Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 05:27 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galagaone View Post
Thanks for the support. I took my self out of it for 5 years. Told my ex I was retiring from reltationships after her. Not doable, for me anyway...

I hear that. My first wife was the type that if you took a drive in a stange place and came to a T intersection both right and left would be WRONG and turning back was as wrong. I am glad she is the hell gone . Why I even feel sorry for the poor SOB who married here again! His life must be a living hell. She would pull crap like run out of gas, and call me at work because the car broke.

Once she made the error to throw a cast iron 14 inch fry pan at me with my back turned. I'ld have to say she didn't like the way that turned out.
I didn't hit her either, but I showed her just how much power i can develop injured. That cut it for me and the big D happened next.

If she wanted me gone there is 2 ways, tell me works best, then shooting is 2nd best. I wiorked 3 jobs and never even had time to go to the bank in those days. That will never happen again.

My 2nd is an angel, always caring for any needs to the point she looks out for me felling trees if I need, or getting her hands in oil if I need. She understand I need a helper and a lover, and i care for her back in the same way.

The point, I forgot the point! Well the point was it was a good long time before i tied the knot.

These knots all one strand of wire, tied by me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Who are you? I'm not even TALKING TO YOU!

Like I said you clearly didn't read the thread.

Old 06-05-2010, 05:32 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
I'm 51, successful. I wear the same size jeans I wore when I was 19 (size 34). I have my own business and 2 ncie homes that are paid off. I don't smoke, gamble, go to bars or do drugs. If I drink 2 glasses of merlot a week it's a lot. I like the outdoors and being active. Yet, I can't meet women, I'm attracted to, to save my life.

I get positive reactions from women in my travels. I think I look a lot better in person than this pic. I've been out of dating and relationships for 5 years. It's harder now to break the ice than ever. Either they're on the cell phone, engaged in some other distraction or with a companion. I think most of them think I must have someone, so they don't bother.

Maybe part of the problem is I live in one state for 6 months and another, 1200 miles away the other 6. I didn't think this would be an obstacle. I rather thought it might enhance my options. Seems like the women in Fl think I have someone here and verse vicea... Can't win I guess. And online dating seems like scraping the bottom of the ocean..

Is it that big a deal that I migrate. I don't see why a great chemistry couldn't end up with both of us being migrators..
On-line dating is hit or miss but there are some REALLY good catches there. Or, you can just curl up in a fetal position and give up.

Old 06-05-2010, 05:32 PM

88,567 posts, read 84,777,093 times
You're a good-looking man. You'll find someone. Sit down and write down, honestly and for your eyes only, the attributes you want in a woman. This will give you a clear idea in your own mind about whom you are looking for. Then think about where that type of woman might be found. Then go look for her.

And I can smell that Poconos air looking at your photo! Spent most of my summers up there when I was young.

Old 06-05-2010, 05:42 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Like I said you clearly didn't read the thread.
It's irrelevant!! My point is STILL VALID. Look it it up.

Old 06-05-2010, 05:52 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,636 times
Quote:
Thanks for the input. I didn't say NO women were attracted.. I'm just not attracted to the ones that are, at least lately. I'm having a hard time meeting the type I'm in to, especially here in Pa.
Well, what kind of women have you found are attracted to you, but that you are not attracted to?

What kind of women are you attracted to that you feel you're not having any luck with?

Old 06-05-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
It's irrelevant!! My point is STILL VALID. Look it it up.
Well, you just go find where he says he took out 2 hookers.... You won't find that, since I brought it up in the first place.

The fact is, he doesn't go out with hookers. Which makes all you said so far moot. It is a safe bet a guy that was married before, and is 51 years old knows a few things about today and everything you mentioned. I sure do, but then I am in my 2nd marriage and am 58.

Just read the bloomin thread before you go casting your stones... He isn't a newbie teen ager looking for a first bang. It is safe bet he know std's and the rest... he is simply wondering where to find a women who isn't a gold digger or a bimbo. That is a tuff thing these days with the cell phone. and any female wanting to run a guys life, her way.

The first thing to do is not bother with broads on the cell phone out in public.

Not all guys run on that clock, I sure don't. The day my wife starts telling me what I must do, is the day she goes out the door. That isn't very likely.

Old 06-05-2010, 09:50 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,976,364 times
Quote:
I'm 51, successful. I wear the same size jeans I wore when I was 19 (size 34). I have my own business and 2 ncie homes that are paid off. I don't smoke, gamble, go to bars or do drugs. If I drink 2 glasses of merlot a week it's a lot. I like the outdoors and being active. Yet, I can't meet women, I'm attracted to, to save my life.

I get positive reactions from women in my travels. I think I look a lot better in person than this pic. I've been out of dating and relationships for 5 years. It's harder now to break the ice than ever. Either they're on the cell phone, engaged in some other distraction or with a companion. I think most of them think I must have someone, so they don't bother.

Maybe part of the problem is I live in one state for 6 months and another, 1200 miles away the other 6. I didn't think this would be an obstacle. I rather thought it might enhance my options. Seems like the women in Fl think I have someone here and verse vicea... Can't win I guess. And online dating seems like scraping the bottom of the ocean..

Is it that big a deal that I migrate. I don't see why a great chemistry couldn't end up with both of us being migrators..
Women want STABILITY in a relationship and to be near family and friends.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:43 PM

2,932 posts, read 5,421,249 times
Quote:
I'm having a hard time meeting the type I'm in to, especially here in Pa.
This is from your profile...and could be a part of your problem, hehehe...

Height
5'

Weight

Old 06-06-2010, 07:12 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,191,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You're a good-looking man. You'll find someone. Sit down and write down, honestly and for your eyes only, the attributes you want in a woman. This will give you a clear idea in your own mind about whom you are looking for. Then think about where that type of woman might be found. Then go look for her.

And I can smell that Poconos air looking at your photo! Spent most of my summers up there when I was young.

Even better, make a list of what is ABSOLUTELY unacceptable in another, then keep your eyes open. Kinda keeps you open to things you never knew you wanted. The love of my life didn't possess a single attribute of who I thought I wanted. Luckily I wasn't looking, just living and was pleasantly surprised. (or it was the 5 hours in the hot tub, not sure)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships