Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think there's a man out there who would NOT cheat even if circumstances were just right?
MEN: Yes 40 42.11%
MEN: No 2 2.11%
WOMEN: Yes 48 50.53%
WOMEN: No 5 5.26%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 06:03 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,975,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
So are you the lone: MEN - NO vote?
havent voted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Hmmm I'm afraid there are waaaaay too many divorce cases against men for not being faithful to believe that one.
yes...divorces filed by old women who are at last seeking fidelity in a partner. Young decent looking women are actually the mistresses who desire the adulterous men.

Old 06-04-2010, 06:06 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Ok. But you don't have to look like them to be worthy of a faithful man. Do you?
No, but it helps.

Sandra seems smart, she is sexy, a good mom, the whole package.

Kate didn't care if her man partied all the time, drank like a sailor, and is wicked sexy.

Both are just really cool ladies, imo, and smoking hot.

Old 06-04-2010, 06:09 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
yes...divorces filed by old women who are at last seeking fidelity in a partner. Young decent looking women are actually the mistresses who desire the adulterous men.
LOL Apparently, you haven't seen some of the people walking in and out of divorce court. Not to worry, life will catch up with you. [sympathetically pats solytaire's head]

Old 06-04-2010, 06:09 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,051 times
Quote:
I agree. I was using men as an example because, 1) someone I thought I knew I found I don't and 2) it's too often stated--by men too or even mainly--that men aren't meant to be monogomous.
Whoever is considering biology and the animal kingdom also knows that in that sense, females aren't meant to be monogamous either. Some females in the animal kingdom mate with multiple males until they conceive.

But we are humans, not animals and we all can utilize our higher level thinking, morals and emotion to not cheat, if we choose.

Old 06-04-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
LOL Apparently, you haven't seen some of the people walking in and out of divorce court. Not to worry, life will catch up with you. [sympathetically pats solytaire's head]
I have...they all seem to be older bitter couples..Young people arent even getting married anymore, so naturally most divorces will be filed by older bitter spouses.

Old 06-04-2010, 06:12 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
Whoever is considering biology and the animal kingdom also knows that in that sense, females aren't meant to be monogamous either. Some females in the animal kingdom mate with multiple males until they conceive.

But we are humans, not animals and we all can utilize our higher level thinking, morals and emotion to not cheat, if we choose.
Of course. Yet, just the same, how often have you heard someone (usually who advocates cheating) use that line?

Old 06-04-2010, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
I have...they all seem to be older bitter couples..Young people arent even getting married anymore, so naturally most divorces will be filed by older bitter spouses.
They're not? Does your town have a marriage notice section? If so, scan it a few times. Mine does and it's always full of young people. So are divorce courts.

Old 06-04-2010, 06:18 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,051 times
Quote:
Of course. Yet, just the same, how often have you heard someone (usually who advocates cheating) use that line?
Well unless somebody put a gun to their head, it was a choice. Whether they feel they have valid justifications for that choice is a whole other matter.

Old 06-04-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
They're not? Does your town have a marriage notice section? If so, scan it a few times. Mine does and it's always full of young people. So are divorce courts.
I dont even know what a marriage notice section is to be honest...Other than that, I can just read statistical trends and see that most young people are remaining single, and therefore never divorce. I think the last figure I saw was like 60% of young people are remaining single.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships