Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 06:11 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times

Advertisements

Having been a sailor for over 20 years, I have known a few guys who bragged like that.

However most do not.

One time I came home and our house had 20 church ladies finishing a luncheon. I avoided the rooms they were in, and did some stuff in another room. I clearly over-heard very disturbing details they were sharing about their husbands. I was shocked. That was 25 years ago, and to this day I have never heard men discussing details of their GFs/Dws like those ladies were.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 06:57 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times
I've been around a few ladies' groups like that and I've thought more than once if their men knew the sheer detail these women shared it would be pretty upsetting. I know with two of the groups my own SO's were right there among them, just passing out all kinds of detailed info and I've thought that while I appreciate the kudos, just what business of other women are the specifics?!?

This has happened in both the civilian and military lifestyles.

I've known a few men who were like that as well but I've never heard the kind of detail gone into by men in groups, not like with the women. And I'm not saying all men do this but in the groups where I've participated, any guy who started really offering up that kind of detail got shut down with cries of "TMI!" and "Hey, hey -- we really don't need the play-by-play!"

One difference I have noticed:

The women I've been around did this far more often and in far greater detail, BUT they talked about both the good and the bad, both eliciting eagerness -- although admittedly, if a man was disliked then the bad was received and then his entire character was discussed disparagingly.

The men I've been around did this far less often and typically shut the teller down, BUT I've also noticed if the target of the conversation was a woman whom the group collectively disliked, then every detail was shared intimately to eager ears.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:12 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I have a friend/coworker who is way too open about her sex life. I actually got a text one night from her about a romp with a guy that went something like "I got it in my eye." That's not the worst of it.

The worst being it got in her hair too.

I know I know, shame on you LK, you dirty and twisted individual. It is just that sometimes I read a post and these "thoughts" just come ....er come into my mind.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:15 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
I have couple of male friends like that... I don't care whether or not they are honest or just showing off, because I love hearing those type of stories.

I may say things about my sex life in a very joking type of manner, so it's hard to tell whether I'm just kidding or serious. Nothing specific.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:22 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Damn, I've never had fun friends like that! I'm always missing on fun! I don't do it, ever. A bragging man would be a total turn-off to me. Good products and services don't need any advertising!

Old 06-01-2010, 09:24 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
While I don't believe in kissing and telling, some people hold nothing back when it comes to talking about their sex lives. Sometimes to the point of unbelief or stupidity, I haven't figured out which yet.
Sounds like 90% of all high school boys. Honest, most of us were super-studs. We told each other that all the time along with the accompanying story of how we laid the last of the cheerleaders just yesterday.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:49 PM

476 posts, read 1,134,858 times
Quote:
I agree. I brought this up because my husband has a friend and every time he sees him...he is always bragging about how many women he's been with, explicit details of what they did, pointing out the women at the gym. It made me wonder why he does this and why he feels the need to discuss this EVERY time they are together?
He does it because your husband tolerates it, enjoys it, maybe even encourages it. Your hubby isn't in high school or stuck on a navy ship, so he can mindfully choose his friends and the company he keeps. If hubs is receptive to these stories, of course his friend will keep them coming. Seems perfectly natural to me.

I've never had a friend who repeatedly did something I respectfully asked them not to. If that was the case, we just didn't remain friends.

Quote:
Do you kiss and tell if you are out with them and they start sharing?
'Course I discuss sex with my buddies, both male and female. Normally, it's when I want to expand my repertoire , am sought out for advice, have a funny story, or comparing superlatives, "best of/worst of".

Old 06-01-2010, 10:03 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Come on, admit it. We've all had that ONE friend who always seems to have the most outrageous sex life....at least by their account.

While I don't believe in kissing and telling, some people hold nothing back when it comes to talking about their sex lives. Sometimes to the point of unbelief or stupidity, I haven't figured out which yet.

Do you have one of these friends...several? If so, do you believe their stories? Do you kiss and tell if you are out with them and they start sharing?

Grew out of that when I met the wasband, back in my early 30s.

However, in my early 20s, a post-date recap among girlfriends would always begin with, "Did you touch it?"

Old 06-01-2010, 11:21 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Grew out of that when I met the wasband, back in my early 30s.

However, in my early 20s, a post-date recap among girlfriends would always begin with, "Did you touch it?"
Tried to rep ya, you know the drill....

LMAO @ "Did you touch it."

Old 06-02-2010, 08:18 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
While I might speak of it, I'm not identifying them by name or other unique characteristics.

"And all the boys there at the bar began to sing along...
If you'll be my Dixie Chicken, I'll be your Tennessee lamb..
."

YouTube - Little Feat Dixie Chicken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships