Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think there's a man out there who would NOT cheat even if circumstances were just right?
MEN: Yes 40 42.11%
MEN: No 2 2.11%
WOMEN: Yes 48 50.53%
WOMEN: No 5 5.26%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 02:21 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,725,997 times

Advertisements

If it's getting in the way of him wanting to give his wife lovin' (physically or emotionally or even mentally) it's cheating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 02:26 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,725,997 times
I don't have to trust that a man won't cheat on me. I have to trust I will have the wisdom and the courage to walk away if he does cheat. It really is more about me trusting myself with this man.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:29 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
What do you mean, "doing a quickie"? A quickie, to me, is sex.
And to me a quicky is busting a nut or orgasm with or without someone else.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:33 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,104,492 times
Default Simple Yes or No answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Keep women and men answers separately, please. Add comment if you like but I'd like to see if anyone really has faith in men, including themselves.
I have faith in myself, and I have faith in my oldest son. As a business owner, I had six women working for me. Most of them were older ladies (by older I mean 40-60 years of age), and I had only one that was married. I had ample opportunity to get involved with everyone of them. They all liked me because I was kind to them and generous with bonus payments. I was propositioned only by one of these gals who left nothing to my imagination. Even the married one hinted of fun and games. I laughed off all the comments and suggestions and acted as though nothing had been said. As for my son, he has been in a marrage now that has lasted over twenty years. His wife could be an absolute great person if she would just allow her self to be so. But early in their marrage she dicided 'no SOB is going to treat me like my father treats my mother', so she over reacted. She does very little around the house, he does most of the cooking, quite a bit of the cleaning, thier two kids do laundry and some inside cleaning. The wife may as well stay in bed until noon and eat bon bons. She is very talented as an artist and with decorating, she has outstanding computer skills, even better than their own hired tax people who ask for her help. But she thinks it is her right to make all the business decisions. She has a pay check from the business, but no real job. She feels she has the right to tell her husband what he can and can't buy. My son said she has with held sex going on six years now. He has not strayed, even though he has had opportunity time and again. He told me last week he has reached the point where enough is enough and that this summer he is going to visit Reno with $400 in his hand, and has already picked out the lady. So, until this summer gets here, I know two guys that have had the chance and turned it down.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:36 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
What do you mean, "doing a quickie"? A quickie, to me, is sex.

As much as I may love her, as much as she turns me on, the female form is too intoxicating for me to ignore. When I am with a girlfriend, and it is good, I rarely need to do a self induced quickie, but sometimes there is need. Too much of the same thing gets boring, no matter how hot she is, but a fantasy compared to physical cheating I define as different.

If anything going away from the normal (her), makes me want to get back to the normal (her).

May not make sense to you, but that is it.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:37 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,322,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
I have faith in myself, and I have faith in my oldest son. As a business owner, I had six women working for me. Most of them were older ladies (by older I mean 40-60 years of age), and I had only one that was married. I had ample opportunity to get involved with everyone of them. They all liked me because I was kind to them and generous with bonus payments. I was propositioned only by one of these gals who left nothing to my imagination. Even the married one hinted of fun and games. I laughed off all the comments and suggestions and acted as though nothing had been said. As for my son, he has been in a marrage now that has lasted over twenty years. His wife could be an absolute great person if she would just allow her self to be so. But early in their marrage she dicided 'no SOB is going to treat me like my father treats my mother', so she over reacted. She does very little around the house, he does most of the cooking, quite a bit of the cleaning, thier two kids do laundry and some inside cleaning. The wife may as well stay in bed until noon and eat bon bons. She is very talented as an artist and with decorating, she has outstanding computer skills, even better than their own hired tax people who ask for her help. But she thinks it is her right to make all the business decisions. She has a pay check from the business, but no real job. She feels she has the right to tell her husband what he can and can't buy. My son said she has with held sex going on six years now. He has not strayed, even though he has had opportunity time and again. He told me last week he has reached the point where enough is enough and that this summer he is going to visit Reno with $400 in his hand, and has already picked out the lady. So, until this summer gets here, I know two guys that have had the chance and turned it down.
Wow, your son must be living a miserable life with this woman. I hope one day he can find happiness and it doesn't have to resort to such measures for intimacy/sex.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:40 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,739,063 times
yes here.......not all guys cheat

Old 06-04-2010, 02:40 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,998,362 times
Quote:
I do believe someone can be driven to cheating. We are human and can only take so much. Not excusing it, just saying what people do--particularly those closest to us--does have an effect on us in many ways. So, if you're married (even if you're not but particularly if you are) best to make it a good effect.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:52 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,998,362 times
Wow. Looks unanimous. I voted yes but I have to admit, I was taken aback by the news of my friends infidelity. I always wondered if she's as lucky as I suspected by having him. He said he's been telling her for years he can only take so many not-tonights and has asked her if it's his performance, and if so, what he could do to make it better for her. Just the kind of man I always suspected he was--very giving. But now he's giving it to someone else.

Old 06-04-2010, 04:42 PM

213 posts, read 416,558 times
Quote:
You sound stellar but what does your son's wife think about his plans to Reno? Does she approve or is she in the dark about it? If she doesn't know about it, I'd deduct points from your son's character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships