U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-04-2010, 07:53 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
677 posts, read 1,542,859 times
Reputation: 633

Advertisements

We don't go on dates...just bum around his parents' house or go for random drives. Maybe go to the library. Being poor sucks

Tonight specifically, we're both working. If we hang out when I get off (11pm) we might see each other for an hour or two but nothing too romantic. Oh well. Maybe in the future.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-04-2010, 08:04 PM
 
Location: Pa
42,759 posts, read 49,395,615 times
Reputation: 25307
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchelle View Post
We don't go on dates...just bum around his parents' house or go for random drives. Maybe go to the library. Being poor sucks

Tonight specifically, we're both working. If we hang out when I get off (11pm) we might see each other for an hour or two but nothing too romantic. Oh well. Maybe in the future.
Aww....Hope it gets better for you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2010, 08:10 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
677 posts, read 1,542,859 times
Reputation: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Aww....Hope it gets better for you.
I'm sure it will. The biggest problems are that he works for minimum wage at a pizza place while attending college and while I make a bit more money, I have loads of bills to pay. Doesn't leave much discretionary spending Oh well, eventually we'll reach a happy place Til then, I've just gotta deal.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2010, 08:16 PM
 
4,100 posts, read 6,741,130 times
Reputation: 5667
Our date night was last night. Dinner at our favorite restaurant, and yes, we both had a glass of wine with dinner. Then we came home and watched a couple movies in our jammies and drank an Ameretto on the rock for her and a Yukon Jack on the rocks for me. We have dinner at this particular restaurant every Thursday night without fail, and this has been going on for about 8 years now. On occasion we go to a real fancy restaurant and have steak & lobster with a bottle of wine, but never on Thursday. We have been wine lovers for most of our married life and have visited most of the tasting rooms in Oregon. We have made two trips through Napa and Sonoma Valleys in California Wine Country also. In fact, this coming Friday we are going on a trip from the Northern Coast of Oregon to San Diego, California which is in the Southern part of California. We will be doing some wining & dining along the way, in fact that is the whole reason for the trip, plus it's her birthday. Hey, I won't forget you guys while I'm gone, this computer is going too.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2010, 08:31 PM
 
Location: Pa
42,759 posts, read 49,395,615 times
Reputation: 25307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
Our date night was last night. Dinner at our favorite restaurant, and yes, we both had a glass of wine with dinner. Then we came home and watched a couple movies in our jammies and drank an Ameretto on the rock for her and a Yukon Jack on the rocks for me. We have dinner at this particular restaurant every Thursday night without fail, and this has been going on for about 8 years now. On occasion we go to a real fancy restaurant and have steak & lobster with a bottle of wine, but never on Thursday. We have been wine lovers for most of our married life and have visited most of the tasting rooms in Oregon. We have made two trips through Napa and Sonoma Valleys in California Wine Country also. In fact, this coming Friday we are going on a trip from the Northern Coast of Oregon to San Diego, California which is in the Southern part of California. We will be doing some wining & dining along the way, in fact that is the whole reason for the trip, plus it's her birthday. Hey, I won't forget you guys while I'm gone, this computer is going too.
Alright Nite Ryder that sounds awesome! Have fun, and have recommendations for us!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2010, 08:36 PM
 
Location: NYC
7,366 posts, read 13,931,034 times
Reputation: 10359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Well ....um....apparently you had a pig. I'm sorry about your date. Don't say that...Mr. right I'm sure is right around the corner! I will keep my fingers cross for you!
It's just so annoying, to take an honest look at myself and decide that I need to expand my outlook into people I would not have even given a chance normally, and then to have this happen. And this is for the second time, for pete's sake... and I was wearing pedal pushers, not even wearing something slutty. I think maybe I should shut this deal down for a while, recalibrate in six months or so, I'd hope.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2010, 08:40 PM
 
6,145 posts, read 7,101,877 times
Reputation: 6591
No date for me (surprise, surprise...lol). Just finished my six mile walk and now I think the dogs and I are going to hang out on the couch and watch a movie. I have to get up early tomorrow, anyway.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Ep-
 
2,074 posts, read 3,944,633 times
Reputation: 2449
chillin' with the dog since im broke till the end of the month. new place + dog drained the funds. cant wait till i start banking tons of cash again soon =P
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2010, 08:43 PM
 
Location: So Cal
47,125 posts, read 46,597,615 times
Reputation: 48115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
It's just so annoying, to take an honest look at myself and decide that I need to expand my outlook into people I would not have even given a chance normally, and then to have this happen. And this is for the second time, for pete's sake... and I was wearing pedal pushers, not even wearing something slutty. I think maybe I should shut this deal down for a while, recalibrate in six months or so, I'd hope.
I don't doubt that that guy pulled that number on you, but I gotta be honest, I've never known any guy that would even remotely consider doing something like that.....

I wouldn't hang with a guy if I knew that he would do that to a woman.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2010, 08:52 PM
 
Location: NYC
7,366 posts, read 13,931,034 times
Reputation: 10359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't doubt that that guy pulled that number on you, but I gotta be honest, I've never known any guy that would even remotely consider doing something like that.....

I wouldn't hang with a guy if I knew that he would do that to a woman.
I don't know what to tell you, I've never heard of such a thing either.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:19 AM.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top