Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 01:10 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,798,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
LOL now we are doing cost benefit analysis of whether a prostitute is cheaper than a girlfriend? It's cheapest for you guys to just buy lotion, honestly.
This is what I am seeing here.

A guy can look at girl as a sex object just like a girl see's a guy who is wealthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 02:48 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Like the person said below, miracles do happen.

However, I notice a lot of average to homely men have unreasonable expectations when it comes to the opposite sex. It seems average to homely women have more reasonable expectations.

I'm not talking about you personally, so don't take offense, but a lot of guys with little to nothing to offer in the looks, personality or financial department for some reason insist on having limousine taste and that's just preposterous.

You're better off trying to find an average Jane with an above average personality.
I completely agree! All the single women I know are very realistic about their desirability in the singles market. If they are hot looking, they will confidently approach guys within their league... the ones that are equally hot looking, or if plain looking, the ones with good careers and money. And the plain Janes or homely looking women don't even bother seriously flirting the hot looking guys. They know their odds of success are very slim, so they don't even try.

And from listening in on guy talk from brothers, male co-workers and friends, women know how important looks are to a man when he is looking for a woman to date and marry.

Meanwhile, a lot of guys that aren't handsome, don't have career prospects or money feel entitled to approach the most desirable of women. They just keep thinking that if they keep trying, eventually a pretty girl is going to break down, date and fall in love with him. And he doesn't realize how ridiculous he looks to others while he is doing this. Just like the loser guy that got fired from my work for many reasons, but mostly because he kept asking out all the women and making them feel uncomfortable.

And no, it's not flattering for a hottie to be asked out by an average looking guy with nothing special going for him. Most hot looking women would consider that an insult. They work hard and spend a lot of money to look hot, so they feel that a guy that asks them out needs to have put in a good amount of effort being a guy that is amazing at something in his life.

So that is why average Joe should stick with dating an average Jane.

Old 06-30-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I completely agree! All the single women I know are very realistic about their desirability in the singles market. If they are hot looking, they will confidently approach guys within their league... the ones that are equally hot looking, or if plain looking, the ones with good careers and money. And the plain Janes or homely looking women don't even bother seriously flirting the hot looking guys. They know their odds of success are very slim, so they don't even try.

And from listening in on guy talk from brothers, male co-workers and friends, women know how important looks are to a man when he is looking for a woman to date and marry.

Meanwhile, a lot of guys that aren't handsome, don't have career prospects or money feel entitled to approach the most desirable of women. They just keep thinking that if they keep trying, eventually a pretty girl is going to break down, date and fall in love with him. And he doesn't realize how ridiculous he looks to others while he is doing this. Just like the loser guy that got fired from my work for many reasons, but mostly because he kept asking out all the women and making them feel uncomfortable.

And no, it's not flattering for a hottie to be asked out by an average looking guy with nothing special going for him. Most hot looking women would consider that an insult. They work hard and spend a lot of money to look hot, so they feel that a guy that asks them out needs to have put in a good amount of effort being a guy that is amazing at something in his life.

So that is why average Joe should stick with dating an average Jane.
There are average Jane's that don't realize that they may be hot looking to some guys also. It comes down to confidence and how you present your self.

So men can spend a lot of money to look good also.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:59 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
There are average Jane's that don't realize that they may be hot looking to some guys also. It comes down to confidence and how you present your self.
And I applaud any man that asks out an average Jane looking woman instead of a typical hottie type female.
Quote:
So men can spend a lot of money to look good also.
And some refer to them as metrosexuals... but this is a thread about average Joes dating models. And the fact is, model looking women have a lot of men wanting to ask them out, so with the increased competition, the odds of an average Joe having a model looking girlfriend or wife are... slim to none. And if he gets one, it's also very likely that he's not going to be able to hang onto her love and affection when Mr. Amazing looks her way.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:07 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,275,921 times
Quote:
women know how important looks are to a man when he is looking for a woman to date and marry
I agree. Men also know how important his economic status is to a woman if she's thinking about marriage.

Old 06-30-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
And I applaud any man that asks out an average Jane looking woman instead of a typical hottie type female.

And some refer to them as metrosexuals... but this is a thread about average Joes dating models. And the fact is, model looking women have a lot of men wanting to ask them out, so with the increased competition, the odds of an average Joe having a model looking girlfriend or wife are... slim to none. And if he gets one, it's also very likely that he's not going to be able to hang onto her love and affection when Mr. Amazing looks her way.
There is no way to know who is hot and who is average. All varies.

The competition is fierce with landing a hot woman.

Old 06-30-2010, 05:18 PM

This shows that Love only exist in the movies. The rest is all business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships