Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 02:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,233 times

Advertisements

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Ok, here goes, [/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman] I moved in with a man going through a divorce. Well after about three months we began getting close and sleeping together. Well, here is the problem, I am falling for him and he is still in love with the soon to be ex. (they also have a 2 year old)…. We sleep together most nights and it’s NOT about sex… We have had but more often than not we don’t…. He says a lot that he likes sleeping with me (as in JUST sleeping) we do cuddle a lot!! I like it a lot ….. Now I am wondering if I should push away because I really don’t know if he will try and get back with the soon to be ex ( she left him) or should I go for him??? We do enjoy each others company. We are still getting to know each other and from what I have learned he is a relationship man. What do I do ? I have NEVER been in a situation like this …. NOT sure what to do at all……[/FONT][/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 02:52 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,987,379 times
Move out ASAP!
He is not "available" - he is still tied in with his wife. Someone will get hurt - namely, YOU!

Pack your things & Move out!
Please take care of yourself.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:55 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanina View Post
[SIZE=3]Ok, here goes, [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] I moved in with a man going through a divorce. Well after about three months we began getting close and sleeping together. Well, here is the problem, I am falling for him and he is still in love with the soon to be ex. (they also have a 2 year old)…. We sleep together most nights and it’s NOT about sex… We have had but more often than not we don’t…. He says a lot that he likes sleeping with me (as in JUST sleeping) we do cuddle a lot!! I like it a lot ….. Now I am wondering if I should push away because I really don’t know if he will try and get back with the soon to be ex ( she left him) or should I go for him??? We do enjoy each others company. We are still getting to know each other and from what I have learned he is a relationship man. What do I do ? I have NEVER been in a situation like this …. NOT sure what to do at all……[/SIZE]
Tell him that when/if he gets a divorce to let you know. Until then, proceed with your life and find a single man who you can have a future with.

20yrsinBranson

Old 06-01-2010, 03:11 PM

1,034 posts, read 4,392,797 times
Quote:
[SIZE=3] I moved in with a man going through a divorce. Well after about three months we began getting close and sleeping together. Well, here is the problem, I am falling for him and he is still in love with the soon to be ex. (they also have a 2 year old)…. We sleep together most nights and it’s NOT about sex… We have had but more often than not we don’t…. He says a lot that he likes sleeping with me (as in JUST sleeping) we do cuddle a lot!! I like it a lot ….. Now I am wondering if I should push away because I really don’t know if he will try and get back with the soon to be ex ( she left him) or should I go for him??? We do enjoy each others company. We are still getting to know each other and from what I have learned he is a relationship man. What do I do ? I have NEVER been in a situation like this …. NOT sure what to do at all……[/SIZE]
You are going to get hurt here. If I were you I would protect my feelings and end this now. He is not emotionally ready to be involved with someone new. I even question why he is divorcing if he is in love with his wife.

I've been in a situation like this. Wife leaves man for another man and takes kids with her. Man is devastated and confused and looks to new women to find comfort, me being one of those dumb women. He talked constantly about his ex, even to my friends and family. I got dumped very quickly and he was on to another.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:23 PM

44,359 posts, read 20,063,008 times
Move out. Otherwise, you will be hurt, terribly. If you two are meant to be a couple, that may become apparent after he is divorced and truly available. IMHO, this is way too soon for him to be contemplating a new relationship.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:24 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times
What you've read so far is right. This guy is still attached and also has a young child. You're setting yourself up for some very unpleasant problems and I don't think anything good is going to come of it. Get away from this situation ASAP for your own good.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:45 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,326,170 times
Quote:
What do you have left to go after? I mean, you've already moved in with him, sleep with him...what else is there? He can't marry you....he's already married. He doesn't love you...you have admitted he still loves his wife. Am I missing something?

Sounds like he's got someone to fill the void of his bed until the Mrs. comes back. I don't know what your definition of "relationship man" is but to me...it's not having a "relationship with another woman while I'm still married." Perhaps you need to re-think this situation and ask yourself if you're ready for the hearbreak that is surely to come if you continue this relationship.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:59 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,383,442 times
What makes you think its not about sex? If he is sleeping with you but thinking of another, they yes, the sex i a big part of it.

He is rebounding with you. Run, like hell!

Old 06-01-2010, 04:04 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,220 times
My gf dated a guy separated from his wife for 5 yrs. She left him with their two kids. He was a very sweet guy. They never had sex, tho. After a month, he said, I'm not ready. I haven't gotten over my wife, yet.

You're a bed warmer. Just a sub from the wife. My opinion, the cuddling is he feels guilty. He's betraying his wife by having sex with you. If, she comes home -- he'll kick you out. If you want to continue the relationship -- get your own apt. This could end badly for you.

I know you like/love him. My gf said, the guy was the best she ever met. He was very passionate and a perfect gentlemen. Treated her like a lady. She still walked away, tho.

Take care!

Old 06-01-2010, 10:25 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:

WHY do you think so little of yourself that you would volunteer for such a situation??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships