to mow your lawn. Trust me it works, it works, IT WORKS.

20yrsinBranson

Old 06-01-2010, 12:35 PM

951 posts, read 1,810,619 times
Buy some sheep

Old 06-01-2010, 01:07 PM

751 posts, read 1,673,257 times
I just do most things myself.Better then arguing about it.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:38 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
You're unemployed, he's working his butt off, and you're complaining about the yard.

One of these days, after having a really stressful day at work, he may just come home, hear you complain about the yard, mow the yard finally with a big smile on his face, save the clippings and empty them on your living room floor or on top of the bed you sleep in.

You never worry about that happening?
Have some of you not read the part where he yells at her when she mows and although he is "working his butt off", actually she said working long hours, they cant afford to hire someone to mow. I dont know why your giving her such crap. They move to a home with a huge yard (his idea) with an agreement that he would do the yard work, he wont and wont let her.

Now that I got that off my chest. I had to divorce my dh to get him to mow. Ten years and he mowed 2 and 1/2 times. Now that Im gone he keeps the yard mowed!

Old 06-01-2010, 02:41 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Have some of you not read the part where he yells at her when she mows and although he is "working his butt off", actually she said working long hours, they cant afford to hire someone to mow. I dont know why your giving her such crap. They move to a home with a huge yard (his idea) with an agreement that he would do the yard work, he wont and wont let her.

Now that I got that off my chest. I had to divorce my dh to get him to mow. Ten years and he mowed 2 and 1/2 times. Now that Im gone he keeps the yard mowed!
Of course he yells at her. His pride is hurt. It is a slap in the face to him for her mow the lawn and he is angry and defensive about it. Does NO ONE understand the male psyche? *sigh*

20yrsinBranson

Old 06-02-2010, 06:38 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Of course he yells at her. His pride is hurt. It is a slap in the face to him for her mow the lawn and he is angry and defensive about it. Does NO ONE understand the male psyche? *sigh*

20yrsinBranson
Boo Hooo. Then he should get up off his bum and mow it!
Im sorry thats just childish to refuse to do it yourself then get mad when someone else is forced to do it for you.
A relationship is two people. It is not just about the poor male psyche and coddling and stroking his ego. She would like her yard not to look like a hay field, does no one understand the female psyche?. He agreed to take on this responsibility and is not upholding his responsibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships