Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2007, 06:28 AM

28,840 posts, read 30,072,374 times

Advertisements

I am a very affectionate person and when I know someone well, I find myself winking at them, when we share conversation...that goes for both male and female...

To me and for me, it means nothing more then a sign of affection, above and beyond professionalism...yanno? It is merely a sign of respect and saying, yes, I hear ya...????

It may also be a habit...and nothing more, then a person letting you know they are listening....?????

Creme
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2007, 07:14 PM

1,226 posts, read 3,635,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
Have you developed a tic? You know, maybe you have a nervous tic that makes you wink and they are just mirroring you unconsciously. JK
LOL! It's a shame I can't rep anyone for the next 16 or so hours...

Old 06-18-2007, 07:26 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,574,769 times
I've noticed that sometimes when I walk by women they close both of their eyes until I've passed. What does that mean??

Old 06-18-2007, 07:44 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,289,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I've noticed that sometimes when I walk by women they close both of their eyes until I've passed. What does that mean??
Thats a double wink that means they want you. It happens to me all the time.

Old 06-18-2007, 07:54 PM

1,712 posts, read 4,222,685 times
winks turn me on

Old 06-18-2007, 08:17 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,650,043 times
Don't go near them if they are winking/blinking like a toad in a hail storm.

Old 06-18-2007, 08:47 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,337,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Oh this is not good at all........!

Old 06-19-2007, 07:10 AM

2,721 posts, read 6,382,965 times
I do believe the last time a girl winked at me I walked out of the mall and as soon as I opened my truck door I noticed my fly was unzipped!

Old 06-19-2007, 08:05 AM

1,712 posts, read 4,222,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th generation View Post
I do believe the last time a girl winked at me I walked out of the mall and as soon as I opened my truck door I noticed my fly was unzipped!
LMAO!!!!!!!! you made my morning!

Old 06-19-2007, 10:54 AM

3,020 posts, read 25,674,056 times
Default Yes, you do need to be careful.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th generation View Post
If they are winking and rubbing, eyeing or fumbling with your fly then you can take the gesture as being serious. Especially if it is followed by a lick of the lips. Either her's or yours.

Other than that, if she winks at me, I tend to rub that same eye and watch for a repeat, maybe followed by some of the above.

Also watchout if she moves in and nudges you after the wink. They may just use the elbow but some have developed the technique using other body parts.

It is a wicked World out there, especially in Texas. Even worse during Political season, lots of peeps are giving out all kinds of winks.

I'm so glad you asked here. This is very important to fully understand. You can try the same thing. Wink at her and then allow your hand to drop to your fly area. See what type of reaction that gets. Just another means of effective trolling without being totally committed, remember it is all in being able to reject all claims if signals get crossed. If the wink is too bold, raised eyebrows may be subsituted, use the hand in a far more casual delayed action.

Never put your hands in your pockets. They may think you have a gun, especially in LA. Try watching what she does with her hands after the wink, the wink is only the opening move. About like picking up the batting sign from the 3rd base coach. When in doubt step out of the batter's box and stare at her. Just like in baseball, use the head with a Yeah / Naw type nod once you understand the signs.

Be careful if she is asking you to bunt after letting you swing away twice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships