Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2010, 10:31 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Again, we'll see.

(BTW, NAMI has not yet "seen" the Ark. There you go again! GORE™. Fricking amazing! )

And so, again, I have not seen any evidence of a "huge complex structure", just bits and pieces sticking out in a linear array of melted ice caves. Even so, just a few "rooms" does not automatically mean it's attached to a "huge complex structure". They are only rooms if you can delineate the walls, not those of ice or collapsed rock, Tom. There's a lot of work to be done yet here! other glaciers all over the world are melting, and so is this one, with caves forming inside it.

To assume they are partv of a larger "structure" that no-one has yet seen, radared, sonared or even drilled for? This is the height of speculation!

This is akin to finding and photographing the bathroom (head) in a sunken WW-II old freighter in the North Atlantic and declaring "Yep! We've absolutely found a sunken nuclear-powered aircraft carrier!"

Nope. Not until you find the ends, the sides, the levels, and all the other requirements can you state that you have a "huge complex structure", Tom. So far, through the results of their one and only trip, which you admit was difficult, they do not have any of that accumulated and accurate documentation. As you well know.

For just a briefest moment, would you agree that they could well have found evidence that supports, with equal or better logic, "rooms" or space from a big barn? If you cannot even accept that possibility, then you're really a lost case as regards credible research.

And again (and again, and again...) even if it, unlikely, turns out to actually be a boat, what makes that, absolutely, The Ark? The Ark is an impossibility, so we all know ahead of time it can't be that. It's only you who ignores all those impossibilities and logical problems.

Meantime, I'm expecting that e-mail from UNESCO, and from the Turkish government Dept of Environmental Protection, who I chased down. I want to know if they are actually supporting and/or permitting this, or if it's just Ertugrul yakking it up, he who hated being "burned" by Dr Price and thus made up a bunch of lies about him.

We'll see, won't we. Soon enough.
I believe there is a great deal of information that has not been shared with the outside world as of yet. However, we do know according to Mr. Gerrit Aalten, who is Duch Ark researcher, that this vessel is both long and rectangular. Measurements have been taken. And it should be understood, that we are speaking about a very large object deep below the ice. And you are correct, there is much more work to be done. However, I believe there is a greater possibility of this being the Ark of Noah than a barn. Because who would build a barn 13,000 or 14,000 feet above the earth? And for what purpose? I am a believer in the Scriptures, and according to the Scriptures, this is the very mountain where the Ark landed. And it landed according to the Scriptures near the very top of the mountain. Even their simple diagram of the 7 spaces lets you know that they have a very good idea of how these rooms are laid out. Link below.

noahsarknews.com - Noah's Ark News and Updates!

Now for my belief you might say I am a lost case. Yet historical discovery always lands on the side of Biblical accuracy. You say the Ark is an impossibility. Yet the God of the Bible tells us, that with Him all things are possible. It was not that long ago that others here said no manmade wood, would be found on Ararat. Now you say that if this turns out to be a boat, which in reality because of it's size, would be more on the order of a ship. How could we believe it was the Ark? My question to you would be. How could you not believe it was the Ark? Especially when it was the Bible who told us where it would be found, and even describes in detail what the Ark look like.

The problem is riflemen, you don't know who you are dealing with. When you say the Ark is an impossiblilty, that is how God works. And God does this sort of thing, to confuse those who are wise in the ways of this world. God's been doing this for years.

1 Corinthians 3:19-20

"For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, 'He catches the wise in their own craftiness'; and again, 'The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile.''

Old 06-28-2010, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Actually, the rooms are quite small. The diagram shows a large empty space which as I already pointed out, does not seem to be part of the structure. There are two odd flat sheets of Ice or rock which could be anything. The photos show some apparently hefty pieces of wood, but there's no scale. They could be quite small.

That's a good question, but it's a bit like the glimpse of straw that I saw in one photo. It's a bit much to believe that's survived for - what eight thousand years?

Some of the rooms are at least 16 feet tall, so we really can't say all the rooms are small. This is pointed out in the link below. And according to Gerrit Aalten, who is an Ark researcher, this vessel is both (LONG AND RECTANGULAR).

The empty spaces are part of the structure, yet they were not able to get to those spaces. The straw like the cobwebs, most likely came from nesting birds during a time when the Ark was exposed. And according to the Bible, the Ark had three decks. And that is why we see the rooms on different levels.

Old 06-28-2010, 11:26 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Some of the rooms are at least 16 feet tall, so we really can't say all the rooms are small. This is pointed out in the link below. And according to Gerrit Aalten, who is an Ark researcher, this vessel is both (LONG AND RECTANGULAR).

The empty spaces are part of the structure, yet they were not able to get to those spaces. The straw like the cobwebs, most likely came from nesting birds during a time when the Ark was exposed. And according to the Bible, the Ark had three decks. And that is why we see the rooms on different levels.

The people on that site are blatant liars....

Snipped from the site you posted.

Quote:
Everyone has ever climbed Mount Ararat would know the terrain above 3,800m is so rugged that you cannot carry anything more than a backpack. We have communicated to Mr. Muhsin Bulut, the Director of Cultural Ministries, Agri Province, where Mount Ararat locates and sought his opinion about the possibility of transporting a lot of timber and planting a large wood structure high on an altitude of 4,000m. He assured us that the mountain is a restricted area and strictly monitored; therefore, such an act was impossible.
A snippit from this site... World of the Bible Ministries Biblical Archaeology

Quote:
In the summer of 2009 our team’s Kurdish workers transported by hand a 1,000-pound generator to 3963 meters (13,000 feet), a 400-pound generator to 5183 meters (17,000 feet), and at the same elevation we built a house out of steel and plastic that held seven people. This was done in only a matter of a few weeks. We also observed Kurds carrying wood up the mountain to be used for fuel as well as observed the remains of large wood fires at various elevations. According to my sources, Parasut and his workers transported the wood from Ezurum and carried the wood to the cave over the last year and a half. This does not prove that this happened, but it shows that it could happen.

Old 06-29-2010, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The people on that site are blatant liars....

Snipped from the site you posted.

A snippit from this site... World of the Bible Ministries Biblical Archaeology

Where are Mr. Prices photos that he said he had? All he would have to do is post them, and we would know he was speaking the truth. Why has he not done this already?

Old 06-29-2010, 01:29 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,819,909 times
Quote:
Where are Mr. Prices photos that he said he had? All he would have to do is post them, and we would know he was speaking the truth. Why has he not done this already?
What's this? You are doubting Mr. Prices personal testimony of his eye-witness account? Tell me this isn't so.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
What's this? You are doubting Mr. Prices personal testimony of his eye-witness account? Tell me this isn't so.

Well of course, Mr. Price does not believe the Ark that the NAMI stated they have found is the real Noahs Ark. Mr. Price stated it is all just planted wood. And Mr. Price said his pictures of the Ark are the same pictures as the ones taken by the NAMI. So if that were the case, all Mr. Price would have to do to make his case, is to show us the pictures he has. Yet, it appears he is unable to do this. So yes, I am doubting Mr. Prices personal testimony. Especially when so many others have already been to the Ark, and continue to refuted Mr. Prices claim.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:25 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
It comes down to who you believe.

Quote:
If the structure “discovered” by NAMI’s guide Parasut is confirmed by independent, qualified scientific investigation (at the site) to be Noah’s Ark, then I join in praising God and congratulating NAMI for the greatest discovery of all time. However, until this is confirmed in this manner, I have reservations based on my professional training as an archaeologist, my experience with Parasut and NAMI, and my acquaintance with locals in Dogubabyazit who have professed personal knowledge of a hoax by Parasut......Dr. R Price
Quote:
While Dr. Price does not retract his statements, he wants the public to understand that these only represent his opinion as informed by his experience with the Kurdish guide and the Chinese and other sources in eastern Turkey. However, Dr. Price is currently working with his sources in eastern Turkey to obtain such documentation. Nevertheless, his primary source cannot be exposed to media scrutiny because an untimely exposure would compromise the plans and preparations for an expedition to Mt. Ararat in which he is involved as archaeologist this summer.

Old 06-29-2010, 03:11 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,819,909 times
Quote:
Well of course, Mr. Price does not believe the Ark that the NAMI stated they have found is the real Noahs Ark. Mr. Price stated it is all just planted wood. And Mr. Price said his pictures of the Ark are the same pictures as the ones taken by the NAMI. So if that were the case, all Mr. Price would have to do to make his case, is to show us the pictures he has. Yet, it appears he is unable to do this. So yes, I am doubting Mr. Prices personal testimony. Especially when so many others have already been to the Ark, and continue to refuted Mr. Prices claim.

Hmm. Go figure. If I were to think you were consistant in what you require as evidence, that should have been ample.

Old 06-29-2010, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Hmm. Go figure. If I were to think you were consistant in what you require as evidence, that should have been ample.

Mr. Price has no evidence, nor does he have anyone coming forward to back up his claim. The Ark of Noah on Mt. Ararat has a long list of people over the years that have stated they personally saw the Ark on the mountain. And these personal accounts are the ones I will consider. Mr Price is but one man, yet there are many people who have reported the Ark being there. And now we have a number of others who have actually been inside the Ark. And we have still shots, and video which helps to confirm their accounts. Mr. Prices story is more based on he said, she said. Not very convincing. And the fact, that when given a chance to refute the findings of the NAMI on a news show, Mr. Price declined to do so. One mans claim would not be consistant with my requirement for evidence. Fifty men over many years, and with others showing us video and still shots of their discovery, would be more in keeping with my requirement.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:09 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,636,292 times
Quote:
Fifty men over many years, and with others showing us video and still shots of their discovery, would be more in keeping with my requirement.
So a few stills and and videos of who knows what, along with some colorful yarns, is all the requirement you need to be convincing as authentic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality