Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 12:27 PM

889 posts, read 825,992 times

Advertisements

Further evidence of the complete intolerance to Christianity ESPECIALLY if you were originally Muslim:

Iran Court Convicts Christian Pastor Convert To Death | Fox News

Tick tock, tick tock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 12:46 PM

337 posts, read 409,254 times
That's why we need to vote for those that would ban Sharia law from America's shores. There is no place for Sharia in the land of the free.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:51 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
All three of the major religions have committed some crime or another towards one another and when one gets the worst of it they are the first to cry about it.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:15 PM

1,816 posts, read 2,514,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind over Chatter View Post
That's why we need to vote for those that would ban Sharia law from America's shores. There is no place for Sharia in the land of the free.
Sure, religious law shouldn't rule over secular law. Glad we can all agree on that.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:27 PM

126 posts, read 81,101 times
Yes religious law has no place in the land of the free..now let people buy alcohol on sundays, gays marry, remove god from our money and our pledge (which was added only a few decades ago during the cold war) etc. Glad we finally agree...

Oh wait...it isn't the land of the free right? It's only the land of the free concerning islam/muslims..right? We must live under the christian religion eh?

Old 02-22-2012, 03:15 PM

I think you might prefer this land over any middle eastern government, but maybe not. In fact, why don't you live over there for five years, and report back. What do you say?

Old 02-22-2012, 03:19 PM

337 posts, read 409,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rationalism View Post
Yes religious law has no place in the land of the free..now let people buy alcohol on sundays, gays marry, remove god from our money and our pledge (which was added only a few decades ago during the cold war) etc. Glad we finally agree...

Oh wait...it isn't the land of the free right? It's only the land of the free concerning islam/muslims..right? We must live under the christian religion eh?
There is no freedom outside of a government built on Christian principals.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:22 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind over Chatter View Post
There is no freedom outside of Christianity.
Another victim of the Stockholm Syndrome.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:31 PM

126 posts, read 81,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodToBeHome View Post
I think you might prefer this land over any middle eastern government, but maybe not. In fact, why don't you live over there for five years, and report back. What do you say?
Why would any atheist or agnostic prefer an even more religious area than the already hyper religious USA? Maybe if you said "Why don't you live over in Sweden or Japan and report back" I would say yes I would. But I would like to see my country improve and enforce its secular founding, rather than just bail out and go to Sweden or Japan.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rationalism View Post
Why would any atheist or agnostic prefer an even more religious area than the already hyper religious USA? Maybe if you said "Why don't you live over in Sweden or Japan and report back" I would say yes I would. But I would like to see my country improve and enforce its secular founding, rather than just bail out and go to Sweden or Japan.
Secular founding? You are in denial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality