Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 12:37 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,323,445 times

Advertisements

I treasure alone time and some people mistake that for being anti-social or upset. I am constantly thinking and can't turn my brain off....EVER! Even when people talk to me, I am visualizing what they are saying in my head but have this "deer in the headlight" look going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 01:31 PM

956 posts, read 1,766,726 times
So many traumatised folks here on CD !

Old 06-06-2010, 01:58 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,334,293 times
That I'm a snob. I'm an introvert and I'm very shy and don't talk much in social situations.

Old 06-06-2010, 02:09 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,247,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I'm a tease. Not sexually, just playful but in a dry sense of humor way and people just don't seem to get me, even family--most of them. They take me seriously.

What's something about you that people just don't get--misunderstand, misinterpret?
As a nearly lifelong bachelor with long periods between them, I know little to nothing about women. I don't have any female friends in real life either. My twin sister is very tough as women go and basically a female version of me. She has a Meg Ryan appearance to her with the blond hair and blue eyes to match. She is very lady like, yet don't mess with her!LOL..... My mom is a farm gal and is pretty much the same way! In my single life the guys and I do a lot of guy stuff, duh! All of these guys are like me and like the same types of things, so constant talking of this type of stuff is common place 24/7. People who aren't familiar with this type of stuff seem to always take offense to it when it is brought up! The truth is that the type of guy I am and my friends always talk about this kind of stuff including their wives. Their wives always ask my opinion on it even. I get bored very quickly with nonsense small talk and need a little excitement to recharge the conversation. People seem to misinterpret that as I am God's gift to women and the be all end all man! The truth is that I don't know any better and don't know what else to say that won't offend some lightweight in some shape or form. I could be phony and give advice like I am an expert on women but that is not the case and it would be obvious I was full of s***! So, talk about what you know about and I will talk about what I know about! Also the emoticon bashing I have received lately irritates me. I am a guitar player and your feelings have to come through your hands. While I can't play for you I can do this. There are some jokes I do and things that I talk about that without this people confuse with being serious. For example, when people just write you are left wondering if the person was serious or not and sometimes it is hard to tell because they don't even put a LOL or anything on it! Being able to adapt and overcome your shortcomings or problems is a specialty of mine. I'm the guy who gets a flat at a junk yard and discovers the jack was removed by someone who drove the trash truck last week! Instead of just getting on the cell and pleading "I'm over here and stranded" and to call a wrecker, I got the guy on the fork lift to jack me up while I changed the tire! See what I mean? Don't assume that a cleaver guy with a way of solving problems at hand is a dork! You may just need that other dork near you like him to help you someday!

Old 06-06-2010, 02:23 PM

956 posts, read 1,766,726 times
Hey, Rugged , if you want to know about women, just ask me ! Sis G will ´give you good advice !

Old 06-06-2010, 02:33 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudra View Post
Hey, Rugged , if you want to know about women, just ask me ! Sis G will ´give you good advice !
A lady insinuating that Rugged is her brother is not gonna make the champ too happy

Old 06-06-2010, 02:39 PM

483 posts, read 555,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I'm a tease. Not sexually, just playful but in a dry sense of humor way and people just don't seem to get me, even family--most of them. They take me seriously.

What's something about you that people just don't get--misunderstand, misinterpret?
I often have a serious look on my face. But the people that know me know I'm often anything but. I like to joke and have fun. My parents told me my face would freeze like that if I kept it up.. I sometimes think I don't smile much because the happiness police might see me loving life...

Old 06-06-2010, 02:43 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,302,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
As a nearly lifelong bachelor with long periods between them, I know little to nothing about women. I don't have any female friends in real life either. My twin sister is very tough as women go and basically a female version of me. She has a Meg Ryan appearance to her with the blond hair and blue eyes to match. She is very lady like, yet don't mess with her!LOL..... My mom is a farm gal and is pretty much the same way! In my single life the guys and I do a lot of guy stuff, duh! All of these guys are like me and like the same types of things, so constant talking of this type of stuff is common place 24/7. People who aren't familiar with this type of stuff seem to always take offense to it when it is brought up! The truth is that the type of guy I am and my friends always talk about this kind of stuff including their wives. Their wives always ask my opinion on it even. I get bored very quickly with nonsense small talk and need a little excitement to recharge the conversation. People seem to misinterpret that as I am God's gift to women and the be all end all man! The truth is that I don't know any better and don't know what else to say that won't offend some lightweight in some shape or form. I could be phony and give advice like I am an expert on women but that is not the case and it would be obvious I was full of s***! So, talk about what you know about and I will talk about what I know about! Also the emoticon bashing I have received lately irritates me. I am a guitar player and your feelings have to come through your hands. While I can't play for you I can do this. There are some jokes I do and things that I talk about that without this people confuse with being serious. For example, when people just write you are left wondering if the person was serious or not and sometimes it is hard to tell because they don't even put a LOL or anything on it! Being able to adapt and overcome your shortcomings or problems is a specialty of mine. I'm the guy who gets a flat at a junk yard and discovers the jack was removed by someone who drove the trash truck last week! Instead of just getting on the cell and pleading "I'm over here and stranded" and to call a wrecker, I got the guy on the fork lift to jack me up while I changed the tire! See what I mean? Don't assume that a cleaver guy with a way of solving problems at hand is a dork! You may just need that other dork near you like him to help you someday!

I would have thought that of all threads you could have broke out in song, this thread would have been the one

This one's for you Rugged - Cheer Up

YouTube - Animals Please Don't let me be Misunderstood.

Old 06-06-2010, 02:44 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,117,533 times
I'm often misunderstood as being rude or snobbish because I have a tendency not to speak when spoken to at times. Reality Check: I don't always feel like small talk a lot of the time. I'm a loner/introvert by nature. Only those who I've gotten to know and trust get my extrovert nature

Old 06-06-2010, 02:47 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,117,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
What clown bashed you for your emoticon usage That's just lame on so many level
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships