Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 12:26 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,341,511 times

Advertisements

An orb captured early this morning at my farm house via a security camera with IR night vision. No light source other than the IR was used. The date and time of the event are in the video. It looks like a reflection of the moon but the moon had set at 3:42 am.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 05:34 PM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
White "orbs"...Notice that the snowflakes nearest the camera appear perfectly round. That is because the nearer the object is to the camera from the focus point the more out of focus and round it appears...The same thing happens when a dust particle, raindrop or even when an insect is close to the camera...They all reflect light from the flash and appear round.
No fair! You're trying to confuse them with facts.

Old 06-12-2011, 05:54 PM

Someone please explain my orb. This is not the first one I've seen and they seem to come back only on certain nights. I guarantee you it was not snowing on the south High Plains in June and certainly not inside my house.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:47 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
I believe sometimes they are just camera flukes and sometimes they are auras or angels or something of the like. For example, there is this one guy I know who every time he is photographed, has a white orb around his head. I also see it in his aura in real life.

In other instances, it's just optical effects, such as when the sun is captured in a photo, particularly if it's just emerging from behind a cloud or a rock or something.

If an orb shows up around a person over and over again, regardless of changes in lighting conditions, I'm more inclined to believe it's a spiritual orb. If it's a one-time thing, then it's probably just an optical effect.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:20 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
High Plains Retired - What do you think they are?
There are many on here who think that what is captured is merely a trick of light, or camera reflections. Like angels, UFOs, ghosts, aliens etc, there will be some people who just do not believe in them unless they have shaken hands with the entity itself. Even then they probably would not believe unless they could measure its blood pressure.

I feel that they are the ones who have a problem, not us who believe there is something out there which we cannot explain or measure(yet). Science just does not have a wide enough view on life to encompass all that we see and experience, and everything that they cannot explain is down to some 'effect' of other known phenomena within their set of rules. Sad really. :-)

Too many people have experienced stuff which cannot be explained by science and although it was real to us, the scientists would have us doubt ourselves rather than do a proper investigation. Maybe they are just scared to find out who or what is really out there?

Old 06-13-2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I believe sometimes they are just camera flukes and sometimes they are auras or angels or something of the like. For example, there is this one guy I know who every time he is photographed, has a white orb around his head. I also see it in his aura in real life.

In other instances, it's just optical effects, such as when the sun is captured in a photo, particularly if it's just emerging from behind a cloud or a rock or something.

If an orb shows up around a person over and over again, regardless of changes in lighting conditions, I'm more inclined to believe it's a spiritual orb. If it's a one-time thing, then it's probably just an optical effect.
Thanks for the reply. Actually I've seen these things on several occasions since setting up the security equipment a few weeks ago. They were back last night but only as small translucent balls flying around. This huge white one is one of two I have seen in the DVR screen although I had to work at catching this last one on camera. The room was totally dark so I don't think it was a lens effect. However, it may have been electrical in nature, It is extraordinarily dry here right now. I plan to swap out cameras and see if it is something in that particular camera and will post again.

As to a spiritual basis for these orbs, this house is around 70 years old andI have rea that these orbs are nearly always found where there has been traumatic death. I don't know if anyone has ever actually died inside the house (there is a bullet hole in the front door casing) but I do know the last owner died in a motorcycle crash just a few miles from here. I plan to talk to some locals and see what they know about the old house.

Also I do believe we are living in the last days and we can expect to see and expect some incredible things during the last generation. I am just not quite ready to say these orbs are supernatural though until I pursue it further.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
High Plains Retired - What do you think they are?
There are many on here who think that what is captured is merely a trick of light, or camera reflections. Like angels, UFOs, ghosts, aliens etc, there will be some people who just do not believe in them unless they have shaken hands with the entity itself. Even then they probably would not believe unless they could measure its blood pressure.

I feel that they are the ones who have a problem, not us who believe there is something out there which we cannot explain or measure(yet). Science just does not have a wide enough view on life to encompass all that we see and experience, and everything that they cannot explain is down to some 'effect' of other known phenomena within their set of rules. Sad really. :-)

Too many people have experienced stuff which cannot be explained by science and although it was real to us, the scientists would have us doubt ourselves rather than do a proper investigation. Maybe they are just scared to find out who or what is really out there?

I worked in the environmental and biological sciences for many years and I can assure you that science is not normally as pure and free from bias and prejudice as we have been led to believe by our government and Hollywood.

As I read about orbs, their presence seems to have mostly come about with the advent of digital photography. Could orbs be something related to this new electronic technology? However, I also read about some orbs being found in older paper/chemical photography so I am not sure this presumption holds much help.

I plan to swap the camera in that one room for another one and see if that resolves the issue. I will post my results later.

Old 06-20-2011, 09:46 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
I used to be a spiritualist and I know a fair amount about seances etc and not all are faked. Yes, some are - just like everything else in this world. However, some are not. Spiritualists throughout the ages have been reporting all manner of strange things including orbs, lights, ectoplasm(which reportedly looks a lot like this), etc. Basically, it is all energy in different forms.

I do not think that they can all be put down to tricks of light or fakery, and I tend to believe that there are some beings who can appear as orbs in our 3D world. But, thats just a belief.

Saying that this orb phenomena is merely due to light, reflection etc is as much a belief by the 'scientist-types' as the other argument for them being something else. Just because we can generate them with cameras and lenses and light and dust, does not mean that they are always caused by such things.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:14 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,119,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
As far as I know, they are simply caused by light reflecting of dust. Now, if someone went into a "clean room" and took a pic and orbs showed up, then maybe they might be something else. But until then, I have to go with the dust explanation.
How refractive is dust, really?

Old 06-21-2011, 09:25 PM

4,498 posts, read 6,314,046 times
This is a picture that I took of my daughter about 10 years ago. I always assumed this was a water droplet close to the lense because of the rainbow reflection in it. I would be interested to know what people here thought it was.

I'll only keep the picture here for a day or so and then I will remove it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal