Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 11:53 PM

791 posts, read 1,425,862 times

Advertisements

every woman should learn how to pole dance...puts them in shape and keeps them toned while teaching them how to grind correctly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 12:24 AM

1,994 posts, read 3,211,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthere View Post
every woman should learn how to pole dance...puts them in shape and keeps them toned while teaching them how to grind correctly
hehe!!

Old 06-04-2010, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
hehe!!
it`s true...some just think they know how..

Old 06-04-2010, 12:47 AM

52,202 posts, read 52,636,749 times
whats with women dancing around a pole, is it suppose to represent the "other" pole.

IDK.

I never thought chicks looked all that good doing that,I always seemed to think that they made some bad career choices.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:58 AM

1,994 posts, read 3,211,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthere View Post
it`s true...some just think they know how..
Oh Lord... I hope I haven't been one of those all these years!

Old 06-04-2010, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Oh Lord... I hope I haven't been one of those all these years!
i`m certain you haven`t.........but you know those types

Old 06-04-2010, 01:15 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,686 times
Quote:
Guys how would you feel if your girl came to you and told you she wanted to participate in one of these classes? Is my bf just being insecure or is he right? To me it just seemed like a bit of fun with your girlfriends!
It's not about us, it's about what your boyfriend finds to be unacceptable behavior. Either deal with it or move on. And another thing, fishing for acceptance by compete and total strangers for your wanting to do it is just going behind his back and on some layers a deceitful thing to do, like sowing seeds of discontent. Again, either accept his decision or don't. It's that simple. Stewing about it and seeking acceptance will serve you no good if you value your relationship.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:08 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,924,060 times
My girlfriend did.

I now have a pole in the spare bedroom for her to practice on.

Apparently the classes are great fun, and an extremely strenuous workout.

Yes, your boyfriend is being an ass if he doesn't like it. I'd maybe be more uncertain if she wanted to take it up professionally, but she's having great fun.

From reading your posts on various threads, I think if I was you, I'd be considering my future in this relationship. You sound extremely unhappy.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:16 AM

254 posts, read 414,865 times
In my opinion he is being insecure. As you said, you are not dancing scantily clad in front of men, you'd be in sweats with some girlfriends, trying to get a little exercise and have some fun. Why would he not want you to do something that was good for you and fun?

Old 06-04-2010, 05:23 AM

88 posts, read 302,488 times
I did pole-dancing classes for almost 2 years and LOVED it!

It's really tough and really trains your muscle. The first half a year was especially tough because my back muscles were weak. I had to ask my trainer to adjust my workout regime and focus more on my back & arms cuz I was having such a tough time in my pole-dancing classes--I actually needed to work out more OUTSIDE of my pole-dancing class to strengthen my back muscles so I could handle the level of physical intensity in my pole-dancing class!! hahaha

But once you get it it's amazing fun and you'll feel really accomplished.
It's like ballet (in terms of the physical demand). You need to have a lot of powerful force and extreme muscle-control to make the moves look elegant and graceful.

If your boyfriend doesn't think that deserves respect... then he's... weird, to say the least.

My boyfriend loves it.
He thinks it's sexy, it's beautiful, and he understands that it's very physically challenging and appreciates it.

More importantly, he loves it cuz I love it.
He loves it cuz it makes me happy and it's something I want to do, and he respects and encourages me to do what I want to do because he wants the woman he loves to be happy.
He loves it because it makes me happy, and he wants me to be happy.

Your guy sounds insecure and manipulative. True...he never "SAID" you couldn't do it, but he did it in a manipulative, passive-aggressive way. A way he knew would work.

He is STILL BEING passive-aggressive and manipulative NOW.

And you gave him permission to do it.

You gave him permission to treat you with his passive-aggressive attitude.

You train other people how they can treat you.

And also....Nobody can make you feel how you feel unless you ALLOW THEM TO.

So you allow him to manipulate you into not doing something you wanted to do and making you feel shame through his passive-aggression.

Both of you guys should communicate. It's not just about the pole-dancing class, but about how you communicate your wants and needs.

And girl, you shouldn't be with a guy who makes you feel how you are feeling.
If he truly loves you, he would think FOR YOU, and think about what YOU WANT and what makes you HAPPY and put that before his insecurities and bullshxt.

If he is wonderful in all other ways, very clearly tell him that you don't deserve his manipulative passive-aggressive attitude and tell him that you would appreciate him if he can understand this and understand that you deserve to do what you want to do because it makes you happy.

If he thinks lowly of pole-dancing, that is HIS issues that HE needs to work on. Not yours.
You will, however, forgive his issues and help him work through those issues--After your come back from your pole-dancing classes.

== == ==
Just wanted to add 2 videos of pole-dance performances.
Show your boyfriend this and let him know how OUTDATED his view of pole-dancing is.

1. Tango Pole-dance:
This is a couple who has combined Tango with Pole-dance....like combining 2 of the sexiest dances in the world.
It's beautifully done, and both dancers are amazing (esp. the guy!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=UWxc...os=uvEW5gLE2LY

2. Felix:
One of my fav pole-dancers in the world. This girl is INTENSE.
She was Miss Poledance Australia (and 2009 Miss World Pole Dance)

This is my fav:
http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=ia0u...eature=related

It's a celebration of physical beauty and physical power.
If this isn't artistic, beautiful, sensual while exhibiting an extremely high level of athleticism, I don't know what is.

Last edited by reneici; 06-04-2010 at 06:05 AM.. Reason: =
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships